+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa to canada

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
Flight tickets book
When I intend to travel when I intend to return stated what I will do while I am there clearly stated my accommodation booked I am thinking of increasing my funds to about 20 thousand cad dollars
Also I had to reduce my leave period to 3 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also I had to reduce my leave period to 3 months
But how long do you plan to come to Canada with only $20k? That is all your savings and you have a wife and child who need living expenses too. Are you leaving your family for 3 months? What is your itinerary?

Last edited:

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
But how long do you plan to come to Canada with only $20k? That is all your savings and you have a wife and child who need living expenses too. Are you leaving your family for 3 months? What is your itinerary?
No I won’t be there for three months I plan to stay there three weeks only

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
My plan is to stay there for three weeks at most with that I think everything good

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is it that people from my country don’t come for conferences over there
It is strange to come all the way to Canada for a conference if you have never attended any such conference on your continent. Most times when you come to an international conference you are supported by your employer as it benefits your career. You are taking a 6 month leave, which is unheard of. You are coming from a country with a high rate of claiming asylum. You also say it is your dream to come to Canada, so why do you need to attend a conference. Your story makes no sense. Are you coming to visit, attend a conference or possibly claim asylum.

What job gives you such a leave? Are you a professor with a PhD that gets a sabbatical?

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Flight tickets book
When I intend to travel when I intend to return stated what I will do while I am there clearly stated my accommodation booked I am thinking of increasing my funds to about 20 thousand cad dollars
Do not book or pay for flights or hotels. The Canadian government specifies not to book flights and accommodations because a TRV is not guaranteed. How can you suddenly find another 20k unless you borrow it? A sudden increase in funds like this that has not been in your bank account for over 6 months will raise concerns that they are not actually your funds. You should be able to prove where such a significant amount of funds have come from. For example proof of an inheritance (will, death certificate and transfer from the estate account would be proof) or if you sold a property there should be documents that confirm the sale and transfer of ownership to the new owner. Does that amount of savings make sense based on your salary? You are apparently about to go on leave how would it be possible to suddenly gain 20k? What is your education and work history? Your best chances of being approved to attend a conference would be to have attended other conferences before and to have travelled to other countries (especially places like the US, UK, Australia, etc) and to have returned home. To be a presenter at the conference not just attend a conference would also be helpful when trying to seek approval. To have your employer or the conference cover all your expenses to attend the conference would also help and is fairly typical especially to attend a conference so far away. Are you in academia? Being able to take a leave of 6 months is very uncommon in most professions but especially if your work contract expires in the 2026 as you mentioned previously.

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
Do not book or pay for flights or hotels. The Canadian government specifies not to book flights and accommodations because a TRV is not guaranteed. How can you suddenly find another 20k unless you borrow it? A sudden increase in funds like this that has not been in your bank account for over 6 months will raise concerns that they are not actually your funds. You should be able to prove where such a significant amount of funds have come from. For example proof of an inheritance (will, death certificate and transfer from the estate account would be proof) or if you sold a property there should be documents that confirm the sale and transfer of ownership to the new owner. Does that amount of savings make sense based on your salary? You are apparently about to go on leave how would it be possible to suddenly gain 20k? What is your education and work history? Your best chances of being approved to attend a conference would be to have attended other conferences before and to have travelled to other countries (especially places like the US, UK, Australia, etc) and to have returned home. To be a presenter at the conference not just attend a conference would also be helpful when trying to seek approval. To have your employer or the conference cover all your expenses to attend the conference would also help and is fairly typical especially to attend a conference so far away. Are you in academia? Being able to take a leave of 6 months is very uncommon in most professions but especially if your work contract expires in the 2026 as you mentioned previously.
Thanks very much as I mentioned earlier I am a dean of studies and vice principal in my institution and I am entitled to a five months leave after every two years which can be taken consecutively or at separate hours while discussing with you, I had to reduce the leave to three months. And I plan to travel there for the conference and will be making just 3weeks not six months. More so, I have landed properties transferred to me by my grandfather but was wondering if that was necessary

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks very much as I mentioned earlier I am a dean of studies and vice principal in my institution and I am entitled to a five months leave after every two years which can be taken consecutively or at separate hours while discussing with you, I had to reduce the leave to three months. And I plan to travel there for the conference and will be making just 3weeks not six months. More so, I have landed properties transferred to me by my grandfather but was wondering if that was necessary
You never mentioned your job title only that you had 6 month leave. Again apply with the documents you have. Processing is 200+ days so if you get a response sooner rather than later then you are fortunate. Properties are ties if it produces income.

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
You never mentioned your job title only that you had 6 month leave. Again apply with the documents you have. Processing is 200+ days so if you get a response sooner rather than later then you are fortunate. Properties are ties if it produces income.
Thanks very much sir. I will apply but at the moment still waiting for an invitation letter from the conference. But other documents already prepared. I don’t know if you can assess them to check if anything to be added

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is this at university? This is extremely generous sabbatical system. Most post secondary institution only allow this after 5-10 years. Why is your institution not paying for your travel if this conference is related to your work which I assume it must be?

dohwinston

Jul 24, 2023
Is this at university? This is extremely generous sabbatical system. Most post secondary institution only allow this after 5-10 years. Why is your institution not paying for your travel if this conference is related to your work which I assume it must be?
Well in my country here the highest a private institution can do is give you a paid leave as most will even give you leave without pay. And secondly I want to attend this to meet and interact and learn too

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well in my country here the highest a private institution can do is give you a paid leave as most will even give you leave without pay. And secondly I want to attend this to meet and interact and learn too
All the best. As I have said processing is 200+ days so don’t expect a response in time for the conference.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What may be standard in your home country raises red flags in Canada. It is possible to learn and meet new people without going all the way to Canada especially if you have limited travel history and are expected to pay a significant part of your family savings for your own travel to attend a conference. We are just warning you that your application comes with huge red flags and that you will try to remain in Canada. The likelihood of approval is low. Nothing is stopping you from applying.