+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV DENIED, Help please

janeyboss

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Manila
Guys, please give me advice here. I was denied of a TRV last August 16. The reason for the refusal was Regulations 179. Is it okay if I reapply a week after? my travel date is on october, for 3 weeks only. so i think i still have time to reapply because the processing time here in manila is only for 15 working days

By the way, it was my friend (girl) who invited me. The purpose of visit is to reunite with her, celebrate thanksgiving and of course for tourism.

I am female, 23 years old and single.

Here are the docs I submitted before:

*Letter of intent
*Completed Application forms
*Notarized Invitation letter with supporting docs (scanned only because the original was sent by my friend directly to canadian embassy manila)
*Visa fee and 2 pictures
*Travel itinerary and proposed tour schedule I made myself
*2 Metrobank passbooks, 1 peso savings account P250,000 and Foreign account $2,670
*1 Metrobank Bank certificate P105, 000
*COE (I am the general manager of our family's business, *Contractor*) Monthly income: P40,000
*Approved LOA letter
*Declaration of Trust (Business)as my mother entrusted it to me.
*Business Permit, ITR, DTI and 2 scanned copies of company bank accounts
*****FYI, the business is under my mother's name, not mine but I am her trustee
*2 photocopied land titles under my name (3 hectares)
*Declaration of revocable living trust : I am one of her successors since my father died last year. I included all the properties under my mom's name. Since I am the eldest, I stated that I am the one managing it all. Is it irrelevant to include it????
*My father's death certificate (as proof that i need to comeback since my mom and 2 sisters are left here)
*My birth certificate
*Letter of withdrawal of work permit application from the canadian embassy last sept 2010 and letter of explanation why i withdrew it
*Funds available for visit: 4,000 USD

I don't know where I went wrong. Please give me feedback on this.

By the way, here are the additional docs I will include in my new application

*My Income tax return 2011
*My friend sent me 3,000 CAD worth of her personal cheque as proof that she will assist me while I'm in Canada
*Original 2 land titles under my name
*Original Business docs as proof that it is authentic
*Notarized COE and LOA
*Employment job description

Guys, do you think I have a better chance now? Need advices please.. Please reply ASAP. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
Hello Janeyboss,
I also sent my application 4 days ago and i am still waiting for the reply, you can reapply right away, what does it states on the regulation 179?
I am so amazed of you having a huge assets and money in your account at the age of 23, do you think that was the reason why the immigration deny you,? and did you include your travel history?
If i were you, reapply right away and make a cover letter to depend yourself. I know you have a good intention on visiting Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
janeyboss said:
Guys, please give me advice here. I was denied of a TRV last August 16. The reason for the refusal was Regulations 179. Is it okay if I reapply a week after? my travel date is on october, for 3 weeks only. so i think i still have time to reapply because the processing time here in manila is only for 15 working days

By the way, it was my friend (girl) who invited me. The purpose of visit is to reunite with her, celebrate thanksgiving and of course for tourism.

I am female, 23 years old and single.

Here are the docs I submitted before:

*Letter of intent
*Completed Application forms
*Notarized Invitation letter with supporting docs (scanned only because the original was sent by my friend directly to canadian embassy manila)
*Visa fee and 2 pictures
*Travel itinerary and proposed tour schedule I made myself
*2 Metrobank passbooks, 1 peso savings account P250,000 and Foreign account $2,670
*1 Metrobank Bank certificate P105, 000
*COE (I am the general manager of our family's business, *Contractor*) Monthly income: P40,000
*Approved LOA letter
*Declaration of Trust (Business)as my mother entrusted it to me.
*Business Permit, ITR, DTI and 2 scanned copies of company bank accounts
*****FYI, the business is under my mother's name, not mine but I am her trustee
*2 photocopied land titles under my name (3 hectares)
*Declaration of revocable living trust : I am one of her successors since my father died last year. I included all the properties under my mom's name. Since I am the eldest, I stated that I am the one managing it all. Is it irrelevant to include it????
*My father's death certificate (as proof that i need to comeback since my mom and 2 sisters are left here)
*My birth certificate
*Letter of withdrawal of work permit application from the canadian embassy last sept 2010 and letter of explanation why i withdrew it
*Funds available for visit: 4,000 USD

I don't know where I went wrong. Please give me feedback on this.

By the way, here are the additional docs I will include in my new application

*My Income tax return 2011
*My friend sent me 3,000 CAD worth of her personal cheque as proof that she will assist me while I'm in Canada
*Original 2 land titles under my name
*Original Business docs as proof that it is authentic
*Notarized COE and LOA
*Employment job description

Guys, do you think I have a better chance now? Need advices please.. Please reply ASAP. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
You are young, single and your ties to your home country aren't very strong. CIC has refused you because they suspect you want to remain in Canada long term. If you can, provide even more proof that you have strong ties to your home country when you apply again.

janeyboss

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Manila
Thanks for the reply guys.. I don't know what else to provide as proof of my ties here.. Do you have any suggestions? Can I include my mother's properties? We have sugar plantation in Iloilo, pretty big. Can I include them in my application? Can a declaration of co-ownership might help?? I really don't what to do. Please help me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think there's any point listing your mother's properties unless you are also listed as a legal owner. If you are listed as a legal owner, then by all means include this information.

Unfortunately the Philippines has high refusal rates for tourist visas - so the odds are probably against you.

Good luck.

janeyboss

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Manila
Thanks scylla.. I provided everything I could but still they refused me. In some ways, they're discriminating people. So sad because people couldn't defend themselves. The docs actually speak for us, kinda unfair if we really have genuine intentions. Can you advice me of what else to do? thanks

janeyboss

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Manila
asianculture2010 said:
Hello Janeyboss,
I also sent my application 4 days ago and i am still waiting for the reply, you can reapply right away, what does it states on the regulation 179?
I am so amazed of you having a huge assets and money in your account at the age of 23, do you think that was the reason why the immigration deny you,? and did you include your travel history?
If i were you, reapply right away and make a cover letter to depend yourself. I know you have a good intention on visiting Canada.
They didn't actually specify the real reason. They only ticked the box with regulation 179. They said I wasn't able to satisfy them with one or more of the reasons under the said regulation. So, it's vague. Mine was returned 5 working days after submission. :( I don't know what to do. What proof of ties did you attach?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
janeyboss said:
Thanks scylla.. I provided everything I could but still they refused me. In some ways, they're discriminating people. So sad because people couldn't defend themselves. The docs actually speak for us, kinda unfair if we really have genuine intentions. Can you advice me of what else to do? thanks
It's not a case of discrimination - although I understand why you might think so. The fact of the matter is that in the past, too many visitors from the Philippines have abused the tourist visa by overstaying. You are paying the price for what others before you have done. Unfortunately your profile (young, single, few ties to homeland) likely fits the profile of people who have a tendency to overstay - even though your intentions are genuine. If you want to blame anyone - blame all those who have abused the process in the past. They are the reason why you are having problems now.

Are you enrolled in school? If so, provide proof that you are enrolled and your tuition is paid. Do you rent an apartment or something similar? If so, provide proof of that. Sorry - that's all I can think of.

Good luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What supporting documents did your friend (the host) sent to the visa office directly originally? I don't know about Philippines, but in China, the applicant submit their application forms and supporting doc (including doc from host family) to the VO. The host doesn't send his doc to the visa office directly.

Besides, one can put any amount in a personal cheque, but whether or not it can be honored is another story. A bank statement or bank letter would be a better prove of assistance.

janeyboss

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Manila
*The original notarized invitation letter
*Annual Income tax, T4 (photocopy) 46,000+ a year
*Her citizenship card (photocopy)
*Proof of accommodation, she's just renting a condo there (photocopy)

She sent those to the embassy here in manila. i sent scanned copies of those together with my application.

and she has just sent me 3,000 CAD in cheque form as proof that she'll support me during
my entire stay there. Would this help???

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cheque hardly show anything. Like I said, showing a bank statement or letter from the bank is a better prove of assistance.

Make sure your friend gave you her notice of assessment from Canada Revenue Agency (tax info for 2011) and submit it with your visitor visa application.

BTW, I don't see how your dad's death certificate prove you need to return. Since you are the trustee of your mom's company, a letter from the company would be a better proof than the death certificate.