Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Good Day Everyone -

I wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I will be submitting our application this month (August 2014). He is sponsoring me as his wife.

I am a US citizen living in NYC. I visit very often and so does he. We are just hoping that this process goes quickly. We have been together for 5 years long distance and we want to finally start our lives and family.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Mariac819 said:
Good Day Everyone -

I wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I will be submitting our application this month (August 2014). He is sponsoring me as his wife.

I am a US citizen living in NYC. I visit very often and so does he. We are just hoping that this process goes quickly. We have been together for 5 years old distance and we want to finally start our lives and family.
Welcome and good luck! I also sponsored my US citizen wife from NYC. Took about 7 months but timelines have really picked up since then. Recent applicants have seen timelines of 4 months or less!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
keesio said:
Welcome and good luck! I also sponsored my US citizen wife from NYC. Took about 7 months but timelines have really picked up since then. Recent applicants have seen timelines of 4 months or less!
Oh this is wonderful to hear! Thank you so much for the encouragement! :)

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Mythikah said:
Hello, I have a few questions about outland immigration, I'm sorry if they've already been answered before but this board is so huge and I find it a bit confusing to navigate.

I recently married my American husband (I'm Canadian) and I'm sponsoring him to immigrate here while he's currently living in the States. How exactly do I sponsor "outland"? Do I put "Case Processing Centre: Ottawa" for the "Immigration Office requested for the processing of this application" space on the Generic App for Canada? Also, is that where I mail everything to?

And for the medical and police checks, can I send the other forms before I send those? Apparently it's going to be a while before we can get those documents.
Lots of people send FBI or Medical Checks after SA approval, and it doesn't usually add any additional time. Up to you:) Yes I would write Ottawa on the forms, but you mail it to Missassuaga as explained in the last step of the walk-thru guide. They will even walk you through each question of your application! Pretty handy:)

Best of luck to you, welcome!

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
So...CIC requested one more document in order to go ahead with the processing of our application. We sent it in via e-mail as per request but never received the automatic acknowledgement.

Has this happened to anyone? Just wondering if we should send the info from my husband's e-mail.

beebrown

May 24, 2012
Foster said:
So...CIC requested one more document in order to go ahead with the processing of our application. We sent it in via e-mail as per request but never received the automatic acknowledgement.

Has this happened to anyone? Just wondering if we should send the info from my husband's e-mail.
It seems they don't sent the automatic auto-answer to confirm they have received your e-mail. Same thing happened to me when I mailed my documents on July 24th and I never got an answer from them. I also sent them an e-mail last week asking them what was my decision. They only answered your documents were returned on August 18th??? I don't even know what that means... Sometimes I don't understand what they are writing on their answers! So don't worry!

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Foster said:

What did they need from you? Your application wasn't transferred to LA?

beebrown

May 24, 2012
I asked them (CPC-CTD Ottawa) what is the statut of my application as my online status now says Complete. I send them an e-mail cause hubby lives in CT and didn't received anything..... This is the answer I got

Dear Applicant, Your application has been finalized and your documents were returned to you on August 18. Our records indicate that your documents were returned to you by regular mail. We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails. Sincerely,

Unité de service au client | Client Service Unit – SL20198Centre de Traitement - Ottawa | Case Processing - Ottawa
Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada | Citizenship and Immigration CanadaSite : www.cic.gc.ca

What do they mean by my documents were "returned"? Did I do something wrong?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
beebrown said:
I asked them (CPC-CTD Ottawa) what is the statut of my application as my online status now says Complete. I send them an e-mail cause hubby lives in CT and didn't received anything..... This is the answer I got

Dear Applicant, Your application has been finalized and your documents were returned to you on August 18. Our records indicate that your documents were returned to you by regular mail. We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails. Sincerely,

Unité de service au client | Client Service Unit – SL20198Centre de Traitement - Ottawa | Case Processing - Ottawa
Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada | Citizenship and Immigration CanadaSite : www.cic.gc.ca

What do they mean by my documents were "returned"? Did I do something wrong?
Hi. Ok this seems really odd to me that ecas says complete and not decision made. A few questions:
When did you submit the application?
You mention sending them additional documents. What was requested and what was the due date for them?
Did your husband get a passport request?

I'm in ct too and my copr took 5 days to get to me. I wouldn't be totally worried about them sending documents back. I believe they send original documents and pictures back to some applicants. My copr came in a regular sizes envelope so if they sent some papers back it could be in a larger envelope and take longer. Btw, where in ct is your husband?

My one concern is that they didn't get the requested documents and closed out the application without an approval. Please don't let this freak you out. First we need to determine if this could have happened and see what your husband gets in the mail. We will work to figure this out so let us know a few more specifics so we can do our best to help you.

beebrown

May 24, 2012
It did say decision made I'm sorry I'm at work and on our files it says complete!!! And I work for the Federal Gov. Go figure lol

beebrown

May 24, 2012
rhcohen2014 said:
When did you submit the application? Initial request Jan 17th, approved March 2014
You mention sending them additional documents. What was requested and what was the due date for them? The Quebec Selection Certificate and the copy of my receipt for the PR and another documents that we had to resent (background on his parents and all)
Did your husband get a passport request? No not yet. He was born in the US and has a valid passport.

I'm in ct too and my copr took 5 days to get to me. I wouldn't be totally worried about them sending documents back. I believe they send original documents and pictures back to some applicants. (maybe that's what it is, it's the only orginal we sent) My copr came in a regular sizes envelope so if they sent some papers back it could be in a larger envelope and take longer. Btw, where in ct is your husband? You meant where in MD? He's in Westminster.

My one concern is that they didn't get the requested documents and closed out the application without an approval. ( The did get the documents, we sent them by e-mail cause on on ecas, they said they processed it on August 13th, and we had until August 18 to sent our documents back)Please don't let this freak you out. First we need to determine if this could have happened and see what your husband gets in the mail. We will work to figure this out so let us know a few more specifics so we can do our best to help you.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
beebrown said:
It did say decision made I'm sorry I'm at work and on our files it says complete!!! And I work for the Federal Gov. Go figure lol
Oh! You scared me that it said complete. If it said decision made then yeah you can probably expect your husband to receive his copr! Also your other post said ct so that's why I assumed he was in ct. Most likely it's just taking time to get to him. Have him look for a brown envelope from CIC. Good luck!

ICLDRIR

Aug 26, 2014
Hello...I am a newbie, so please forgive me if these questions have already been answered on previous pages (though, truth be told, I haven't scoured all 214+ pages of this thread to see if answers to my exact scenario are present, just the first few and last several).

Situation: I am American citizen. Wife is Canadian citizen with US green card. Currently living together (happily) in the States. She is a medical resident here and is due to graduate summer 2016. She wishes to return to Canada to pursue additional medical training (subspecialty training that isn't available in the US). I'd like to get Canadian PR through spousal sponsorship. Currently wait times for outland sponsorship approval and application via CPC-O are listed as about 17 months (total), and our expected move date is somewhere between 22-26 months away (depending on much times she decides to take off her residency for maternity leave :D)

Questions:

#1: How long after approval of Canadian PR before I must move to Canada? I mean, let's say we apply now and are (hopefully) approved in 17 months, but she doesn't finish her training for another 26. Is that a problem? Is there a deadline or expiry date on the time to enter Canada? I read elsewhere that the expiry date for entry is 1 year from the medical exam, but this doesn't make a ton of sense to me since the waiting time for CPC-O is 15 months).

#2: Sponsorship application for Canadian citizen residing in US: obviously it can be done, but I've read that she needs to prove her intent to move into Canada with me at the same time. This is a no brainer for us since we're married and having a kid, but how do I prove this on the application? She will not as of yet have any job offers in Canada at the time of application (the process by match into subspecialty medical training occurs about 6 months before her training ends), she has no property in Canada, etc. Can we just explain the situation...that we're planning to move to Canada together for her medical training, but we don't know exactly where (or even precisely when)?

Much thank to you all!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ICLDRIR said:
#1: How long after approval of Canadian PR before I must move to Canada? I mean, let's say we apply now and are (hopefully) approved in 17 months, but she doesn't finish her training for another 26. Is that a problem? Is there a deadline or expiry date on the time to enter Canada? I read elsewhere that the expiry date for entry is 1 year from the medical exam, but this doesn't make a ton of sense to me since the waiting time for CPC-O is 15 months).
yes, the approval paper, known as COPR (confirmation of permanent residency) does have an expiration date. No one can really tell you how long the COPR will be good for in your case because there are many factors it depends on, and the expiration date is set by CIC. Yes, it is generally on or a few weeks after the anniversary date of the medical exam. CIC has the ability to extend the medical exam if necessary. Currently, US applications that are straightforward and not complicated are being processed in 3 months. First rule of this forum - do NOT go by the posting processing time online for visa offices. They are not updated, and do NOT reflect TODAY'S processing time. Of course there is no knowing how long this "trend" will last.

Technically, since you have been married over 2 years and have a child, you won't have the "condition 51", which means you must cohabitate with your wife for 2 years after approval. So this means, you can technically "land" as a pr, and she can stay in the the US to finish her studies. Note that any time you spend living apart from her will not be counted toward your permanent residency requirements. To avoid this, you can "land" as a pr in canada, then you guys can go back to the us together until you are ready to settle in canada. As long as you are living together, it counts toward PR, no matter where in the world you are. The only hiccup here is that in order to be approved, you must prove your intentions to move back to canada upon approval, so if you suggest staying in the US after approval, it may not result in a positive determination of the application. If you guys are not ready to move back yet, then it may be best to wait until it gets closer to when you plan to acutally move to canada.

ICLDRIR said:
#2: Sponsorship application for Canadian citizen residing in US: obviously it can be done, but I've read that she needs to prove her intent to move into Canada with me at the same time. This is a no brainer for us since we're married and having a kid, but how do I prove this on the application? She will not as of yet have any job offers in Canada at the time of application (the process by match into subspecialty medical training occurs about 6 months before her training ends), she has no property in Canada, etc. Can we just explain the situation...that we're planning to move to Canada together for her medical training, but we don't know exactly where (or even precisely when)?

Much thank to you all!
Yes, you will need to prove to CIC that you intend to move back to Canada upon approval. this is a very standard piece for those living outside of canada at the time of the application. What people do is write letters and show a plan of where they intend to go, research done on areas, real estate, communities, job search possibilities, etc. Also, if your wife has family in canada, it's usually recommended to have family write letters showing their support and agreeing to help you get settled, by offering a place to stay, etc. Basically CIC wants to know you will not apply for welfare the minute you get there. The plan doesn't need to be concrete, it just needs to make sense.

Again, if you don't think you'll be going to canada anytime soon, it may be best to hold off on the application until it gets closer to when you will actually move to canada. Before OTtawa started fast tracking applications, the average seen on this forum was 8-10 months for processing, so it's a good idea to start with that time frame and go from there. Again, don't go by the 15 month processing time. it isn't a "true" average, and i believe it is reflective of agency wide strikes and office closures. of course, the approval time may change again, it's just impossible to predict.

Good luck!