+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hello friends..

I got 2 sets of GCMS (Mid May & Mid July)

This is as per the notes

Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality & Medical: Passed

Its been over 9 months since AOR and BG is still NA. Dont know what is going on. I emailed them, raised CSE and got a generic reply.

My question is about the Application Assignment

Assigned to: ABC1 (example)
Assigned by: ABC1 (example)
Due date: so and so

What does this mean?
Why is assigned to and assigned by the same person?
What is Due date?

The only thing that changed in both the GCMS is the Due date, rest everything is same, no change at all.

Could someone clarify me on this please?

Thanks.

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront L R W S - 9,9,8.5,8
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
Hello friends..

I got 2 sets of GCMS (Mid May & Mid July)

This is as per the notes

Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality & Medical: Passed

Its been over 9 months since AOR and BG is still NA. Dont know what is going on. I emailed them, raised CSE and got a generic reply.

My question is about the Application Assignment

Assigned to: ABC1 (example)
Assigned by: ABC1 (example)
Due date: so and so

What does this mean?
Why is assigned to and assigned by the same person?
What is Due date?

The only thing that changed in both the GCMS is the Due date, rest everything is same, no change at all.

Could someone clarify me on this please?

Thanks.
Due date is the date when your file crosses 6 months time...

I was told on call that my application result due date is on November 10, 2017.

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
Hello all,

I have submitted my application on 14th Feb 2017. The application processing time has exceeded 6 months.
Status of the application - Review of additional documents - Need more documents to process the application ...

I understand from GCMS notes that my file has been sent to NDVO from case analyst to review and finalize. I also found that the case analyst has mentioned that my NOC code does not match with my profession. The reason which i think is keywords in the NOC occupation did not match with my experience letter( reason -as it was technically made ) . I would like get clarified on few questions.

1. Does all the application go to NDVO ? If so, during which stage of processing ? As my application has not cleared eligibility check.

2. Would NOC code mismatch lead to rejection ? I can get a experience letter matching the NOC code to prove it. But will someone ask for clarification before rejecting ?

3. Usual processing time at NDVO office ? as my application has gone on 21st June 2017 and no response till now.

Regards,
Neethu
NDVO is the slowest visa office, it is taking longer to process files before June, due to software issue.

All applicants from India, have either Bangalore or Delhi as visa office

File is transferred after initial okay from canada office R.10 check in laymen's words - As soon as the BGC status changes to NA you can assume that the file has been sent to local visa office.

About NOC, you can either email them the letter or explanation or amended experience letter through CSE.

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Dear friends,
Does anybody know about howmany days it will take to clear the eligibility stage ?? In gcms notes my eligibility is recommend pass by case analyst.... yesterday i called cic and they said my eligibility is under case officer's review.... It's been 7 months today...if anybody have an answer for this then please post here... that will be really helpful to me !!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear friends,
Does anybody know about howmany days it will take to clear the eligibility stage ?? In gcms notes my eligibility is recommend pass by case analyst.... yesterday i called cic and they said my eligibility is under case officer's review.... It's been 7 months today...if anybody have an answer for this then please post here... that will be really helpful to me !!
No one can provide you with a specific answer, however, if your eligibility is recommended passed, then the officer will change it to passed soon. After the eligibility is recommended passed, it takes a few weeks change it to passed after the review, however, it will depend on the Vo your file is it and when you was eligibility recommended passed. The average times is 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: TyrionStark

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
No one can provide you with a specific answer, however, if your eligibility is recommended passed, then the officer will change it to passed soon. After the eligibility is recommended passed, it takes a few weeks change it to passed after the review, however, it will depend on the Vo your file is it and when you was eligibility recommended passed. The average times is 2-4 weeks.
I just received my GCMS ordered on 2nd of August

It says file was transferred to NDVO on 18/8/2017 and the file was created on 23/08/2017

Medical passed
Criminality passed
Security not started yet
Eligibility not started yet

Application assignment
Assigned to : RC-6029
ASSIGNED BY: LJ9131
Due date : 17/09/2017

Review type : AGENT REVIEW- R.10 OK -- APPLICATION PROMOTED
AGENT REVIEW - R11.2 Decision: Review required - REVIEW OF EMPLOYMENT RECORDS REQUIRED. - INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF LEAD STATEMENT AND MAIN DUTIES PROVIDED FOR PRIMARY OCCUPATION NOC CODE 1221 with "*company name* 1 and company name* 2"

What does this mean?

My CRS is 454 and ITA was issued to those with 415 or above score, even if they downgrade my experience to 1 year, I will still have a score of 431. The company had refused to provide letters as required by the CIC, they provided a general experience letter stating my designation and role.... did not give me a detailed point based letter in that regards.

I have raised a CSE immediately and explained my dilemma in that. Should I email them a LOE OR SOMETHING?

Anyone with similar experience please help?

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
I just received my GCMS ordered on 2nd of August

It says file was transferred to NDVO on 18/8/2017 and the file was created on 23/08/2017

Medical passed
Criminality passed
Security not started yet
Eligibility not started yet

Application assignment
Assigned to : RC-6029
ASSIGNED BY: LJ9131
Due date : 17/09/2017

Review type : AGENT REVIEW- R.10 OK -- APPLICATION PROMOTED
AGENT REVIEW - R11.2 Decision: Review required - REVIEW OF EMPLOYMENT RECORDS REQUIRED. - INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF LEAD STATEMENT AND MAIN DUTIES PROVIDED FOR PRIMARY OCCUPATION NOC CODE 1221 with "*company name* 1 and company name* 2"

What does this mean?

My CRS is 454 and ITA was issued to those with 415 or above score, even if they downgrade my experience to 1 year, I will still have a score of 431. The company had refused to provide letters as required by the CIC, they provided a general experience letter stating my designation and role.... did not give me a detailed point based letter in that regards.

I have raised a CSE immediately and explained my dilemma in that. Should I email them a LOE OR SOMETHING?

Anyone with similar experience please help?
Anyone please reply.... I am losing a lot of sleep over it? Please

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Anyone please reply.... I am losing a lot of sleep over it? Please
Hi TyrionStark,

If it makes you feel better, you can send a Letter of Explanation stating the reason why you could not get a detailed description from your company. I also think you should attach letters of employment and anything that will properly describe your job roles in the company. It is also possible that if they do not accept the letter, your CRS will drop and it will not affect the score but what about the minimum entry requirement for skilled workers, will you still meet 67/100?

Irrespective of how you feel, try not to worry and just commit it to God's hands. Do you remember Neethu that asked a question about noc code mismatch, (you replied him) well he just posted in another forum that he got his PPR, despite that note in his file and he did not even raise a cse because he did not know where to send it to.

Do what you can and just leave the rest.

Take care.

Reactions: TyrionStark

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
Hi TyrionStark,

If it makes you feel better, you can send a Letter of Explanation stating the reason why you could not get a detailed description from your company. I also think you should attach letters of employment and anything that will properly describe your job roles in the company. It is also possible that if they do not accept the letter, your CRS will drop and it will not affect the score but what about the minimum entry requirement for skilled workers, will you still meet 67/100?

Irrespective of how you feel, try not to worry and just commit it to God's hands. Do you remember Neethu that asked a question about noc code mismatch, (you replied him) well he just posted in another forum that he got his PPR, despite that note in his file and he did not even raise a cse because he did not know where to send it to.

Do what you can and just leave the rest.

Take care.
Thank you so much for your reply. I really needed some reply.

I did send the LOE and also attached an email me requesting the experience letter with the details as required by CIC. I have also attached a self declaration letter stating the activities that I used to perform in the company, moreover, at the beginning, I had attached all my salary slips, appointment letter, relieving letter, earlier experience letter and latest experience letter along with it. I also contacted my employers in question, requesting them to keep an eye out regarding my Immigration inquiry and respond to them as quickly as possible.

I have 10+ years of experience in multiple NOC's, however, in my Primary NOC, i have an experience of only 3 years and 9 months approximately, hope that does not affect my score, i have IELTS of CLB 10 and education of double bachelors by CIC. I recalculated the points, and it amounts to 72 if I only consider 1 year of experience valid instead of 6 years, otherwise, I had 78 points in the original application.

Thanks again very much, wish i can give you multiple likes on your comment.

Wish you get your PR ASAP.

Last edited:

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. I really needed some reply.

I did send the LOE and also attached an email me requesting the experience letter with the details as required by CIC. I have also attached a self declaration letter stating the activities that I used to perform in the company, moreover, at the beginning, I had attached all my salary slips, appointment letter, relieving letter, earlier experience letter and latest experience letter along with it. I also contacted my employers in question, requesting them to keep an eye out regarding my Immigration inquiry and respond to them as quickly as possible.

I have 10+ years of experience in multiple NOC's, however, in my Primary NOC, i have an experience of only 3 years and 9 months approximately, hope that does not affect my score, i have IELTS of CLB 10 and education of double bachelors by CIC. I recalculated the points, and it amounts to 72 if I only consider 1 year of experience valid instead of 6 years, otherwise, I had 78 points in the original application.

Thanks again very much, wish i can give you multiple likes on your comment.

Wish you get your PR ASAP.
Thank you TyrionStark and best wishes for you too.

sohrab.shery

Jun 29, 2017
Hi friends, thanks for useful information about GCMS notes.
I applied under spouse sponsorship class and my application was submitted to CIC on June 20, 2016. unfortunately at the last GCSM NOTE
Eligibility passed
Security nothing
Criminality not started
Medical passed
I am so confused why my eligibility passed but my criminality doesnot start
Plz help me:confused:

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Hi Guys, I got "Eligibility: Review Required"(Criminal in Progress, Security Not Started) in my gcms notes, and from what I got from google and this forum and it's usually showing up somethings in the Notes section of the GCMS, but the only thing that can have some relationship with that states there: "CA review: R10 not complete: CANCELLED" (yes the cancelled was really CAPS LOCKED) .

And on the section "activities" there is an activity saying
"
Activity Type: 11.2-EE MI
New Value: REVIEW REQUIRED
"
Do you guys know what R10 CANCELLED means? What about this 11.2-EE MI? What's this about?

I'd really appreaciate ANY help.

u2

Aug 31, 2016
Can anyone please tell me how much it will cost me to order a copy of GCSM? Many thanks in advance.