waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kittyandpipit said:
I've been reading that non us citizen applications often get sent to LA....is there a trend for marriages under two years going there as well?
no, we haven't even been married a year yet. i don't think it matters when the marriage happened or when the sponsorship was applied for, assuming there is adequate proof the relationship is ongoing.

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
Is ecas only updated in the mornings or could your status change anytime during the day?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
missmatalini said:
Is ecas only updated in the mornings or could your status change anytime during the day?
i think it's anytime. i'm not sure if it updates on the weekend, but i noticed my status change over the weekend.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
SA: 25-02-2015 / AOR 2: April 10th 2015
File Transfer...
Feb 25 2015 ---- FILE IN PROCESS APRIL 7TH 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
I received our gsmc notes today and only thing I can see is that they required more proof of our relationship because we havent been married long. In the notes it does say that more proof requested in ottawa then transferred to LA and eventually got call for interview

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
adirai said:
I received our gsmc notes today and only thing I can see is that they required more proof of our relationship because we havent been married long. In the notes it does say that more proof requested in ottawa then transferred to LA and eventually got call for interview
what did you send as proof of relationship, and was more proof part of your additional request?

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
rhcohen2014 said:
what did you send as proof of relationship, and was more proof part of your additional request?
I had sent in all my boarding passes along with a full timeline of our gathering and reciepts and pictures we had. I also sent in more of our long distance call logs. Along with that they requested the sponsor's (mine) proof of residency again in canada even though i have already done that. I had given them all my letter of employments and tax reviews, etc. There are absolutely no other notes in our file other than this.

It said "pls request furthur proof of relationship ie; joint bank accounts, FBI clearance, sponsors proof of residency." This seemed just like a general request to me and then once recived it was acknowledged and transferred to LA. Once the officer in LA recieved it, about a month and a half later they probabbly saw all these notes and just asked for interview. The only notations were regarding the proof of relationship, therefore the VO in LA probabbly decided to pursue with interview.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
adirai said:
I had sent in all my boarding passes along with a full timeline of our gathering and reciepts and pictures we had. I also sent in more of our long distance call logs. Along with that they requested the sponsor's (mine) proof of residency again in canada even though i have already done that. I had given them all my letter of employments and tax reviews, etc. There are absolutely no other notes in our file other than this.

It said "pls request furthur proof of relationship ie; joint bank accounts, FBI clearance, sponsors proof of residency." This seemed just like a general request to me and then once recived it was acknowledged and transferred to LA. Once the officer in LA recieved it, about a month and a half later they probabbly saw all these notes and just asked for interview. The only notations were regarding the proof of relationship, therefore the VO in LA probabbly decided to pursue with interview.
Hi!! Can you tell me how you found out that your file is transferred to LA? It has been a year since I have applied. CIC has requested for more documents three times since last March.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
kitty410 said:
Hi!! Can you tell me how you found out that your file is transferred to LA? It has been a year since I have applied. CIC has requested for more documents three times since last March.
Hi, I had e-mailed CIC to get an update indirectly and they usually respond within 2 weeks or sometimes even in a day and they told me that its transferred to LA for more in depth review

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Abrassain said:
Isn't Dr. Sherman the only panel doctor in MI? He charged $200. The lab tests were extra and came up to around $200. Went to the ones in the name building.
Yeah..He makes bank there, that's for sure. I didn't include his fee as it was a must pay cash anyways... But when I went to the hospital to get the tests done I opted for no insurance. I was rounding up a bit when it came to the 170 because I don't remember the exact amount. However, she originally was going to charge me $300+ if it was insurance....

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
Quick question. I thought I was okay, but now I'm worried.

My boyfriend / common-law partner is sponsoring me via outland. I have been living in Canada as a student 3 years ( started at age 18) and then 2 more years as a temporary worker. For the police background check it says for countries you have been living in for 6 months or more since the age of 18. And I have only been living in Canada since 18 on different permits. So I only got a Canadian police background check, but now I'm worried that it is going to look weird. I did explain in relationship outline that I have been here for the last 5 years, but I have just been reading about everyones FBI checks on this thread!!

Should I wait to submit and get a US police check too??

Thanks,
Sarah

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ascouple said:

My boyfriend / common-law partner is sponsoring me via outland. I have been living in Canada as a student 3 years ( started at age 18) and then 2 more years as a temporary worker. For the police background check it says for countries you have been living in for 6 months or more since the age of 18. And I have only been living in Canada since 18 on different permits. So I only got a Canadian police background check, but now I'm worried that it is going to look weird. I did explain in relationship outline that I have been here for the last 5 years, but I have just been reading about everyones FBI checks on this thread!!

Thanks,
Sarah
i think it's best to wait until it's requested, if it even is. did you already send in the application? if not, then write an explanation as to why it's not submitted. "I haven't lived in the US for more than 6 mo since turning 18, there for i am exempt." There is another member here who is nearing the end of the process and has the same issue. If you are truly exempt, they won't need it. If they want it, they will ask for it. it's not going to look suspcious, your application will show proof you haven't lived in the us in your activities and addresses lists. it may just delay the process a bit if they don't understand at first you are exmpt from submitting it.

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
ascouple said:

Thanks,
Sarah
I left the United States a month and a half after I turned 18, when further documents were requested I just explained that I left the U.S right after I turned 18, but I did include a small county police background check for my stay in Canada.
I'm not finished with my application though. I'm still waiting on a decision made.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
adirai said:
Hi, I had e-mailed CIC to get an update indirectly and they usually respond within 2 weeks or sometimes even in a day and they told me that its transferred to LA for more in depth review
Thank you! I will try to contact CIC this week if I don't hear back from them.

Mythikah

Aug 17, 2014
Hello, I have a few questions about outland immigration, I'm sorry if they've already been answered before but this board is so huge and I find it a bit confusing to navigate.

I recently married my American husband (I'm Canadian) and I'm sponsoring him to immigrate here while he's currently living in the States. How exactly do I sponsor "outland"? Do I put "Case Processing Centre: Ottawa" for the "Immigration Office requested for the processing of this application" space on the Generic App for Canada? Also, is that where I mail everything to?

And for the medical and police checks, can I send the other forms before I send those? Apparently it's going to be a while before we can get those documents.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Mythikah said:
Hello, I have a few questions about outland immigration, I'm sorry if they've already been answered before but this board is so huge and I find it a bit confusing to navigate.

I recently married my American husband (I'm Canadian) and I'm sponsoring him to immigrate here while he's currently living in the States. How exactly do I sponsor "outland"? Do I put "Case Processing Centre: Ottawa" for the "Immigration Office requested for the processing of this application" space on the Generic App for Canada? Also, is that where I mail everything to?

And for the medical and police checks, can I send the other forms before I send those? Apparently it's going to be a while before we can get those documents.

Everything is in the CIC website.

All documents need to be sent in together.

FBI check takes about 6 weeks

Medical takes at max 2 weeks

There is a guide specifically made for USA citizens.