+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

basic_instinct

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Pamma97 said:
So I just got call from Purolator explaining what happened.. so the connection flight from Edmonton to Calgary and then to Winnipeg got missed so all of Calgary and Edmonton shipments from Purolator didn't reached Mississauga on 4th but today 5th Jan at 8:52am.

I don't know if even Winnipeg guys got delayed as well or not but yeah Calgary and Edmonton for sure. He is refunding my money back and sending cheque to my place.
I am on Winnipeg and the package delivered this morning. I think we should sue them for cheating because we pay for next day delivery but they failed to deliver.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmextreme said:
Mine says Adusei. I was actually looking at the tracker until 10am and only got updated at 10am. So I am wondering if the receiver in the centre actually started to receive packages at 8am - not before 8am.
I think so ...lets hope for the best...

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
Do you guys think Purolator is lying about the delivery time of 9.43AM? Reading through the chat that some people had with Purolator customer service it looks like the guy was in line till 1.40pm but according to some people who were present there, there was no line after 10am. So is it possible that the driver came in at 9:40, saw the line, left and delivered the applications in afternoon? Maybe because of the outrage they are now covering by lying? seriously worried..

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
rajparvez87 said:
Do you guys think Purolator is lying about the delivery time of 9.43AM? Reading through the chat that some people had with Purolator customer service it looks like the guy was in line till 1.40pm but according to some people who were present there, there was no line after 10am. So is it possible that the driver came in at 9:40, saw the line, left and delivered the applications in afternoon? Maybe because of the outrage they are now covering by lying? seriously worried..
what if they had multiple guys in the queue... one at the start, one in middle and one towards the end...that explains different time stamps.. right?

aks706

Jan 5, 2016
Isn't the address to send the package different for Canada Post versus Courier. Are we not jumping the gun here making predictions?

Also, isn't PO boxes governed by Canada Post and not CPC-M. How can they work on the timing at two different location with two different set of processing rules. Something doesn't add up here wrt focussing on time of delivery. Date of delivery may still make some sense.

Note that it's CPC-M's decision to have PO boxes and not applicants.

Take it easy and hope most folks on Jan 4th and 5th gets through.

Cheer.

smrt

Jun 26, 2008
So finally PuroLATER delivered my 2 applications sent from Calgary this morning Jan 5 at 8:52am. I have received an email from them indicating this delay was out of their control. I told them such explanation in unacceptable as they had the whole weekend friday saturday and sunday to ship it to Mississauga, there were no weather problems, and have asked them for a full refund of my money, let's see what they come back with. Again this PGP Sponsorship process has to be changed and that could only happen if we ensure our message is heard at CIC. On a previous post I suggested to contact each of our MPs but reaching to the Immigration Minister directly is mandatory as well. I can't accept my application is not accepted for a 2nd time just because some external factors in a courier system especially when those applications are sent from other cities in the middle of winter where it has to reach within few hours of early morning in a specific date. Again my proposal will be to make it as fair as possible meaning allowing a longer period of time to receive apps then choose them based on a lottery system and as mentioned by others if you wanted to be more equitative then submit them to local CIC offices and distrubute spots based on total number of valid applications received this way it is not based on population of provinces which is also not fair as some provinces will have more inmigrants applicants than others etc. In the end there is no perfect system but much better ways to allocate those 5k or 10k among all of us trying to bring our parents here with us. Hopefully we can make them hear us. Good luck everyone.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajparvez87 said:
I think Pulator is laying about time. before 1:40, I didnt see any status of Delivered on line. most of the peoples status changed to Delivered around from 1:30pm to 2pm. Most probebly they delivered the packages between 1:30 to 2 and put the time as 9:43.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rajparvez87 said:
I just got the following line added before the delivery line:

Jan 4, 2016 8:58 a.m. Mississauga (east/est), ON Appointment required for delivery, receiver will be contacted to reschedule

I think purolator just want to cover up so that they can say that they attempted the delivery before 9 am. However, they did the delivery during afternoon as they might don't want to wait because of huge line up and came back later for delivery.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
thecoolguysam said:
I just got the following line added before the delivery line:

Jan 4, 2016 8:58 a.m. Mississauga (east/est), ON Appointment required for delivery, receiver will be contacted to reschedule

I think purolator just want to cover up so that they can say that they attempted the delivery before 9 am. However, they did the delivery during afternoon as they might don't want to wait because of huge line up and came back later for delivery.
Yes that's what I'm saying they did delivery at around afternoon time maybe close to 2:30pm bcoz that was the time I got call and the person whom I was speaking was also speaking to someone else and then in middle of conversation he said wait and talked to that other guy and said yes delivery has been done we just got the update. So I'm pretty sure 9:43am thing is a lie from Purolator.

Also people from Edmonton, Calgary & Winnipeg ask for your refunds they will have to give you but you will need to ask. I'm getting mine so why not others.

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
My application was received 13:09 today thru Canada Post. Im just hoping for the best. :) If not, I'll re apply next year.

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
TA_Hoss said:
I think Pulator is laying about time. before 1:40, I didnt see any status of Delivered on line. most of the peoples status changed to Delivered around from 1:30pm to 2pm. Most probebly they delivered the packages between 1:30 to 2 and put the time as 9:43.
Don't you think they just updated their system around 1:30-2pm?
Who said the update always happens in real time?
Why would they lie? If people pay for a certain delivery time, Purolator might have been in trouble so many times if they lied!!! It's only us who can't find out exact delivery time of the package, but think about tons of other cases when Purolator is supposed to deliver by the paid for time and if it's some business packages, etc. it's super easy to find out when the package was actually delivered. I used to work as an office administrator and know about time sensitive deliveries and how they are tracked, etc..... If Purolator lied they would have been out of business already!
Stop making up scary stories and conspiracy theories.....

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irinako said:
Why would they lie? If people pay for a certain delivery time, Purolator might have been in trouble so many times if they lied!!! It's only us who can't find out exact delivery time of the package, but think about tons of other cases when Purolator is supposed to deliver by the paid for time and if it's some business packages, etc. it's super easy to find out when the package was actually delivered. I used to work as an office administrator and know about time sensitive deliveries and how they are tracked, etc..... If Purolator lied they would have been out of business already!
because before afternoon (around 2 pm ) many people called pourlator and they were not able to deliver the correct information, they said delivery guy is still on line, they will trace the package , driver is on the way bla bla....so i have doubt about their time.Only during around 2pm they were able to say that package is delivered .

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
Earlier another forum member blurryface236 commented that s/he saw the Purolator truck drove off the lot around 2:50pm.

January 04, 2016, 02:51:25 pm
Message by blurryface236
Relevance: 70.8%
I just drove to Case Processing Centre-Mississauga and there was only Canada Post there and Purolator was driving out of the parking lot

Apparently no more line ups

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoveran said:
Earlier another forum member blurryface236 commented that s/he saw the Purolator truck drove off the lot around 2:50pm.

January 04, 2016, 02:51:25 pm
Message by blurryface236
Relevance: 70.8%
I just drove to Case Processing Centre-Mississauga and there was only Canada Post there and Purolator was driving out of the parking lot

yes . it looks like Purolator most probably lied about time

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
irinako said:
It's not conspiracy theory. This is fact based. Have a look:

blurryface236 said:
on: January 04, 2016, 02:51:25 pm
So this confirms that Purolator has been there up to 3PM!!!
Possibilities:
1) It has been another Purolator truck or delivery batch
2) The same truck but he was busy entering tracking information for 700 applications from 9:43 to 3pm !
3) They lied about 9:43!