+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

FP11

Jun 7, 2017
Hello.. to apply for the gcms notes they ask for file number.. anybody know where I can find my file number?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Hi... I checked with thoroughly ...I didn't see anything like that.. Only security has mentioned and it has written as not started ... No where it is written as security screening
May be Security check has not started yet. Order for fresh GCMS notes. If there is no difference, then send a CSE to wake them up.

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
May be Security check has not started yet. Order for fresh GCMS notes. If there is no difference, then send a CSE to wake them up.
Hi..
I received GCMS note's days back..on 12th August..I will write them once I complete 6th month mark..on 17th August.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I don't understand my GCMS notes.

There's nothing about eligibility. Not sure what's going on

I wanted to know from GCMS what the hold up was.

But there's nothing I can point to in my notes that tells me.

Since my eligibility hasn't passed I thought there was a review required but that is not mentioned in the notes either like other applicants have mentioned.

I am surprised that I can't tell anything from my notes.

Am I not reading them right

Last edited:

sangam44

May 24, 2017
Hi guys,

what should i select for the following question? I want to get notes for family class sponsorship.
*Which type of records do you wish to request?*
options are:
  • Case files
  • corporate records
  • passport

Reactions: aha_1988

jaydee_de_laza

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
|victoria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, what does it mean when GCMS says "review required"?
any chance of rejection at this stage?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
I don't understand my GCMS notes.

There's nothing about eligibility. Not sure what's going on

I wanted to know from GCMS what the hold up was.

But there's nothing I can point to in my notes that tells me.

Since my eligibility hasn't passed I thought there was a review required but that is not mentioned in the notes either like other applicants have mentioned.

I am surprised that I can't tell anything from my notes.

Am I not reading them right
Look for activities list and notes list which you can see right at the end from 100+ pages. That gives clear cut idea whats happening with your profile.

Mauritius2017

May 17, 2017
hello. am AOR 26 May 2017 but till date I have not received any update from CIC regarding my application. not even medical. I have today ordered GCMS. i have been nominated by Ontario. can some please guide me what to do.

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
can someone tell me the meaning of CSE
CSE stands for Case specific inquiry. It can be used for below things.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

You may use this form if:
  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
  • You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. If you are reporting a change in contact information, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your old contact information.
  • You wish to add, change or cancel a representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) or you authorize IRCC to release information from your case file and you are ready to upload your Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475).
  • You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card. To be eligible for urgent processing, you must provide:
    • proof of travel (itinerary or ticket) that shows your full name, destination and travel dates;
    • proof of payment for the travel that shows the date you paid, the full amount you paid, and how you paid;
    • a letter explaining the reason for the urgency; and
    • proof of the urgency (e.g. a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer).
  • You wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services. Please select 'Technical Difficulty' as your application/enquiry type and ensure you provide:
    • type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record, etc) in the 'Your enquiry' field;
    • approximate date that the application was submitted, if applicable, in the 'Your enquiry' field.
    • complete address (including the postal code) in the 'Your enquiry' field. If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
    • Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number, if you have one;
    • online application reference number, if you have one;
    • telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
    • screenshot(s), if possible.

Reactions: TyrionStark

neethulondon

Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-15
Doc's Request.
2-08-16
Nomination.....
2-12-16
AOR Received.
26-07-16
IELTS Request
18-11-16
Hello all,

I have submitted my application on 14th Feb 2017. The application processing time has exceeded 6 months.
Status of the application - Review of additional documents - Need more documents to process the application ...

I understand from GCMS notes that my file has been sent to NDVO from case analyst to review and finalize. I also found that the case analyst has mentioned that my NOC code does not match with my profession. The reason which i think is keywords in the NOC occupation did not match with my experience letter( reason -as it was technically made ) . I would like get clarified on few questions.

1. Does all the application go to NDVO ? If so, during which stage of processing ? As my application has not cleared eligibility check.

2. Would NOC code mismatch lead to rejection ? I can get a experience letter matching the NOC code to prove it. But will someone ask for clarification before rejecting ?

3. Usual processing time at NDVO office ? as my application has gone on 21st June 2017 and no response till now.

Regards,
Neethu