10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
AFP check

Just met another Aussie in Ottawa who got his spouse visa in 5 months!!!
do we have to get finger prints as well or just the check? cause i can see on the afp website its 2 different things

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Hey kiwias, Ive done the medical both in Canada (previous visa) and Australia, and Canada was hundreds of dollars cheaper and way more accessible (bupa are a joke)
Mate, I did my medical earlier this week in Melbourne and it cost me roughly $750 via Bupa. Oh well its a necessary evil.

So my Canadian partner got an email confirming that my file was being processed by CPC Mississauga and not being transferred to VO Sydney as expected.

Not sure if this is a good thing but from what I've read, CPC Mississauga have pretty fast processing times.

Anyone else come across this?

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Please find below my timeline for Express Entry:
FSW - O (applying from New Zealand) with 2 applicants / CRS: 511
ITA 2 August 2017
AOR 29 August 2017

Please note: I did my medicals upfront (before AOR) and also paid all fees upfront.
  • We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
  • The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any ideas on the current processing times for the Sydney visa office?

Thanks guys :)

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
Mate, I did my medical earlier this week in Melbourne and it cost me roughly $750 via Bupa. Oh well its a necessary evil.

So my Canadian partner got an email confirming that my file was being processed by CPC Mississauga and not being transferred to VO Sydney as expected.

Not sure if this is a good thing but from what I've read, CPC Mississauga have pretty fast processing times.

i wonder if ur a member of bupa it could be cheaper?

cause i am top cover

mike06

Jun 5, 2017

Mine got sent to Sydney. When did you submit your application? I posted mine the very end of July. Are you on the 2017 outland spreadsheet? Would be interesting to compare our timeframes having two different offices processing it. Is yours a partner application?

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=515762555

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017

My partner (PA) had a medical request and his schedule A request all from CPC Mississauga. About 2 weeks after submitting his schedule A/police certificates etc I (sponsor) got an email saying our application was being sent to the Sydney office. From what I understand, a foreign visa office MUST do the final paperwork and send out the passport request. So although CPC Mississauga may be doing the criminality and security checks your application will eventually get sent to a foreign VO (or Ottawa is counted as foreign as it does all the USA apps) who will then request the passport for the PPR.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? November 1st will be 6 months for us, and as I said the medical and schedule A are done/submitted and we've paid all fees upfront. His online profile still says they haven't started his background check yet though, but I think it goes right from "We will contact you when your background check starts" to "we will send you a message when a decision is made" and then the PPR/passport request is sent out pretty soon afterwards.

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Some people on here from Australia have had their background check done in Canada. I guess its just dependant on the work load of each office. The sponsor approvals are obviously done in Canada though.

Reactions: linnykez

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Mine got sent to Sydney. When did you submit your application? I posted mine the very end of July. Are you on the 2017 outland spreadsheet? Would be interesting to compare our timeframes having two different offices processing it. Is yours a partner application?

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=515762555
Hey,

I'm having difficulty reading the spreadsheet, I'm trying to see the average processing times for the Sydney office. I posted our info above to be added to the spreadsheet but haven't been added yet, who manages this?

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Hey,

I'm having difficulty reading the spreadsheet, I'm trying to see the average processing times for the Sydney office. I posted our info above to be added to the spreadsheet but haven't been added yet, who manages this?
When I added myself it took a day or two and then it appeared. No idea who manages it. There aren't enough Australians on there to get average processing times for Sydney but click on VO Summary tab. AOR2 is as far as anyone has gotten on that or they have stopped updating their progress at least, one of the two. Probably benefit people applying next year more than us but it will be interesting to compare. Be cool if it had 2016's as well on it.

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
When I added myself it took a day or two and then it appeared. No idea who manages it. There aren't enough Australians on there to get average processing times for Sydney but click on VO Summary tab. AOR2 is as far as anyone has gotten on that or they have stopped updating their progress at least, one of the two. Probably benefit people applying next year more than us but it will be interesting to compare. Be cool if it had 2016's as well on it.
I found this, but it seems like kind of a mess: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQFdDeeLRGrdl_DzlAumwv6nyz-oprHo5rU1bGdDdqs

Still not helpful for the Sydney office in particular. Just to clarify, the AOR2 is the email about which visa office your application is sent to, yes? As I said we're about 110 days after AOR1 (when the application started to be in process) and I'm just wanting to confirm that we're waiting on decision to be made, as they don't really tell you your criminal/security check results- it seems they just complete it and then approve/deny it.

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
I found this, but it seems like kind of a mess: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQFdDeeLRGrdl_DzlAumwv6nyz-oprHo5rU1bGdDdqs

Still not helpful for the Sydney office in particular. Just to clarify, the AOR2 is the email about which visa office your application is sent to, yes? As I said we're about 110 days after AOR1 (when the application started to be in process) and I'm just wanting to confirm that we're waiting on decision to be made, as they don't really tell you your criminal/security check results- it seems they just complete it and then approve/deny it.
Yeah mine looked the same as aor1 email but at the bottom had the Sydney embassy address. I'm at that stage too sorry so I couldn't comment on what your next stage is but you could maybe try logging into ecas? I don't know what the difference is between it and the other login on cic website but mine shows different dates and information. Also has an info page showing the different stages and pretty much says it goes from in progress to decision made. Not sure how it goes in reality thougj

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Yeah mine looked the same as aor1 email but at the bottom had the Sydney embassy address. I'm at that stage too sorry so I couldn't comment on what your next stage is but you could maybe try logging into ecas? I don't know what the difference is between it and the other login on cic website but mine shows different dates and information. Also has an info page showing the different stages and pretty much says it goes from in progress to decision made. Not sure how it goes in reality thougj

As much as I've read that's basically how it goes. Once the background check is done they make a decision, so there's not a separate status for BGC approved but no DM. My partner had that email as well, it even had the original received date by CPC-MISS (May 1st) but had the Sydney address at the bottom. Whereas I got the file transfer letter to my email. On ECas it has Sept 12th as the date Sydney started processing it, changed from May 25th before.

Has anyone who applied in May ordered their Immigration notes? We ordered ours 2 weeks ago so I'm curious to see any dates they've written down. Ideally it gets approved before the notes even arrive!