Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
hi all. so I have seen that some people are getting their medicals done after they sent in there apps. does this make it take longer? we are working on getting all of ours ready to send in but we are waiting for my husbands passport to come in so he can go up to Vancover (we live in Seattle Wa) for his medical because it is twice as much to get it here but if we could wait to do his medical we could get the paperwork sent in faster. I guess I want to know if it is better to wait and send it all in at the same time or should we send in the app ASAP and then send in the medical latter. will it take longer to process if we don't send it all at once? we want to get this all past us ASAP so we can get our family all settled up in Canada. Thanks!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merik said:
Omg, Checked my email this morning and i got something i never expected. For four months my status has been application received. now? I got the Passport request. I will be leaving NOW to get the stuff needed to submit this thing. It's nearing and end
Congratulations

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Timemachine said:
Hi all,

this might be a silly question but i've seen people on this thread mentioning RCMP checks. I was under the impression that only the applicant must undergo a police check in the countries they have resided in for more than 6 months...am i totally off on this? Thanks!
I'm one of the ones that mentioned it. I was informed of the RCMP background check only in the context that it's holding up my application. It's requested internally by the office that's treating your application so no, you wouldn't have sent one with your application. I wish it was something that they asked you to get done and then send to them, because I would pay through the nose to just have this done and over with. :-X

Timemachine

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
17-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
I'm one of the ones that mentioned it. I was informed of the RCMP background check only in the context that it's holding up my application. It's requested internally by the office that's treating your application so no, you wouldn't have sent one with your application. I wish it was something that they asked you to get done and then send to them, because I would pay through the nose to just have this done and over with. :-X
Have you lived in canada for more than 6 months in the past? if not, i don't see why an RCMP check would be necessary?

Has anyone else ever had to do an RCMP background check?

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
My husband has been in Canada since September 2009. Our gcms notes had an RCMP check in them that they did themselves, they never asked us to get it done ourselves.

anthrogirl26

Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
07/07/11
File Transfer...
21/03/2011
Med's Done....
08-02-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
PPR today!!!

This has been an agonizing process Im so grateful it is almost over. Hang in there everyone. It will happen for all of us.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
anthrogirl26 said:
PPR today!!!

This has been an agonizing process Im so grateful it is almost over. Hang in there everyone. It will happen for all of us.

congrats, happy you are done with this .

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
anthrogirl26 said:
PPR today!!!

Congrats!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthrogirl26 said:
PPR today!!!

Congrats...Buffalo keep the goodness going!!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Hello All!

I received Buffalo AOR end of August, 2011
My Ecas shows: Application Received on June XX, 2011 (Date arriving Mississauga, Ont.)
Medical Results Have Been Received (Appeared around Oct. 10, 2011)

It's not showing "In Progress". Wondering if they're actually working on it. Anybody who has those 2 lines only on Ecas with the Buffalo office?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats anthrogirl!
anthrogirl26 said:
PPR today!!!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
add another congrats, anthrogirl!!!!!!

TryingToGetHome

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Congrats Anthrogirl26!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's true in general, however the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) NAME check is conducted for any PR applicant that resides or has resided in Canada and is the Canadian version of a police clearance. For most people, it ends at the name check. However if a criminal record is found, they will request a FINGERPRINT check - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp.

Timemachine said:
Hi all,

this might be a silly question but i've seen people on this thread mentioning RCMP checks. I was under the impression that only the applicant must undergo a police check in the countries they have resided in for more than 6 months...am i totally off on this? Thanks!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How close is he to getting his passport from the State Department and how close are you to having the rest of the application complete? I would call the list of DMPs in Vancouver and find out when the earliest appointment date you can get is. I would always recommend sending as much as you possibly can at once. Without knowing the whole story, it seems like the prospect of saving half the cost of the medical and having some peace of mind by sending a complete package is the right way to go and might make up for the delay, if there will be any, of waiting to do it in Vancouver.

mameelynn said:
hi all. so I have seen that some people are getting their medicals done after they sent in there apps. does this make it take longer? we are working on getting all of ours ready to send in but we are waiting for my husbands passport to come in so he can go up to Vancover (we live in Seattle Wa) for his medical because it is twice as much to get it here but if we could wait to do his medical we could get the paperwork sent in faster. I guess I want to know if it is better to wait and send it all in at the same time or should we send in the app ASAP and then send in the medical latter. will it take longer to process if we don't send it all at once? we want to get this all past us ASAP so we can get our family all settled up in Canada. Thanks!