+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History check

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
Hello fellow members,

I had my test and interview yesterday. Test went well but during the interview; the officer wanted more information about my USA trips. I live close to border so I very often go and get gas or pick up parcels. I had stamps for the days I needed I94 but nothing for the visits within the i94's 6 month validity period. I actually got my travel history from cbsa before I applied and used that as a guideline about my trips because there were so many and I wasnt sure about the dates. Although I have never stayed overnight in US and all of them were day trips.

Just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and how long does the process take after this?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello fellow members,

I had my test and interview yesterday. Test went well but during the interview; the officer wanted more information about my USA trips. I live close to border so I very often go and get gas or pick up parcels. I had stamps for the days I needed I94 but nothing for the visits within the i94's 6 month validity period. I actually got my travel history from cbsa before I applied and used that as a guideline about my trips because there were so many and I wasnt sure about the dates. Although I have never stayed overnight in US and all of them were day trips.

Just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and how long does the process take after this?
When you say that the officer wanted more information, do you mean that they just asked you some questions about it or did they say they needed more documentation?

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
citizenship application process is same for everyone who applied. You could have one trip or 1000 trips during your eligibility period but the application process and outcome will be same. Same kind of security checks. Many people here might talk about buffer , country of origin or extreme travel history might affect something but so far in canadian history about granting citizenship , no one able to provide a written prove of such things.
Average processing time 1 years (2-3months to AOR, 3-4 months to test, 1-2 months to Oath). If you list all of your travel truthfully then you will have smooth sailing.
CIC often take longer processing time when something is not matching up based on their internal find and application answers.
Thanks.

I was totally truthful about everything. I think what she wants to know is when exactly did I leave Canada for those trips. Since Canada doesnt keep a exit record, they only have a entry record. So I think she wants to make sure I left the country same day and came back. Hence she got me to sign a paper to get my entry records from USA.

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
When you say that the officer wanted more information, do you mean that they just asked you some questions about it or did they say they needed more documentation?
She did not ask any documents from me. I was totally thorough with all my trips. She got me to sign some paper that will allow her to get my entry details into USA and I think she will then try to match then with Canadian entries to make sure I left Canada and got back the same day.

At the end she said that will hopefully clear all her concerns and they will get back to me if they need any more documentation from me.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We are delaying our application because of un-tracked day trips hubby took when we lived close to the border.
Will see how it goes for PR renewal.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a lot of trips around 80 in past couple of years. I kept record of all of them including tickets however the officer didn't ask for anything

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
I know you are one of the applicant made numerous calls to CIC for almost nothing and your application still under 12 months frame. CIC agent in fact told you they made a complain about your application. Not sure you are getting that effect now or not but asking docs after test usually not very common.
The only time I called CIC was to check if my fingerprints are received end of april. Forget the numerous calls. Thank you though :)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I had a lot of trips around 80 in past couple of years. I kept record of all of them including tickets however the officer didn't ask for anything
Good for you.

We drove thru for gas filling and for shipping package pickup... Sometimes twice a week. We have all the records for real trips and flights. It's just those easy crossing that we didn't have any record...
Hubby has way more time than he needs to apply and those day trips won't count as "outside of canada" days. But we still need to list them.
I am waiting for him to get the border crossing records and hopefully, that will give us some start to fill out the physical presence calculator.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good for you.

We drove thru for gas filling and for shipping package pickup... Sometimes twice a week. We have all the records for real trips and flights. It's just those easy crossing that we didn't have any record...
Hubby has way more time than he needs to apply and those day trips won't count as "outside of canada" days. But we still need to list them.
I am waiting for him to get the border crossing records and hopefully, that will give us some start to fill out the physical presence calculator.
You probably have obtained the record using online I-94 ?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
She did not ask any documents from me. I was totally thorough with all my trips. She got me to sign some paper that will allow her to get my entry details into USA and I think she will then try to match then with Canadian entries to make sure I left Canada and got back the same day.

At the end she said that will hopefully clear all her concerns and they will get back to me if they need any more documentation from me.
You should be okay if you have sufficient enough of a buffer in your presence calculation. Unfortunately, some of the border records on both the US and CDN side can be lacking, so that could cause you a little headache if you don't have a good buffer. Best to just not worry about it unless you hear something.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello fellow members,

So I94 only showed the crossing records up to some time in 2015 for us. We applied for travel history from cbsa as well. But we are waiting for the result.

So this long weekend hubby ended up looking at his google account and tracked all his google map tracking from Oct 2013 to 2015. I think we got most of those border crossing gas fill-up trips.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I also live very close to the border and cross once or twice a week for gas and/or groceries. I don't have a list of all my crossings, but pulled records from the cbsa and was as accurate as possible during my application. Haven't had the interview yet, but with over 1,500 days of physical presence I can't see there being any issues with these trips.

Reactions: YVR123