BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Got my notes this morning and it talks about the requirements for OB570 stream.. anyone know what this means??

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Got my notes this morning and it talks about the requirements for OB570 stream.. anyone know what this means??
Interesting, I have also this OB570 thing on my notes....just searched the forum and found some one else posted:
"It sounds like there might be some new pilot project coming out that has not yet been announced - OB570 refers to Operational Bulletin 570, which doesn't seem to be publicly available (yet)." (author SchnookoLoly).
However, doesnt provide much clarity....

Reactions: Masonb6888

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Interesting, I have also this OB570 thing on my notes....just searched the forum and found some one else posted:
"It sounds like there might be some new pilot project coming out that has not yet been announced - OB570 refers to Operational Bulletin 570, which doesn't seem to be publicly available (yet)." (author SchnookoLoly).
However, doesnt provide much clarity....
I did not see this on my notes, but it did say:"Case held as per CPC-M BACK OFFICE pilot project" in the NOTES section. I wonder if that has anything to do with them starting my background check in Mississauga, which has been saying "in progress" since the end of February. Unfortunately, that didn't help any with speeding up the application process.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I did not see this on my notes, but it did say:"Case held as per CPC-M BACK OFFICE pilot project" in the NOTES section. I wonder if that has anything to do with them starting my background check in Mississauga, which has been saying "in progress" since the end of February. Unfortunately, that didn't help any with speeding up the application process.
That's what people are saying. That its a project.
What bothers me is my eligibility, BGC and what not all say not started. According to Eagle's post this is good. Means they e looked at it and don't have an issue with it. But no where in my notes do I have a paragraph of officer notes like most people. And it doesn't say anything along the lines of "relationship seems genuine" like some other people have.
Maybe because we are common law?? Idk.
Just worried. Not as much now as before though.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
That's what people are saying. That its a project.
What bothers me is my eligibility, BGC and what not all say not started. According to Eagle's post this is good. Means they e looked at it and don't have an issue with it. But no where in my notes do I have a paragraph of officer notes like most people. And it doesn't say anything along the lines of "relationship seems genuine" like some other people have.
Maybe because we are common law?? Idk.
Just worried. Not as much now as before though.
hmmm, Ok, so maybe mine was held back also but I should be happy that they transferrred it to the VO after 4 months.
Mine did not say "relationship seems genuine" either nor did it say "review required". We are common-law also. I guess I will have to wait until my next set of notes arrive, which hopefully will be in about 2 weeks time.

Just keep yourself occupied to make the time go by faster!

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Hey all, just got off the phone with CIC.
I inquired what OB570 meant but also asked if there was a chance I'd be getting an email about being processed in mississauga like everyone else and their mother did this morning. Glad I also asked about that.
the woman told me she asked a higher up and it's basically, like a pilot program, seeing if we can be "processed.... faster" she said if we don't fit the requirements, they'll discard it and go on with the usual process.

I just think that's cool.. it's taken almost seven months for them to decide that.
Here's to hoping less and less every day!

Reactions: gotanswers?

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
FYI: I've requested a copy of OB570 under Access to Information on September 1st.

I'll let you all know when I hear a response.

I'm particularly interested if OB570 stream processing could be interpreted as the Principal Applicant being considered "Eligible to Apply for PR", as that can dramatically speed up Ontario Health Insurance coverage.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
FYI: I've requested a copy of OB570 under Access to Information on September 1st.

I'm particularly interested if OB570 stream processing could be interpreted as the Principal Applicant being considered "Eligible to Apply for PR", as that can dramatically speed up Ontario Health Insurance coverage.
What does it mean when you say the PA is considered "Eligible to Apply for PR"? and why would that speed up OHIP coverage (I don't live in ON, so that doesn't affect me)?

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
What does it mean when you say the PA is considered "Eligible to Apply for PR"? and why would that speed up OHIP coverage (I don't live in ON, so that doesn't affect me)?
Details here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/important-ohip-eligibility-info-for-all-pr-applicants-residing-in-ontario.56695/

One eligible criteria for residency in Ontario for OHIP purposes is:
"Being a person who has submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada to the proper federal government authority, even if the application has not yet been approved, as long as Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that the person meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency in Canada, and the application has not yet been denied"

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017

not very clear "the Principal Applicant being considered "Eligible to Apply for PR" "...means ...You mean it involves a number of criteria the PA must satisfy to be considered eligible to apply? And also I am curious whether they will ever make public this OB570...

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Is it common to make it public via ATIP if it's not intended to be public in the first place?

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
not very clear "the Principal Applicant being considered "Eligible to Apply for PR" "...means ...You mean it involves a number of criteria the PA must satisfy to be considered eligible to apply? And also I am curious whether they will ever make public this OB570...
Exactly, we don't really know what criteria need to be satisfied before being eligible to apply for PR, but OERB can ask CIC for it, so it does exist. Maybe one of you can fill out an ATIP request to ask what CIC's criteria is? There must be a policy somewhere.

Is it common to make it public via ATIP if it's not intended to be public in the first place?
It's all case-by-case. The whole point of ATIP is for the public to be able to find out what the government is up to, regardless of whether they want it to be public or not, just like our GCMS requests. It's not up to CIC to decide whether ATIP releases an OB or other data. It's up to the ATIP department. And even if they decline, it can be appealed.

Lots of juicy info that newspapers get about what the government is up to is from ATIP requests. Corporations also request them to see if/why they didn't get contracts.

They can only decline to provide information if there's a genuine reason for keeping it secret/private: e.g. national security, cabinet confidence, etc.

All ATIP requests are published here: http://open.canada.ca/en/search/ati

There are instances of Operational Bulletins being released. Sometimes "Disclosed in Part", sometimes "All Disclosed".

Here's one completed request:

Request Number: A-2017-13794
Organization: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Disposition: All disclosed/ Divulgation complete

Year: 2017

Month: February

Number of Pages: 4

Request Summary: A copy of the operational Bulletin 595

Make an informal request for: A-2017-13794 (CIC)
Who knows what OB595 is about, but someone must have seen it mentioned somewhere, asked for it, and got it. There's no mention of it anywhere on the internet.

It's worth the $5 to find out rather than debate whether it will be released or not.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It's worth the $5 to find out rather than debate whether it will be released or not.
Definitely, I agree with you. I'm surprised these things are not made public once someone asks for it.. instead of making several people ask for it. I must have done something wrong when I requested by GCMS as I never got them. When after two months I asked to track my GCMS we've never heard anything back again..

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Cross-posting...:
Here's the response to my Access to Information request:
They refused to provide pages 4 and 5, regarding their triage criteria, using an exemption:
16 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
  • (b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;
Which I do not agree with: triage criteria that determines whether an application is complex or not is NOT an investigative technique. Each application undergoes the same scrutiny (and therefore outcome). I will be complaining about this to the Information Commissioner (in addition to my existing complaint for them taking 34 days to complete and then 2 more days to put it in a mailbox)

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
Cross-posting...:
Here's the response to my Access to Information request:
They refused to provide pages 4 and 5, regarding their triage criteria, using an exemption:

Which I do not agree with: triage criteria that determines whether an application is complex or not is NOT an investigative technique. Each application undergoes the same scrutiny (and therefore outcome). I will be complaining about this to the Information Commissioner (in addition to my existing complaint for them taking 34 days to complete and then 2 more days to put it in a mailbox)

Thanks for sharing this! I noticed a lot of people in the "stuck in" Mississauga thread mentioned OB570 and how we were all most likely under it, or speculated that a chunk of us were. However, upon seeing this and what you shared, I no longer think that I am.
I did apply outland, but I reside in Canada with my Canadian common law and I'm American.
So now I no longer know why my application was sent back to VO-Mississauga again for processing from Ottawa's VO.
It'll be 10 months for me the end of October that I received AOR1 and SA shortly after. I'm rattled that I still have no idea why my case is taking so long or stalled in Miss.'s centre. I believe that my application was fairly straightforward and included all the necessities. They haven't asked for anything beyond the background paperwork that was submitted right away in March. Everything has been as "in progress" since April - I'm just at a loss. :(
It does say "Decision Made" for my PR ECAS, but I don't know what to even think of that at this point now that nearly all of the applicants from my month that are also American and outland have already landed practically.