+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OB570 Stream.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for sharing this! I noticed a lot of people in the "stuck in" Mississauga thread mentioned OB570 and how we were all most likely under it, or speculated that a chunk of us were. However, upon seeing this and what you shared, I no longer think that I am.
I did apply outland, but I reside in Canada with my Canadian common law and I'm American.
So now I no longer know why my application was sent back to VO-Mississauga again for processing from Ottawa's VO.
It'll be 10 months for me the end of October that I received AOR1 and SA shortly after. I'm rattled that I still have no idea why my case is taking so long or stalled in Miss.'s centre. I believe that my application was fairly straightforward and included all the necessities. They haven't asked for anything beyond the background paperwork that was submitted right away in March. Everything has been as "in progress" since April - I'm just at a loss. :(
It does say "Decision Made" for my PR ECAS, but I don't know what to even think of that at this point now that nearly all of the applicants from my month that are also American and outland have already landed practically.
When did it change to decision made? That means you're done, all that's left is to send passport info and wait for PR paper!

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Thanks for sharing this! I noticed a lot of people in the "stuck in" Mississauga thread mentioned OB570 and how we were all most likely under it, or speculated that a chunk of us were. However, upon seeing this and what you shared, I no longer think that I am.
I did apply outland, but I reside in Canada with my Canadian common law and I'm American.
So now I no longer know why my application was sent back to VO-Mississauga again for processing from Ottawa's VO.
It'll be 10 months for me the end of October that I received AOR1 and SA shortly after. I'm rattled that I still have no idea why my case is taking so long or stalled in Miss.'s centre. I believe that my application was fairly straightforward and included all the necessities. They haven't asked for anything beyond the background paperwork that was submitted right away in March. Everything has been as "in progress" since April - I'm just at a loss. :(
It does say "Decision Made" for my PR ECAS, but I don't know what to even think of that at this point now that nearly all of the applicants from my month that are also American and outland have already landed practically.
I can't imagine what it's like to be waiting for 10 months considering all the Canadian - American couples who applied last year were getting processed in 4-6 months..
Decision Made means your application has been approved. You may not receive correspondence for a while because there are tons of people who got their DM's in September and still got no PPR's. The speculation is that Mississauga does not issue CoPRs, and Ottawa is backlogged, so all the apps are in a queue for PPRs in Ottawa.
It's been a long wait for you but this is the last step. PPR is the last bit of waiting you'll have to do.

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
When did it change to decision made? That means you're done, all that's left is to send passport info and wait for PR paper!
I don't know when it changed to DM exactly since I never checked ECAS till October 13th, the day I saw that it showed as "Decision Made" for my PR application. Do you know if there has ever been any record of someone receiving DM after medical approval/passing and still being refused 10 months after AOR?

I AM going to the border tomorrow to have my visitor visa renewed and the officers said that they could review the notes to say what the DM is for my PR. Today I'm just super anxious!

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
I can't imagine what it's like to be waiting for 10 months considering all the Canadian - American couples who applied last year were getting processed in 4-6 months..
Decision Made means your application has been approved. You may not receive correspondence for a while because there are tons of people who got their DM's in September and still got no PPR's. The speculation is that Mississauga does not issue CoPRs, and Ottawa is backlogged, so all the apps are in a queue for PPRs in Ottawa.
It's been a long wait for you but this is the last step. PPR is the last bit of waiting you'll have to do.
Thanks for this hopeful response! I hope to heck that you're right!
Seeing so many other US/Canadian couples getting confirmation so quickly, even from months after I applied (DEC 2016), has been making me neurotic and anxious as ever ha.

Do you know if anyone has had meds approved, sponsorship approved, been 10 months in with decision made status, and still been refused? It's not that I'm assuming the worst, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Thanks for this hopeful response! I hope to heck that you're right!
Seeing so many other US/Canadian couples getting confirmation so quickly, even from months after I applied (DEC 2016), has been making me neurotic and anxious as ever ha.

Do you know if anyone has had meds approved, sponsorship approved, been 10 months in with decision made status, and still been refused? It's not that I'm assuming the worst, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much.
From what you said, your application is pretty straight forward and uncomplicated. At this stage there would have to be a very serious issue for CIC to reject an application. Unreported criminal offence, default of a previous undertaking - stuff like that.
I'd say with 99.99% confidence that your application is approved. If you're very worried, you can try giving a call to CIC and asking the agents, sometimes they can tell what the decision is. If the agent refuses to say what the decision is, you can try calling again - some of them are very lazy, and some really go out of their way trying to help you :)

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
From what you said, your application is pretty straight forward and uncomplicated. At this stage there would have to be a very serious issue for CIC to reject an application. Unreported criminal offence, default of a previous undertaking - stuff like that.
I'd say with 99.99% confidence that your application is approved. If you're very worried, you can try giving a call to CIC and asking the agents, sometimes they can tell what the decision is. If the agent refuses to say what the decision is, you can try calling again - some of them are very lazy, and some really go out of their way trying to help you :)
Without an interview and ever requesting further documents I can't see why they would reject it either. good luck, let us know how it goes at the border... tempted to go to the border just to see mine now :D

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
Without an interview and ever requesting further documents I can't see why they would reject it either. good luck, let us know how it goes at the border... tempted to go to the border just to see mine now :D
I definitely will update on here with how it goes so that maybe it can be added to others' frame of reference!
You can also call the border crossings if you're lucky enough to get their numbers - however, they're generally grumpy over the phone in my experience, but you can always get ahold of them whereas the general CIC/IRCC number is hit or miss.

I avoid calling the border numbers though because despite them answering my questions, it's alwaysss been begrudgingly. o_O

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I definitely will update on here with how it goes so that maybe it can be added to others' frame of reference!
You can also call the border crossings if you're lucky enough to get their numbers - however, they're generally grumpy over the phone in my experience, but you can always get ahold of them whereas the general CIC/IRCC number is hit or miss.

I avoid calling the border numbers though because despite them answering my questions, it's alwaysss been begrudgingly. o_O
Wait, you call them to give you updates on your case? A backup call center? :D Plenty of poutine for you in the future!

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
Wait, you call them to give you updates on your case? A backup call center? :D Plenty of poutine for you in the future!
Haha, I was given the Peace Arch number by an officer before to use regarding some permit problems.
I had to use it several times a couple years ago due to some changes in the study permit program at the time.
I'm resisting the temptation to for my PR stuff. :D

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
UPDATE

I wasn't able to find out any new information on my PR case, despite multiple officers having told me that they'd be able to let me know since it already shows as "Decision Made." Regardless, the officer did issue me a new visitor permit. He seemed relatively new, either to the job or location, so he didn't seem to want to divulge anything and was very rigid...so it goes ha.

I'm hoping that since they GENERALLY do review GCMS notes upon permit requests, that since nothing came up to prevent him from issuing me a new visitor permit/record, that it means everything is going well in general. I have it valid till April, which will be well beyond the allotted 12 month period, so I'm at least happy there! :D

Now back to waiting... :(

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
UPDATE

I wasn't able to find out any new information on my PR case, despite multiple officers having told me that they'd be able to let me know since it already shows as "Decision Made." Regardless, the officer did issue me a new visitor permit. He seemed relatively new, either to the job or location, so he didn't seem to want to divulge anything and was very rigid...so it goes ha.

I'm hoping that since they GENERALLY do review GCMS notes upon permit requests, that since nothing came up to prevent him from issuing me a new visitor permit/record, that it means everything is going well in general. I have it valid till April, which will be well beyond the allotted 12 month period, so I'm at least happy there! :D

Now back to waiting... :(
It sounds like it's almost over for you! I hope to be there as well. Just keep waiting!
are you in BC? cause you said the peach arch

PoutinePlease

Oct 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
It sounds like it's almost over for you! I hope to be there as well. Just keep waiting!
are you in BC? cause you said the peach arch
Yes, I'm in BC. Are you BC based as well?
I tried calling the IRCC/CIC number a few times today. How do you end up in a queue on their phone line? Every time I follow through the prompts it just says, 'no agent is available right' now and hangs up on me - mostly frustrating because it takes about 3-5 minutes to get to that point each time.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I tried calling the IRCC/CIC number a few times today. How do you end up in a queue on their phone line? Every time I follow through the prompts it just says, 'no agent is available right' now and hangs up on me - mostly frustrating because it takes about 3-5 minutes to get to that point each time.
Calling at 5am our Time hah. Yes I’m in Victoria.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You pretty much have to call at the crack of dawn unfortunately