18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
kkim604 said:
To ppl who used purolator, would you ever ship anything by purolator in the future?
I'm kicking myself for not using fed/ups
You can never control who goes first.
Next year it might be Fedex/UPS who would screw up.

Just stay calm and be patient.
they are processing the 9:19 batch. After them, the next major group is Purolator. Your CC will be charged soon. No point in obsessing over it!

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
_MK_ said:

they are processing the 9:19 batch. After them, the next major group is Purolator. Your CC will be charged soon. No point in obsessing over it!
+1

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
kkim604 said:
To ppl who used purolator, would you ever ship anything by purolator in the future?
I'm kicking myself for not using fed/ups
Its really a pain in the ash when you get suffered of someone else negligence in their service.
Definitely, Purolator will gonna loose their customers next year atleast for PGP applications.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
_MK_ said:

Fedex and UPS have a plan to deal with this. They have instructed drivers to go there and wait in line. Apparently purolator driver was at her liberty and decided "Appointment required for delivery, receiver will be contacted to reschedule" Oh WTF, the line is too long why not go have a coffee and come back when there is no line?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
GideonSword said:
I'm just wondering what happens next after my CC was charged? Am I going to get an e-mail from CIC? Anybody knows? Thanks.
You can read 'Info' sheet on the Google SS.

Blue sky9

Jan 6, 2016
hoveran said:
Fedex and UPS have a plan to deal with this. They have instructed drivers to go there and wait in line. Apparently purolator driver was at her liberty and decided "Appointment required for delivery, receiver will be contacted to reschedule" Oh WTF, the line is too long why not go have a coffee and come back when there is no line?
I was @ CIC Jan 4th until about 11 am, I did not see any Purolator guy though UPS and FedEx were there and they were going up and down with their dolly full of application packages.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not seeing any hope because I chose pourlator 9 am delivery...very disappointed....even though tried hard to make it possible but because of pourlator........nothing seems possible

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
screech339 said:
This is one of the major drawback of fcfs process. Whoever has the money, will get in front of the line. Supply and Demand will always come into play whenever fcfs exist. People will always find a way to beat the system. As much as everyone hates this, Lottery system eliminates this completely. No one can beats the lotto system. McCallum cannot eliminate the problem of fcfs system as long as the cap exists. I am very curious as to what solution McCallum will come up for 2017 PGP.
Lottery system

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
TA_Hoss said:
Not seeing any hope because I chose pourlator 9 am delivery...very disappointed....even though tried hard to make it possible but because of pourlator........nothing seems possible
Don't be too stressed. CIC has stated (based on another poster calling into them) that they are only charging the credit cards of those who made the first 5,000 cap. The other 5,000 will be held until Parliament can pass the bill changing the law. Parliament starts up again on Monday and I am sure we will all be eagerly awaiting the presentation of that bill :)

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:

I am optimistic but I expected better from Purolator.
We can't help feeling bad taste in our mouth.
I'm sure everyone who used puro feel the same way.

yes, it could've gone either way
But when they advertise having earlier guaranteed delivery time than Fedex, we expect to be there at least before Fedex.
UPS guaranteed 9am, how were they not only they meet their guarantee but get their earlier than guaranteed ?
also there are some questions whether our app really arrived at 9.45, or they went later afternoon and posted that early time to cover their behind.

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
kkim604 said:

But when they advertise having earlier guaranteed delivery time than Fedex, we expect to be there at least before Fedex.
UPS guaranteed 9am, how were they not only they meet their guarantee but get their earlier than guaranteed ?
also there are some questions whether our app really arrived at 9.45, or they went later afternoon and posted that early time to cover their behind.
I feel your pain.... I am one of the one that chose Purolator over Fedex, and UPS and I actually went to all these courier office to ask them their earliest time before I made decision on who to pick to deliver my package. :(

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
kkim604 said:

At least yours they delivered on 4th, ours it got delayed by one day and all the hard work and preparation time, money wasted because of who??? Purolator... We are almost out of race this year and I don't even check anything these days because looks like 10,000 will reach on 4th only. Even though you give your 100% but still lack behind all because of these stupid courier companies. PGP is not about cic anymore... its all about courier companies and we are suffering from this BS.

Saima_Tech

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2009
Doc's Request.
10-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
19-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
29-Jan-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
13-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
17-Aug-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-2011
LANDED..........
30-May-2011
CC charged today please update SS
$1250 for mom+dad+dep
Applied from Alberta fedex 9:19

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pamma97 said:
At least yours they delivered on 4th, ours it got delayed by one day and all the hard work and preparation time, money wasted because of who??? Purolator... We are almost out of race this year and I don't even check anything these days because looks like 10,000 will reach on 4th only. Even though you give your 100% but still lack behind all because of these stupid courier companies. PGP is not about cic anymore... its all about courier companies and we are suffering from this BS.
The main reason why I did not take any chances using big couriers is because of the feedback I read from here. Yeah, we cannot deny the fact that couriers are benefiting from this, especially local ones, they are way too expensive because of their 'specific' service for the program.

The problem with big companies is that they did not deliver on the service that you've paid for and if I am in your shoes, it really SUCKS!!

For people here who might not make it to the cap, I know this is disappointing (especially for courier issues) but hey, there's always next year and time flies fast.

For now, it's not bad to hope. As long as your application is not returned, there is still a chance.

I just hope everyone here gets charged and to those who already were, let's be patient in waiting for the AOR! :)

Goodluck!