File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
24/05/2017
Med's Done....
25/05/2017
Interview........
none
Thanks very much and congratulations on your DM!
Seems like you are a bit over 6 months which is pretty good considering current timelines!

Did he apply for the NAFTA visa in advance, or just brought his paperwork to the border, and got a work permit from a border officer?
NAFTA paperwork took 1-2 days by the lawyer and when we went to the border, they issued it same day and we drove into Canada. When you pull up to the agent, all we said is we're applying for NAFTA and he told us to go inside. Once inside, we waited to be called and this took about 1 hour. He was issued NAFTA work visa and that was it. It was very straightforward.

Reactions: elenama

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
So round two of mailing my application after having to correct one document and after 6 weeks to the day received my Email notification to link my account.
I have tried everything and it keeps saying not found and I have maxed out my 5 attempts for the day. Kind of annoying after waiting this long. I have double checked my info submitted and the only place I see where I could potentially have messed up is in the last section asking number of applicants on this application.
I have a daughter who lives with her mother in the USA and am not applying for her, though I did include on the application for the parts which require it. Additionally, I am applying for Common Law, though I am currently Legally Separated in the USA and included the paperwork since its my divorce has been several years ongoing.
How many do I include on the number of person on this application? Just me and the sponsor? Just me? Do I include my daughter? Confused.
Also, do I select Legally separated or Common law for status? I tried both, but didn't seem to work. Any tips? I submitted an email query, but don't think I will hear back anytime soon.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
So round two of mailing my application after having to correct one document and after 6 weeks to the day received my Email notification to link my account.
I have tried everything and it keeps saying not found and I have maxed out my 5 attempts for the day. Kind of annoying after waiting this long. I have double checked my info submitted and the only place I see where I could potentially have messed up is in the last section asking number of applicants on this application.
I have a daughter who lives with her mother in the USA and am not applying for her, though I did include on the application for the parts which require it. Additionally, I am applying for Common Law, though I am currently Legally Separated in the USA and included the paperwork since its my divorce has been several years ongoing.
How many do I include on the number of person on this application? Just me and the sponsor? Just me? Do I include my daughter? Confused.
Also, do I select Legally separated or Common law for status? I tried both, but didn't seem to work. Any tips? I submitted an email query, but don't think I will hear back anytime soon.
Try not filling out City of Birth and Passport Info - just hit spacebar once instead.
For the application number and Family name put your app number including F and PA's last name
Country of Birth - PA's country of birth
and for the number of applicants - 2 since you're not applying for your daughter

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Try not filling out City of Birth and Passport Info - just hit spacebar once instead.
For the application number and Family name put your app number including F and PA's last name
Country of Birth - PA's country of birth
and for the number of applicants - 2 since you're not applying for your daughter
Interesting, thanks. Will give it a try tomorrow once I can attempt again

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Interesting, thanks. Will give it a try tomorrow once I can attempt again
If account froze, You can create a new account with different user name and try the same day. I had to create a couple before I was finally able to link using the above permutations.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Really wish my bgc would start! Been waiting since may 24 for something to happen. No news is good news I guess

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Really wish my bgc would start! Been waiting since may 24 for something to happen. No news is good news I guess
Jeff wish you Godspeed. We all, who got DM from Ottawa have been waiting for PPR ever since. Seems like Ottawa is slammed and my god its a real test of patience.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Jeff wish you Godspeed. We all, who got DM from Ottawa have been waiting for PPR ever since. Seems like Ottawa is slammed and my god its a real test of patience.
Sure is! But each day is one day closer!

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
How long should I be waiting for bgc to start? Aor2 mid may from cpc Ottawa. App sent back to cpc-m on July 17. Should I be concerned that bgc has not started?

I have a dismissed dui in Delaware but supplied all documents showing a favorable outcome, including a legal opinion piece from a Canadian lawyer.

Could this be holding up my background check from starting?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
How long should I be waiting for bgc to start? Aor2 mid may from cpc Ottawa. App sent back to cpc-m on July 17. Should I be concerned that bgc has not started?

I have a dismissed dui in Delaware but supplied all documents showing a favorable outcome, including a legal opinion piece from a Canadian lawyer.

Could this be holding up my background check from starting?
There seems to be a huge backlog right now everywhere. Some of us haven't even gotten AOR2 and have been stuck in Mississauga since the beginning. It might come soon. You can always call the call center, send an inquiry, or contact your MP.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Our immigration experience so far:

*us at the beginning after submitting our application*:
“Hope we get processed in at least four months like other US applicants did”

Everyone:”you won’t be processed in four months. Be realistic. The application can’t be processed in that short a time.”

*us now*: “there’s only four months left and they haven’t touched our application.”

Everyone:”you’re still within the time frame. Four months is still realistic.”

Reactions: miss_tizzle

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017

Everyone:”you won’t be processed in four months. Be realistic. The application can’t be processed in that short a time.”

*us now*: “there’s only four months left and they haven’t touched our application.”

I have applications going 0-100 in less than a month so don't lose hope!

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017

Hang in there boss. I know how you feel.

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hopefully providing some glimmer of hope for those out there waiting patiently.

Our timeline is as follows:

Received: March 23rd, 2017
AOR1: April 26th
SA: May 2nd
AOR2: June 1st (letter stating our application will be processed in Ottawa)
AOR3: September 12th (letter stating our application will be processed in Mississauga)
DM: September 26th

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
Can anyone say whether we should expect COPR by email attachment, or regular mail to our home address?

I'm worried we may have missed it and I just can't find info anywhere that says exactly what you should be looking for.

We made application August 2016, sponsorship by Canadian spouse approved, U.S. applicant's medical results successful, no interview required, no additional fingerprints required, fees paid, it just seems we are waiting on final background checks (I only found all this out because I visited Canada and was able to call the automated number from within the country).

Thanks for your help!