+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa via IRCC portal

vasthana1

Sep 17, 2021
If we dont want to reapply after sept 7 cutoff date and the travel dates have passed, what should be done in this case?
There is one thing called as GCMS notes, that you can apply for. The GCMS notes are the only accurate way of providing a detailed record of an applicant's file, correspondence from and to IRCC, documents received from the applicant, detailed notes from the officers reviewing the file at each stage, thus providing valuable information on the current status and future processing.

It can only be applied from inside the Canada, so there are companies that can file it on behalf of you, in about $25 to $30 but again the processing time of GCMS notes is atelast 30-40 days. So, you again have to wait for that long and who knows you might get your visa approval before that. So it's your call.

krith2012

Jul 11, 2021
I applied via portal on 11th sep again
I am planning to apply again using gc key one more time. Bcoz response is faster
Did anyone do that
My agent applied through GC key on 11th. Due to some miscommunication, I applied from the portal again on 13th. I haven't received a response for either. Not sure if I should withdraw one of them

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I see below points in new portal.
What if I am to show funds from my Indian bank ? Shud I transfer funds to Canada bank and generate the bank statements of my husband ? Or can I show statements in INR?
——-
A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.

The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds. This can be one or more of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
———-

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
What about old applications through GC key... my mum applied for supervisa Feb 2021 with medicals, but completed biometrics Aug 16, 2021 no response since.

Winner Man

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Yaounde, CMR
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
IRCC
NOC Code......
I thought the IRCC Portal was for essential visits only; but one studying it, I saw that Tourist Purpose was also included in its list; meaning every Visitor Visa applicant can use IRCC Portal.

However, I also discovered that, for now (since it's not up to 15-30 days), GCKey "re-applicants" have their files processed faster than IRCC Portal applicants. I say so because, all my colleagues who used IRCC Portal are still in silence; but I used GCKey to re-submit on 20th September, and got ELIGIBILITY & BACKGROUND CHECK reviews the next day. For my former application (March 1st, I had no update, except BACKGROUND CHECK).

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
I thought the IRCC Portal was for essential visits only; but one studying it, I saw that Tourist Purpose was also included in its list; meaning every Visitor Visa applicant can use IRCC Portal.

However, I also discovered that, for now (since it's not up to 15-30 days), GCKey "re-applicants" have their files processed faster than IRCC Portal applicants. I say so because, all my colleagues who used IRCC Portal are still in silence; but I used GCKey to re-submit on 20th September, and got ELIGIBILITY & BACKGROUND CHECK reviews the next day. For my former application (March 1st, I had no update, except BACKGROUND CHECK).
was your former application through GC key? was it visit or supervisa?

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Yes
I am qualified for travel exemption so on the 7th September ircc said that those who were qualified and have applied before September 7 should reapply through ircc portal if they need to travel immediately
We are also qualified as a reason for travel is " Family Visit". Do we still need to reapply through IRCC portal. Why did they complicate it and not make it simple to identify by sending mass emails. for example, if some applications qualify then apply through portal. The communication sounds so dubious as of now.