+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Education Credential Assessment (ECA)

arti.sagar

Apr 23, 2017
Hi All,

I have done 5 years integrated MBA (3Yrs for BBA & 2Yrs for MBA) from Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (Grade 'A' University by NAAC) in the year 2006. It was a regular program and not a distance learning. I have scored 57.98% (Second Division) in BBA (Bachelor's Degree) & I have scored 65.55% (First Division) in MBA (Master's Degree) Am I eligible for ECA process? Do I need to get both my degrees assessed (Graduation and Post Graduation), as I don't have the 1st division in bachelor degree?

I have an experience of 10 years in HR domain.

Kindly Suggest!!

Regards

northeastguy

Jun 7, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
kolkata
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
na
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
nma
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
na
Med's Done....
na
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
na
VISA ISSUED...
na
LANDED..........
na
Hello all,

Have been thinking of sharing my experience with WES...

I did 3 years diploma in Hotel Management from a private college which was AICTE approved at that time. after I applied last year.. I got an update that I need to submit my 10+2 credential to proceed. confused .. I went ahead and had sent it back then... after approx 20 days got reply that my ECA was 10+2 (higher secondary) and diploma from non recognised institute....shattered dreams was all that remained. I took this as a challenge and then submitted for a reconsideration to the director of evaluation and then I got the same reply that the course was a non recognised one. Now I requested my college to furnish additional documents from AICTE for my period of study, they helped.... and than I wrote a letter to Director of Evaluations and all the documents were sent to WES...NEXT THING IS BINGO...I got it what I was expecting.. they had sent me a second opinion ECA report stating that the new one is equivalent to 3 years degree..

Immediately afterwards.. I applied for IELTS and recently got my score

L- 8.5
S - 8.5
R - 7.5
W - 6.5

So here again as I am very confident about my english and what I wrote... ihave applied for EOR...if I get a 7 in writing... My score would be well beyond 400....

Thanks,
northeastguy :)

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
any1 having any idea that how many days do WES takes to respond to query made through email.

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
Friends I need help and suggestion
my evaluation report from WES is already completed a month back but i feel they have done mistake in mentioning the 'year' of graduation. Actually I graduated in 2009 (after the completion of compulsory internship) which is also mentioned in my degree certificate but in WES report the 'year' is mentioned to be 2008. I fear that this discrepancy might become reason for my CIC application to be rejected. That is why I emailed WES regarding this 6 days back but no response till now except automated acknowledgment email. Is this mistake a matter of worry? I am delaying creating my EE profile because of this fear. Please suggest me.

mek111

Jun 17, 2017
Hello all,

I did 3 years diploma in Hotel Management from a private college which was AICTE approved at that time. after I applied last year.. I got an update that I need to submit my 10+2 credential to proceed. confused .. I went ahead and had sent it back then... after approx 20 days got reply that my ECA was 10+2 (higher secondary) and diploma from non recognised institute....shattered dreams was all that remained. I took this as a challenge and then submitted for a reconsideration to the director of evaluation and then I got the same reply that the course was a non recognised one. Now I requested my college to furnish additional documents from AICTE for my period of study, they helped.... and than I wrote a letter to Director of Evaluations and all the documents were sent to WES...NEXT THING IS BINGO...I got it what I was expecting.. they had sent me a second opinion ECA report stating that the new one is equivalent to 3 years degree..

L- 8.5
S - 8.5
R - 7.5
W - 6.5

So here again as I am very confident about my english and what I wrote... ihave applied for EOR...if I get a 7 in writing... My score would be well beyond 400....

Thanks,
Hi there,
Have you received your EOR result yet?
I am in the same situation and thinking of applying for an EOR.

g.krish2

Jul 10, 2017
Hello all,

L- 8.5
S - 8.5
R - 7.5
W - 6.5

Thanks,
hi.. thanks for sharing your experience.. can you share the contact details of the Director of evaluations..

Mar 9, 2015
There have been cases where UGC recognized universities have not be recognized by WES.

Take the online free evaluation to get to know more.

I would suggest you go through WES Evaluation itself and have faith.
I m in the same position now.
Document section of WES does not talk about 12+3+4 degree. Hence please please help me in this regard.

What does "Name of the Institution" indicate in the form? Is it "College Name" or "University Name from where transcripts are issued"

My 3 years BCA is from Gaya College (Affiliated to Magadh University). When I m trying to fill the field "Name of Institution" with "Gaya College", it accepts but when I fill the "Name of Institution" with "Magadh University" pop up appears & says "WES does not evaluate academic records from Magadh University"

My 4 years M.Tech from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS). Since WES does not evaluate Magadh University but evaluates my masters from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).

I can submit all the documents (Bachelors & Masters transcripts). But just in case if WES asks for bachelor documents (in case Masters documents are not sufficient) & since my Bachelors is from Gaya College (Affiliated Magadh University) which is not accepted. How would I proceed with this ?

diya15

Jan 24, 2017
Document section of WES does not talk about 12+3+4 degree. Hence please please help me in this regard.

What does "Name of the Institution" indicate in the form? Is it "College Name" or "University Name from where transcripts are issued"

My 3 years BCA is from Gaya College (Affiliated to Magadh University). When I m trying to fill the field "Name of Institution" with "Gaya College", it accepts but when I fill the "Name of Institution" with "Magadh University" pop up appears & says "WES does not evaluate academic records from Magadh University"

My 4 years M.Tech from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS). Since WES does not evaluate Magadh University but evaluates my masters from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).

I can submit all the documents (Bachelors & Masters transcripts). But just in case if WES asks for bachelor documents (in case Masters documents are not sufficient) & since my Bachelors is from Gaya College (Affiliated Magadh University) which is not accepted. How would I proceed with this ?
Hi Anant,

I am on the same boat and do not know how to proceed. Did WES evaluated your academic records? Kindly advice.

Sadaf Ali

Jul 20, 2017

Hi Anant,

I am on the same boat and do not know how to proceed. Did WES evaluated your academic records? Kindly advice.

Well if time is not a constraint, then you can try other agencies. :)

gir_8

Nov 23, 2014
Hi All.
I have a specific query regarding whether I should include my post graduate degree MBA if the WES ECA report says it is One Year Post Secondary Study at non-recognized institution.

Because, I will be losing 7+25 CRS points for Only Bachelor's degree recognized.

Secondly, in case of my spouse, her both the degrees are recognized BSc as Bachelors (Three Years) and MSc as Bachelors (Four Years). Can it be qualified as Two or more Degrees to claim 119 points ?

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hello guys,

Please advise. I got an ITA yesterday. While filling my express entry profile I indicated that I have a Bachelor's degree from Nigeria and a Master's degree from Canada. I did not send my Nigerian degree for WES evaluation. I felt a Master's degree from Canada should be just fine to give me all the points I needed. I am currently updating my FSW application form and I don't know if I should remove the Nigerian degree and leave only my Master's degree from Canada since it has not been evaluated? I could send my Nigerian Bachelor's degree for evaluation now but I'm worried it may delay my submission, plus not evaluating it means I will be cutting some cost. I guess what I want to know is if dropping it would affect my application? Someone said I wouldn't have to evaluate the degree since I already have an ITA; how true is this? I also stated my ongoing PhD program (also in Canada) in the profile without an end date. Should I remove or leave this?

Please help!

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi friends i have one query. If someone has only first name on educational ceritificates and no last name. Then what should he/she can fill in lastname while creating wes account? Kindly advise.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi friends i have one query. If someone has only first name on educational ceritificates and no last name. Then what should he/she can fill in lastname while creating wes account? Kindly advise.
I also have single name and understand the situation you would be going through. We don't come across people with single names too often lolz.

Here is what i did, i wrote my name in first name and put - in last name field while registration. When you prepare your application for evaluation, they ask name written on degree for every qualification so you can write it there without any problems. This is the best thing WES has done after changes to their site.

Best of Luck!!

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
hi everyone,

i have already finished a bachelor's degree in the philippines but am now taking another 2-year diploma course. i have already finished 1 year of the the 2-year course, and i'm still on this study. if i get an ECA now, would WES also evaluate my 2nd course (diplomat course) even if i haven't finished it yet?

thanks

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hi everyone,

i have already finished a bachelor's degree in the philippines but am now taking another 2-year diploma course. i have already finished 1 year of the the 2-year course, and i'm still on this study. if i get an ECA now, would WES also evaluate my 2nd course (diplomat course) even if i haven't finished it yet?

thanks[/QUO
No Wes needs a degree passing certificate or atleast a provisional one. If your in the middle of a course than cannot be evaluated u til it's complete