july 14 ppr

invitation letter from brother in Canada on PR status - not signed
applied single
Active B1 USA Visa
USA L1 Visa refusal history and disclosed
Employment and pay stubs attached with Job Letter

Submitted the application on his behalf

Good Luck all
Congratulations. Good to know some people are actually getting answers. We have waited almost 4 months. What country did you apply from?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Congratulations. Good to know some people are actually getting answers. We have waited almost 4 months. What country did you apply from?
Yes I also helped a friend submit the application online from India and he is waiting over 6 months. It is frustrating to say the least

This application was submitted using the IRCC portal. The Portal applications are all processed in Ottawa. However if you ask IRCC the agent would say it is with the Visa processing nearest to your current address which is WRONG

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
Applied TRV for my brother through IRCC online portal, Submitted full application with all required and supporting documentation. Received UCI and Finger print request next day and now application is in processing mode along with background check. Fingers crossed!!
When did you apply?

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
With the current processing times, you can hear in 3 weeks to 6 months.
It got stuck at background check... It sucks as we mentioned the travel plan for one month starting in September, wondering what if the travel plan timeline would pass and still we didn't see any progress about the application!!

Bit confused as currently we applied under portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca after creating the account and showing all details about the application. Is there any other way to apply for visitor visa as people here are talking about two methods as I'm not sure if we are on the right track or used the slowest platform instead of fastest platform??

i) IRCC Portal (which i assumed i used)
ii) GC Key (which i assume is same as (i) )

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
It got stuck at background check... It sucks as we mentioned the travel plan for one month starting in September, wondering what if the travel plan timeline would pass and still we didn't see any progress about the application!!

Bit confused as currently we applied under portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca after creating the account and showing all details about the application. Is there any other way to apply for visitor visa as people here are talking about two methods as I'm not sure if we are on the right track or used the slowest platform instead of fastest platform??

i) IRCC Portal (which i assumed i used)
ii) GC Key (which i assume is same as (i) )
At the beginning of your application you are asked a few questions. Based on that, system recommends which one to choose.
Travel plans can pass. Ours have already passed in June but file will still be processed. There’s no faster way, and files remain in background check, processing, and sometimes eligibility starts and stays on, or many time eligibility doesn’t even get updated until the day you get passport request.

just have to wait now.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
At the beginning of your application you are asked a few questions. Based on that, system recommends which one to choose.
Travel plans can pass. Ours have already passed in June but file will still be processed. There’s no faster way, and files remain in background check, processing, and sometimes eligibility starts and stays on, or many time eligibility doesn’t even get updated until the day you get passport request.

just have to wait now.
Got it. Tnks