+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Ojeola said:
Congratulations on your test invitation. Did your family members also receive test invite? because I remember that you applied as a family.
Thank you Ojeola that is really appreciated.
Yes my spouse got his test invitation as well but in 2 separate letters in mail. I was little worried to get a test invitation for my 16 years old son but they put us under old rule and they didn't send him an invitation.
I wish you to get a test invitation and oath at the same day Ojeola (believe me it happened before )again wish you all the best.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
FAAMS said:
Thank you Ojeola that is really appreciated.
Yes my spouse got his test invitation as well but in 2 separate letters in mail. I was little worried to get a test invitation for my 16 years old son but they put us under old rule and they didn't send him an invitation.
I wish you to get a test invitation and oath at the same day Ojeola believe it happened before ,again wish you all the best.
Great to know and thanks for the wishes. All the best on your test.

Vanguard

Jul 23, 2015
Ojeola said:
Yeah, the process might be fast depending on the Visa offices however, you applied last month right? So that means it might take an average of 3months to hear anything from CIC on your application
I applied in July, AOR in aug and IP in September, was hoping for a test invitation this month based on the time sheet. Do you mean that CIC has slowed down just now? :eek:

Vanguard

Jul 23, 2015
mani_01 said:
hi guys,
I have one question .I am resident of Calgary and I submitted xerox of driving license with my application form but it was having old address printed on it will it create problem. I am living in new address and I updated on ecas new address.Do Ecas still shows file transferred to local office.
rgds!
manish
Same here. I didn't update the addresses and submitted copies with old address. Would that be a major problem? My application form and ECAS has my current address on it. I hope that's not the reason why I haven't gotten my test invite yet...

rajbmanian

Jun 8, 2015
kapsons said:
can you help to share some questions which you had to think about? What type?
As i cant disclose the actual questions, i would say most of the ones that made me think were about the history of canada and dates. My suggestion is to pay close attention to the history and read it like a story and keep key dates in mind.

others were more simple and as long as you read the discover canada PDF you should do great.

hope this helps

rajbmanian

Jun 8, 2015
Seweify said:
Did your ecas show "transfer to local office"?
No, it didnt say transfer to local office. went from AOR to In process and then test invite. i think they removed the "transfer to local office" update from ecas earlier this year.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Vanguard said:
I applied in July, AOR in aug and IP in September, was hoping for a test invitation this month based on the time sheet. Do you mean that CIC has slowed down just now? :eek:
Well, i applied early June and I haven't received any test invitation also. I also believe that Visa offices for each applicant will determine the speed of the application.

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
dnyfyn said:
Hey guys,

I don't have my original IELTS certificate. However I had a copy which I sent with my citizenship application. The original is actually with CIC which I submitted during my immigration process. So what should I do for my interview?
Don't worry, just take the photocopy. I had the same issue as the original was already submitted. Had my test and interview on 15th Oct, and both were passed. Ecas now showing "Decision Made" for myself and wife.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Thank you all of you guys. Passed the exam and the interview did not take even 5 mins. I hope everything is fine and will get the invite soon. One more hurdle to go. According to the officer the wait time is 2-4 months.

All the best for the others.

If you just read the book and do some questions from Richmond Library that is more than enough.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
domingo said:
Don't worry, just take the photocopy. I had the same issue as the original was already submitted. Had my test and interview on 15th Oct, and both were passed. Ecas now showing "Decision Made" for myself and wife.
Thanks domingo, the officer never bothered about my IELTS.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Vanguard said:
Same here. I didn't update the addresses and submitted copies with old address. Would that be a major problem? My application form and ECAS has my current address on it. I hope that's not the reason why I haven't gotten my test invite yet...

Keep an eye on mails sent to your old address too. Also, update your address on CIC website too.

Recently, one of my ex-building mate had similar experience. They moved to new address updated that with CIC, received few correspondence to new address. Shockingly, the CIC email their Oath invitations to old address and kept in the mail return box.

Since I know the family, I picked up those letter and informed them to collect it from me, lest they missed that opportunity.

Sadly, CIC is the most disorganized agency and evidently application processing was taking over 3 years till recently.

Sensing the change of political winds in the country, fearing many big heads would roll at CIC, things started moving faster.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
June applicant ( from Calgary)
Hi all

Today I received the test invite. The test is on 12th November 2015. Also received letter to get the finger prints done. Both letters were dated on 20th Oct.

Have anyone else from Calgary received test invite?

So hope things r moving. I will update the tracking doc.

Regards
M

blort128

Sep 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
24-07-2015
malimm0a75 said:
June applicant ( from Calgary)
Hi all

Today I received the test invite. The test is on 12th November 2015. Also received letter to get the finger prints done. Both letters were dated on 20th Oct.

Have anyone else from Calgary received test invite?

So hope things r moving. I will update the tracking doc.

Regards
M
Congrats! I'm also a June applicant from Calgary, still waiting for test invite.

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi all,

Calgary applicant here. My eCAS status went from in Process to the following:

4.We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, but smells like RQ to me, I'll keep you posted :S