+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa to canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He is not in possession of any of this since he is just an apprentice
So what are his ties to return to Cameroon. He needs to show his own funds, travel history to the UK, US, NZ or AUS, ties to home country. Going to a conference is not a strong reason to come to Canada if he is not employed. He needs to show job letters with approved leave. Why does he need to attend a conference? Have you attended such conference in Africa. Assume it is an internationally recognized one that is essential to your job.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the rate of asylum claims from Cameroon it may be very difficult to get approved. Is this the first time you attended a conference or a conference outside Cameroon? Is the conference in Canada the only similar conference held? Who is paying for you to attend the conference? You may no hear about theTRV before October since processing can take around 6 months for some African countries. Many think that using the reason of attending a conference will make it easy to get a TRV but that isn’t usually the case.

Reactions: Naturgrl

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
So what are his ties to return to Cameroon. He needs to show his own funds, travel history to the UK, US, NZ or AUS, ties to home country. Going to a conference is not a strong reason to come to Canada if he is not employed. He needs to show job letters with approved leave. Why does he need to attend a conference? Have you attended such conference in Africa. Assume it is an internationally recognized one that is essential to your job.
I don’t know if I can present my
Given the rate of asylum claims from Cameroon it may be very difficult to get approved. Is this the first time you attended a conference or a conference outside Cameroon? Is the conference in Canada the only similar conference held? Who is paying for you to attend the conference? You may no hear about theTRV before October since processing can take around 6 months for some African countries. Many think that using the reason of attending a conference will make it easy to get a TRV but that isn’t usually the case.
about the funding I am the one funding as I have my fund I have a job I am married with a child and I have proof of fund

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

about the funding I am the one funding as I have my fund I have a job I am married with a child and I have proof of fund
So not sure what you are saying but you are saying you have the funds to support your visit, ties, travel history and valid reason to visit. Your brother does not.

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
So not sure what you are saying but you are saying you have the funds to support your visit, ties, travel history and valid reason to visit. Your brother does not.
Yes I have fund, my job here is a contracted job that ends in 2026, I have a wife and a child and I have prove of a leave approval from my employer is that enough ties, I don’t mind about duration I just want to be sure I have enough ties that will guarantee approval

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I have fund, my job here is a contracted job that ends in 2026, I have a wife and a child and I have prove of a leave approval from my employer is that enough ties, I don’t mind about duration I just want to be sure I have enough ties that will guarantee approval
Nothing is guaranteed. Your reason to come to Canada is suspect. Why do you need to attend this conference? Have you attended such conferences before? Is it an international conference? Can you attend something similar in Africa? Those are questions you must answer.

Reactions: canuck78

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
These are the list of documents I have put together
1 invitation letter
2 bank statement
3 payslips from my employer
4 contract agreement that was made showing I have a contract with them
5. Attestation of service
6 child birth certificate
6 married certificate
Are these enough to proof ties or any other things to add

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
Nothing is guaranteed. Your reason to come to Canada is suspect. Why do you need to attend this conference? Have you attended such conferences before? Is it an international conference? Can you attend something similar in Africa? Those are questions you must answer.
Conference is an international conference . Never attended such before

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
These are the list of documents I have put together
1 invitation letter
2 bank statement
3 payslips from my employer
4 contract agreement that was made showing I have a contract with them
5. Attestation of service
6 child birth certificate
6 married certificate
Are these enough to proof ties or any other things to add
Travel history and visas
Job letter with approved leave (contract doesn’t show approve leave)
Property ownership
Assume bank statement is over past 3 months at a minimum and covers cost of coming to Canada as well as supporting family

Given processing is over 200 days chances of approval by October are low but you never know. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

It is fairly unusual for someone to fund their own trip to a conference especially to their first conference somewhere as far as Canada and that is so expensive given the cost of living and salaries in Cameroon. Typically employers, universities, organizations and even the conference pay for people to attend. If you presenting something at the conference then that would be a bit different, We all assume you are likely trying to claim asylum and IRCC will also likely assume the same.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks very much I forgot I got a 5 months approved leave starting from 1st August to 31st December
About properties I don’t have any at the moment
5 months leave for a conference…that makes no sense and shows no ties to your job. Why are you taking such a long leave? Again processing is over 200 days. IRCC doesn’t care that you are attending a conference.

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
5 months leave for a conference…that makes no sense and shows no ties to your job. Why are you taking such a long leave? Again processing is over 200 days. IRCC doesn’t care that you are attending a conference.
Per my contract agreement I am entitled to 5 months leave after every two years which can be done at intervals or all at once

but still at this level what do you suggest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Per my contract agreement I am entitled to 5 months leave after every two years which can be done at intervals or all at once

but still at this level what do you suggest
It is suspect that you want to take a 5 months leave and come to Canada. How long is your visit to Canada? How much in funds have you shown over a 3 month period?