+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

sasrodge

Oct 11, 2017
Mate, I did my medical earlier this week in Melbourne and it cost me roughly $750 via Bupa. Oh well its a necessary evil.

So my Canadian partner got an email confirming that my file was being processed by CPC Mississauga and not being transferred to VO Sydney as expected.

Not sure if this is a good thing but from what I've read, CPC Mississauga have pretty fast processing times.

Anyone else come across this?
Same thing happened to ours. I'm a Canadian and my husband is Australian. Ours was transfered Aug. 29th. We were told it was transfered because its a none complex application but we haven't heard anything else since. Ours is approved from what the people at the call center have told us but we're still waiting on a confirmation of PR. So I'm hoping your right and Mississauga is fast.

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Same thing happened to ours. I'm a Canadian and my husband is Australian. Ours was transfered Aug. 29th. We were told it was transfered because its a none complex application but we haven't heard anything else since. Ours is approved from what the people at the call center have told us but we're still waiting on a confirmation of PR. So I'm hoping your right and Mississauga is fast.
The call center told you yours was approved? Has it been over the 12 month period? Every time we call to get info they always say they can't give personal information unless it's past the normal wait time.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
As much as I've read that's basically how it goes. Once the background check is done they make a decision, so there's not a separate status for BGC approved but no DM. My partner had that email as well, it even had the original received date by CPC-MISS (May 1st) but had the Sydney address at the bottom. Whereas I got the file transfer letter to my email. On ECas it has Sept 12th as the date Sydney started processing it, changed from May 25th before.

Has anyone who applied in May ordered their Immigration notes? We ordered ours 2 weeks ago so I'm curious to see any dates they've written down. Ideally it gets approved before the notes even arrive!
Can you please tell me more about the Immigration notes? How do you go about requesting this/where did you read about it? Thanks!

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Mine got sent to Sydney. When did you submit your application? I posted mine the very end of July. Are you on the 2017 outland spreadsheet? Would be interesting to compare our timeframes having two different offices processing it. Is yours a partner application?

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=515762555
My timeline is:

Category: Outland Spouse - Family Based
Nationality: New Zealand Citizen
Partner nationality: Canadian Citizen
VO: Mississauga
App sent: 26/07/17
App received: 27/07/17
AOR1: 01/09/17
Linked: 01/09/17
Schedule A. Request: 01/09/17
Medical Request: 11/09/17
SA uploaded: 25/09/17
Medical Completed: 27/09/17
AOR2: 30/09/17 (email sent from CIC Canada confirming that my PR application is being reviewed by Mississauga)
Medical Passed: 06/10/17

I'm wondering that if my application is being reviewed by Mississauga, and not Sydney as expected, how would it work with my passport? From what I've read, you need to send in your passport for them to finalise the PR process - I could be wrong?

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
My timeline is:

I'm wondering that if my application is being reviewed by Mississauga, and not Sydney as expected, how would it work with my passport? From what I've read, you need to send in your passport for them to finalise the PR process - I could be wrong?
My understanding is that if you're from a Visa Exempt country (e.g. Australia or NZ) then you only have to send them a copy of your passport and not the original.

Reactions: linnykez

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
I wonder if they still need a copy since the application has copies submitted with it? (I've no idea if the pre-june doc checklist required copies or not)

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
My timeline is:

AOR2: 30/09/17 (email sent from CIC Canada confirming that my PR application is being reviewed by Mississauga)

Our applications are only two days apart so it should be interesting! One of us is going to be really frustrated at some point haha

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I wonder if they still need a copy since the application has copies submitted with it? (I've no idea if the pre-june doc checklist required copies or not)
Yes, you still have to send in a copy even if you included copies with your original application (this has always been a requirement, even pre-June).

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
My timeline is:

I'm a US applicant with a very similar timeline - app received August 2nd, received AOR2 from Mississauga on October 7. Feeling unsure since we don't really know how long it's going to take to process in Mississauga! Apparently it is a good sign, though, because it means our applications are straightforward if they are being kept.

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Can you please tell me more about the Immigration notes? How do you go about requesting this/where did you read about it? Thanks!
The Canadian partner has to request it via the freedom of information act, just google GCMS notes. Takes 30 days or more to get it, we're still waiting. You want the info on your non Canadian partner so they have to sign a consent form. Super easy, $5 all done online.

Last edited:

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
I'm a US applicant with a very similar timeline - app received August 2nd, received AOR2 from Mississauga on October 7. Feeling unsure since we don't really know how long it's going to take to process in Mississauga! Apparently it is a good sign, though, because it means our applications are straightforward if they are being kept.
I keep seeing people post about that, "non complex cases" not being transferred to Sydney. Can you elaborate a bit? Did an immigration lawyer or the call centre tell you this? I'm just confused because I haven't seen any info about this but you're the 2nd person to post something along those lines so I'm wondering where you got that info about it being sent to a local VO versus keeping it in Mississauga.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I keep seeing people post about that, "non complex cases" not being transferred to Sydney. Can you elaborate a bit? Did an immigration lawyer or the call centre tell you this? I'm just confused because I haven't seen any info about this but you're the 2nd person to post something along those lines so I'm wondering where you got that info about it being sent to a local VO versus keeping it in Mississauga.
There are a couple of threads about Mississauga processing floating around the front page of this forum. Check them out - all the info is there (in recent pages). A doc was recently obtained from CIC explaining the project (it's called OB540)

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Found the doc for anyone whose app is in MISS.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob570-stream.513446/

Lots of talk about if you don't meet the criteria (or triage you very low) that they'll just process it normally. So I'm not sure if I'm thankful or not ours is just proceeding as normal at a local VO. Although we had radio silence from June 17(medical approved) till Aug 23 (schedule A and police cert request), so I know the background could take a while in Canada...

clau12

Jul 24, 2017
I’m an August 2016 applicant, my file was transferred to Sydney in September. Medical was passed around the same time in September 2016 but is expired now. I had my interview in February 2017 after that nill progression in our case. Not even eligibility is completed, MP is involved but to no avail. The standard processing time for Sydney is 10 month but our MP was recently told that the standard time is 14 month which we assume will be somewhere in January. One thing for sure, I feel as of we are just numbers not human behind our files. The most frustrating part is lack of information. They sure know how to give applicants the silent treatment. Good luck to all.

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
I’m an August 2016 applicant, my file was transferred to Sydney in September. Medical was passed around the same time in September 2016 but is expired now. I had my interview in February 2017 after that nill progression in our case. Not even eligibility is completed, MP is involved but to no avail. The standard processing time for Sydney is 10 month but our MP was recently told that the standard time is 14 month which we assume will be somewhere in January. One thing for sure, I feel as of we are just numbers not human behind our files. The most frustrating part is lack of information. They sure know how to give applicants the silent treatment. Good luck to all.
Hello, I don't mean to pry but could you give a few more details about your specific case? Seeing 14 months is giving me a panic attack! Is yours a spousal visa? When was yours transferred to Sydney office? Are you the PA or sponsor - as in was the interview done in Sydney? Did they give reasons for requiring one? Which MP is involved? The Canadian one who is in the area of the sponsor?

I'm very confused by your timeline so some more details would help as my partner and I will likely have to move somewhere (he's on a tourist visa in Canada visiting my family) so we can both work because the visa is taking longer than I thought it would.