+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
Thank you all of you guys. Passed the exam and the interview did not take even 5 mins. I hope everything is fine and will get the invite soon. One more hurdle to go. According to the officer the wait time is 2-4 months.

All the best for the others.

If you just read the book and do some questions from Richmond Library that is more than enough.
Congratulations.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
LostinCalgary said:
Hi all,

Calgary applicant here. My eCAS status went from in Process to the following:

4.We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, but smells like RQ to me, I'll keep you posted :S
Based on the above information, it seems to be a request for additional documents or fingerprint. Make sure you check your emails especially spam section and keep aj eye out on you postal mail. Hopefully, you receive it asap.

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Ojeola said:
Based on the above information, it seems to be a request for additional documents or fingerprint. Make sure you check your emails especially spam section and keep aj eye out on you postal mail. Hopefully, you receive it asap.
Ohh fingerprints!! I hope it's that. I got my AOR by email but so far nothing regarding this request for additional documents, my guess is it'll arrive by mail.

Thanks for your input.

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yippee! The Calgary processing office is showing signs of life ;D

Congrats to all who got their test invites. And best luck to ones waiting for theirs (all locations).

Vanguard

Jul 23, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Keep an eye on mails sent to your old address too. Also, update your address on CIC website too.

Recently, one of my ex-building mate had similar experience. They moved to new address updated that with CIC, received few correspondence to new address. Shockingly, the CIC email their Oath invitations to old address and kept in the mail return box.

Since I know the family, I picked up those letter and informed them to collect it from me, lest they missed that opportunity.

Sadly, CIC is the most disorganized agency and evidently application processing was taking over 3 years till recently.

Sensing the change of political winds in the country, fearing many big heads would roll at CIC, things started moving faster.
I have already moved by the time I applied so I never needed to update my address on ECAS, but I am afraid the old address on the copies of my ID would confuse them. But I'm hoping they will disregard the old address and keep the speed up!

girlfromindia

Mar 9, 2012
Citizenship qualification

With the recent changes to the citizenship rules I am wondering what does the term exceptions for crown servants mean... does it mean that if one is travelling outside visiting family, they could count that time outside (say 4 weeks for example ) to make up to the 1460 days requirements since they are employed with a crown services corporation here in Canada?

My second question is with the rule of 1460 + 183 days in each of the 4 calendar years under consideration if below is a scenario the person qualifies only until Dec 2017 cause the period shifts with both the rules together
For example:
158 2010
139 2011
0 2012
76 2013
319 2014
360 2015
345 2016
361 2017

Please clarify
Thanks a ton !

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Citizenship qualification

girlfromindia said:
With the recent changes to the citizenship rules I am wondering what does the term exceptions for crown servants mean... does it mean that if one is travelling outside visiting family, they could count that time outside (say 4 weeks for example ) to make up to the 1460 days requirements since they are employed with a crown services corporation here in Canada?
You already created a topic about this. How is it even remotely related to June 2015 applicants?
If you are wondering if you were eligible to apply in June 2015 then the answer is "no".

MTLcitizen

Oct 23, 2015
Hello,
I first received the citizenship test invitation (by email) for November 5, 2015 from Montreal office two days ago.
But today they sent me another email indicating: "Please note that your exam has been postponed", and
the new date is for one week later, November 12, 2015. I am so worried about this!
Does anybody have a similar experience?

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Citizenship qualification

+1
Thanks sjakub. The question is best answered in the separate topic created. Nothing to do with June 2015 applicants.

sjakub said:
You already created a topic about this. How is it even remotely related to June 2015 applicants?
If you are wondering if you were eligible to apply in June 2015 then the answer is "no".

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There would have any a need to worry if they did not give you an alternate date or the alternate date were 3-4 months away. In your case, I do not think there is any need to worry as the date is postponed by just a week.

MTLcitizen said:
Hello,
I first received the citizenship test invitation (by email) for November 5, 2015 from Montreal office two days ago.
But today they sent me another email indicating: "Please note that your exam has been postponed", and
the new date is for one week later, November 12, 2015. I am so worried about this!
Does anybody have a similar experience?

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
LostinCalgary said:
Hi all,

Calgary applicant here. My eCAS status went from in Process to the following:

4.We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, but smells like RQ to me, I'll keep you posted :S
Just got home and saw I got mail from CIC. It's for fingerprints (phew!). Even though it'll slow down my application for a bit I don't have to worry about a RQ (for now).

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
My status shows decision made.

I wonder how long it will take for the oath. The agent told 2-4 months. One more hurdle to go.

blort128

Sep 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
24-07-2015
Calgary applicant here. I was checking My eCAS status just like every other day whenever I get a notification that a new reply has been posted. Lo and behold! It now shows:

4.We sent you a notice on October 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, hopefully no RQ. Anyone else appearing on November 12?

Priya selvaraj

Jun 10, 2015
Just checked eCas, Test Invite dated Oct 22nd and Test on 12th Nov @12.pm
It's an family application (2A & 1 kid)
In Process Since Sep 4th 2015
AOR received : 28th Aug 2015