+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa via IRCC portal

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Actually, I am at the last stage of process (fee payment)
Considering a super visa now. So, confused whether to skip TRV application and start super visa process since waiting time is less for latter.

Hi people, any views on the same??

Last edited:

Jaise

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
I applied for a visitor visa for my partner on June 2021. No decision yet, so I am planning to reapply.Did you guys applied for written authorisation through webform?
At the same time anybody applied in IRCC portal too?

harpreetkrd

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
What about old applications through GC key... my mum applied for supervisa Feb 2021 with medicals, but completed biometrics Aug 16, 2021 no response since.
I got an update on my GC key after 10 months, received correspondence letter. I have allied from UAE. Also submit new application after 7Sep, no response on that.

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022.

Date Submitted: March 24, 2022
Current Status: Submitted
Biometrics Request: March 28, 2022
Biometrics Completed: April 13, 2022 (Canadian Embassy in Havana)
Application Stock on "Background Check"

I've sent two messages through the webform and sent the consent letter to my MP to look into the case. My wife and I have made a tremendous effort to exercise patience and to be understanding about the current IRCC delays. However, we have reached a point where our emotional well-being is being affected by this situation.

Is anyone sharing a similar timeline? Thank you in advance

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for my spouse to visit me from Cuba on March 24th 2022.

I've sent two messages through the webform and sent the consent letter to my MP to look into the case. My wife and I have made a tremendous effort to exercise patience and to be understanding about the current IRCC delays. However, we have reached a point where our emotional well-being is being affected by this situation.

People are waiting from Oct Nov 2021 too. So not much can be done except waiting. It is just luck that matters with Canadian visa lately

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Assuming she satisfies the other requirements, her homeland origin could be delaying a decision.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020

Visitor Visa application for spouses generally do not get approved. Your strongest tie is your spouse so visa officer has absolutely no reason to believe your spouse will return to their country. Spousal sponsorship is your only best route.

rdrumsb

Jul 11, 2014
Visitor Visa application for spouses generally do not get approved. Your strongest tie is your spouse so visa officer has absolutely no reason to believe your spouse will return to their country. Spousal sponsorship is your only best route.
I've done both. Her family sponsorship application is in its 5th month.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Lately spousal TRV is sheer luck. I have know hundreds of people between Sep 2021 till now who got a TRV using the IRCC portal which runs on Chinook. So it is definitely worth trying. If a human intervenes, then may be the odds are high towards a refusal but i will not generalize.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Applied TRV for my brother through IRCC online portal, Submitted full application with all required and supporting documentation. Received UCI and Finger print request next day and now application is in processing mode along with background check. Fingers crossed!!

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022

Did MP helped you in any way?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
june 18 submitted on ircc portal
june 22 biometric done
july 13 bvl
july 14 ppr

invitation letter from brother in Canada on PR status - not signed
applied single
Active B1 USA Visa