+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
kkim604 said:
Whatever you paid, i and everyone outside of GTA, would gladly pay. Consider yourself lucky. You are at huge advantage because you can deal with local courier.

Rest of us with fedupslator, are still wondering if we will make the cut or not
you can too. these local couriers also offer special service catered to out of province application.
i know this year a lot of people sent in their package to local couriers' office a few days before, then the courier make the delivery to CIC on Jan 4.
if you failed this time around (hope not of course), the lesson is, do your research. ;D

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
I think all our anxiety, fear and nervous energy need to be channeled better. Instead of trying to establish how lame Purolator or X, Y, Z courier has been, the last 48 hours deserves media attention. Writing to MPs may have a slow trickle down affect and by the time the feedback is taken seriously, it'll be years. On the other hand, smaller print medias like 24Hours, Metro, and other Hindi, Punjabi, Cantonese, Urdu, Bengali print medias will gladly take this story and publish it. Even the bigger medias will be interested soon.

Take some time to write your story, and then send to the media. It is easy to find their editorial page, and this may spark something big. Only then the government may give us the proper forum to speak and take our feedback seriously to reform this system.

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Hello I am from Metro Mississauga Courier. Many clients have contacted me to clearify a lot of information floating around. Perhaps I can clear a few things up and and give you advice you can use.

Firstly Happy Road, Metro Mississauga, and VW were the three couriers that began the line up in the morning of January 23, 2016 with a combined approximate total of 1000 applications

Between just us we had a approximately 1000 applications. We were served by 3 tables stations each manned by 2 CPC staff members. If people were wondering about duplication of the time reported by different couriers well logically of course. We were served by 3 tables at the same time.

some of you reported that some of their reporting times of were earlier than 8:00 AM. Well they are wrong. CPC opens only at 8:00 AM. No Larger courier were there before us and were not there well after we were gone so I suggest you find out why for your own sake. By the time they came the line up was already 50 to 70 people deep at 8:00 AM so all your packages went after that. So definitely there were already 3000 applications submitted before they even started. No larger courier has any advantage as you may believe in the queue because of their name as I have seen some peoples opinions here. You line up whether when you come 1 package or a 1000 package in order.

Non couriers started to line up pretending they were couriers were asked to leave so those thinking they would just come and pretend with a fake way bill
were asked to leave by us of the business or were asked to be removed by security. so think twice if that is your strategy in the future. and then they do a final check in the final line up and will randomly verify when you go up to submit at the table

They use couriers not to make money for us or make things different difficult or expensive for you. It is done for 2 reason:

1. that CIC wants complete anonimity between the mail room staff and the public to ensure there is no behind the scenes favouritism because someone may happen to be friends with a mail room staff who could take it from them and put in a favourable position for them. Its for the fairness and security for applicants.

2. You think the process is a mess now. Try taking packages from the public where many cant speak English have paperwork that is incomprehensible and paperwork that is untraceable. The line up would be unmanageable and a graver issue would arise. Its a government office, therefore security is of utmost importance. to allow that many people would be against anything safe. They don't know who you are but they can easily find out who we are.

Metro Mississauga, Happy and VW are all good reliable delivery solutions and after meeting with their principles I can say that I have a lot of respect for the way they handle their business and clients and we have enjoyed the heart felt and sincere gratitude from our clients who appreciated our efforts for them.

I read some complaining about the high charges. and other about poor people not being able to sponsor.

Sirs, you better understand one thing, this is a serious and very responsible area of business with a lot of stress that you as a client will have to pay for. its not cheap and its not free. unlike other deliveries. We are constantly contacted many times at odd times through out the season answering clients giving up our holiday times and spending a couple of days to rest from the PGP day. We choose to do it at a price. If you don't like it or appreciate what it takes. please go and use the big companies and enjoy biting your nails. Its not a matter of what we charge its a matter of what it is worth to you. Its a good way to eliminate the serious applicant from the not so serious. And yes, I do believe if you can't afford to sponsor your family you shouldn't. Please don't characterize us directly or indirectly as robber barons milking people of their money.

If you cannot pay between 100 and 250 dollars for a once in a year opportunity plus the necessary fees to CPC I think you should consider your financial state more closely to whether you can afford to bring someone over in the first place and take care of them in the long run because its a drop in the bucket to what your real cost will be over time.

Is it a lottery? No, but because the availability is far smaller than than the interest. It becomes a large and difficult task to manage. Its like trying to pass a tennis ball through a funnel Its not going to be easy and perfect. Despite it all. its run quite well even though from your perspective as an applicant its difficult and inefficient but over all it works well and gets the job done. This year they have done a much better job than last year and I commend them for the improvement. But yes there is a margin of randomness in the system that's why you can increase your chances but you cant guarantee it. How they store, sort and process are big variables out of our hands as couriers.

I am not going to insult or critique the larger companies Purolator Fed Ex UPS etc.. that have been mentioned negatively in some instances. they are good companies. But only good for what they are designed to do. General purpose delivery. Many clients have used them in conjunction with us in order to send it to us and 98 percent they all arrived. Their system is not designed to accommodate the specific realities of this delivery and people tend to take their frustration of their choice on them. If you don't use the correct tool for the right task then your obvious going to fail. Not them but you, they are happy to take your money if you want to give it to them. When they say 9 AM or 10 AM guaranteed delivery they in most cases do it but it means when they show up it has to be deliverable at that time not an hour later or 2 hour s later after they arrive. Why do you think its 30 dollars. Use your own common sense. they have done what they were suppose to. They aren't going to stick around for 30 dollars its a business they have to go on to the next delivery. Yours is not the only one. They have done nothing wrong and have technically provided the service you paid them for. If people want to hammer a nail with a screw driver well that's their choice.

Local couriers know their area because its their area. they deal with less packages and therefore can make less errors, gain more information regarding deliveries in the area they are focused in. they are also more flexible and approachable to fix things or make changes. Of course your documents are secure and personal information is protected. We would be out of business if we gave people reason not to trust us. to be straight, we are not interested in what in peoples packages and what they ship. We just want to make sure whatever it is, it is delivered and move on to the next package.

As far as cheaper couriers, the 65 dollars or lower club as I call it. One person who pretended to be a courier to try and hold the line for his courier went there earlier than him. We, of course got him removed and his name stricken from the line up list. at the end he was trying to get one of us to take his package because his courier didn't show up until much later. He wanted to go home and get a duplicate of his application to give instead. So once again its your sponsorship, your money, your choice. He was advised by us that he better wait for his courier at this stage because he might deliver it also and his application would be rejected for multiple submission. That man aged five years and lost 10 lbs that night to save 50 to a hundred dollars. He was willing to pay it that night that for sure. Plus forfeit the 65 dollars. Pretty economical in the end wasn't it for him?

Hope some of this helped. All this has stemmed from comments I have read from people here. We hope that your applications are successful.

Chris
Metro Mississauga Courier

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2013-02-28
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
2013-11-26
Med's Done....
2013-12-02
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-12-19
VISA ISSUED...
2014-01-03
LANDED..........
2014-01-03 at Peach Arch, BC
MMCS said:
Hello I am from Metro Mississauga Courier.

Chris
Metro Mississauga Courier
Hi Chris, thanks for your information. Are you able to give us any deals regarding how received applications were timestamped? Or how CIC noted down the order of couriers in the queue? A lot of people are curious about the order CIC will process applications in, and whether they actually know the order they received them in rather than just the date.

Thanks

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Regarding proof of deliveries, we will provide proof of deliveries to anyone requiring it. Its just we are dealing with post enquiries and requests in a large volume. We don't believe in electronic validation especially for this type of delivery and we record things on our copy of the waybill.

But our general policy is that we don't provide the backup until it is requested for a specific issue because when we know that our deliveries are successful its a lot of work to just send out proofs too everyone. Just the scanning alone of each one is time consuming. But we are interested in clients our security and in the event of a challenge from CPC, we of course would provide all necessary assistance to support our clients with back up. We want to focus on the clients who have issues if any do arise and would provide them with the documents necessary for that. to us its that has always been our approach. To us it was a more efficient approach. traditionally this is how proofs are handled day to day in this industry. Clients I have talked to agree and understand this. The quicker way to get it if you need is is through fax if you really do require it. Scan an email will take time. We are dealing with volume and a reminder may be necessary. So please decide if you truly need one at this stage, we have them for you in any event when you would really require them.

Chris
Metro Mississauga courier

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Hi Chris, thanks for your information. Are you able to give us any deals regarding how received applications were timestamped? Or how CIC noted down the order of couriers in the queue? A lot of people are curious about the order CIC will process applications in, and whether they actually know the order they received them in rather than just the date.

Thanks

CPC never time stamps the documents. Last year they provided signiures. This year the only date stamp.

The best time stamp is for those clients that saw their courier there :) you know who you are.

In my opinion.
The CIC stamps the application and fills a smaller small baskets and when full go into a larger cage with multiple shelves.. Once the cage is full they start in another one. for us, our objective is to get it in early enough to get in that earlier cages so when they start the clients have a greater chance of being picked now with the 3 tables the baskets are being filled randomly and any one of those baskets from either table will go in the cage. so its not application by application. Last year it was a bin they were put into, there is order and sequence but not at the level of the single application.

does this help?

Chris
Metro Mississauga Courer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Chris - Thanks for providing insights into what actually took place. +1

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
No problem. It helps people make a more informed choice if they have information. It can be more worrisome for people if they have to wonder. truth is a good sedative.

Chris

pektusin

Nov 21, 2015
MMCS said:
Is it a lottery? No
Yes.
It is like stakes on horses - you never know which one will finish first. Did I pay a larger company because I wanted to save? Of course not! It was not matter of money at all! I'd pay a couple of thousands to get my app in front of the line. I'm not in ON, so there were no many options for me. If I knew...

The way how it is all done, made me feel miserable and humiliated.

evan2015

Feb 5, 2015
pektusin said:
Yes.
It is like stakes on horses - you never know which one will finish first. Did I pay a larger company because I wanted to save? Of course not! It was not matter of money at all! I'd pay a couple of thousands to get my app in front of the line. I'm not in ON, so there were no many options for me. If I knew...

The way how it is all done, made me feel miserable and humiliated.
I am the same. It was not matter of money at all. If they accepts public drop in, I will personally fly there and line up 24 hours or more in advance. I am not in ON, not many options or not many options that I knew. This is the freaking third years that I attempted. The first year I was late, on me. Second year freaking Canada Post messed up resulting 1 day delay. This year I used Fedex and thought 9:19AM was safe, but now I have my finger crossed again. F**K.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
evan2015 said:
I am the same. It was not matter of money at all. If they accepts public drop in, I will personally fly there and line up 24 hours or more in advance. I am not in ON, not many options or not many options that I knew. This is the freaking third years that I attempted. The first year I was late, on me. Second year freaking Canada Post messed up resulting 1 day delay. This year I used Fedex and thought 9:19AM was safe, but now I have my finger crossed again. F**K.
I have the same story all three years as you. Same couriers and reasons. I really thought this year would go better.

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/john-mccallum-says-liberals-remain-committed-to-doubling-family-reunification-1.3389341
They still talking about doubling applications this year.. So there is still some hope. even tho it says 5000 application cap on website, It could change. Lets hope for the best :)

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do CIC stamp on the way bill as proof of delivery or just sign & time ?

I can see only signature and time on my waybill copy sent by courier as proof of delivery -

uzairkhan31

Jan 4, 2016
I sent my application through Current Express which says they delivered everything by 9:20am. I am now wondering whether I made the 5000 cap or not. I am hoping I did. Hearing some of the numbers in this thread are now scaring me....Do you guys think it was actually possible that 5000 was met by 9:20am?
It was hard to tell which courier to use! I have a feeling the times being reported by everyone are not accurate. I bet you some are reporting the time after everything was accepted while some are reporting the time when they arrived there.

I guess we just have to wait till later on this month to see if our credit card gets charged :S.

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Chris, if you are who you say you are, I appreciate you coming here to give your honest thoughts about this whole process. Will you guys change the way you do things for January 2017? Or just keep things the way they are? I know it's too early to ask, but just wanted your thoughts.

the truth is that CIC solved the insanity for themselves but they just pushed it down the pipeline to us now we deal with everything they didn't want to. how to handle next year is still on the table but I think that in order to maintain efficiency all applications should be mailed or couriered to the sponsorship courier, and have fewer and narrower drop off dates because of the volume we have to deal with in such a narrow span of time. CPC instead of making their application available so late should be available much earlier in the year and not change them for that period because what happens people now hold on to them till the last minute. Technically that puts a rush on the last remaining days before the line up which is too much to handle. Because of that we will have to spend less time collecting and more time devoted to processing and preparing. for me mailing in all applications both nationally and locally and dealing with the applications and not the people to ensure efficiency and accuracy. Even till the last day people requested to make changes to errors or missing documents which can be too much but what can you do as a service provider tell them to go away? No. Especially like this year on the 3rd which is a day to rest and physically and mentally prepare for the line up. Even though we enjoy interacting with our clients in this reality its difficult for this process. Choose your courier give it to them then let him do his job. to save time and reach the broadest scope of clients, Couriers should post information on their sites and clients should go there first to see any information before they call. If CPc gave their application in spring and did not create a fear of looming changes, people can fill out their applications more easily and couriers would have enough time to collect them earlier and things would run smoother in that department. they created the condition.

I don't think the process is unfair just that so many people want the same thing and the economics of life say the rarer something the price goes up for it. at the same time they cant have an open door policy that would burden the country and its taxpayers so they have to limit things. this creates tension on the system and that is what is frustrating for most people.

Chris