+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THE DELAYS, KINDLY READ THIS THREAD POSTED BY QORAX! IT EXPLAINS SCENARIOS THE BEST.

qorax
VIP Member

Ratings: +1128

What is BF'D ? --EXPLAINED >>>
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:47 am »
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
HERE'S ANOTHER ONE, MUCH SIMPLER EXPLANATION.

Airman 21
Star Member

Ratings: +5

Re: Thread for LC2 PR Applicants - CIC manila
« Reply #627 on: June 26, 2010, 05:30:00 am »
Hi guys I got an interesting topic here, hope it helps: from iarblue

Hi everyone.I had dinner with a friend i knew she worked for immigration Canada but just found out she lived in Toronto recently via a search on facebook.So we went out for dinner to catch up.I knew her from Nova Scotia years ago.
So i did quiz her a lot,and got a lot of ansewrs to everything i asked but the most interesting was,when i asked her about why it takes such a long time for some more than others in the same office and both have pretty straight forward apps.
Like i have been saying for a bit about the revisit date was the biggest thing.She said each office gives different revisit dates.One office might give a two week date other offices a month date.So if you are wondering why your ap is taking longer than someone elses but you both applied around the same time at the same visa office.Her answer was if one applicant forgot one document,and the visa office has to send a request for that document,they send the letter and put the file back in the file cabinet with a revisit date,two weeks to a month.When they look in the computer to see whos app is next,it pops up a file number and go get that file to proceed on it.So if your revist date is June 30th and the IO goes into the computer on June 30th your file number pops up,it says docs requested then the IO looks to see if the docs are now in the file.They examine the docs,if it is a medical redue they have to get the results from the medical office just like they did the first time.If it is a new police report they have to send it to the security office that does the police reports and wait back for the results.So now again your file goes into the file cabinet again with a new revisit date to wait for the results from the medical office or the security office.
So you can see why it takes longer for some than others.I told her well thats where Mississauga is not doing their job at all.Because they are the ones who are suppose to check to see if all is in the app before it goes to the visa office correct?Well thats not all that true either.Mississauga checks to see if the key points are signed by parties and if the app includes the pages that are suppose to be there.And they check to make sure fees are paid.
She said if Mississauga was to check each page of every app it would be 6 months before it was sent to the visa office.
And of course she said marriages of convienece are more proned from certain countries than others hense the different process times.And security checks take longer in some offices than others as they out source that part.
I ask what was th emain reason for refusals,she said not enough proof,she said even if you went to another country to get married and you had to leave not long after the marriage take a lot of pictures in the time you do have,of everything,even if you went to the mall together snap photos of it.They want to see you doing things together no mater how small it is.If you go for dinner,snap pictures of you eating together,if your on a bus in a car snap pictures.
I asked if they read emails and look at the photos,read letters,she said that is one of the biggest and most time consuming part.They do read your emails,they do read letters from family and friends,and for contact after the wedding,cards for holidays birthdays,and what ever else.They want to see emails that you are still talking after the marriage.
There was so much more but i could type for days.
But the main thing was to find out why apps take longer than others.
I hope this helps some people who are wondering why someone on here has got their PPR and you didnt but you applied with in days of eachother in the same visa office.

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
congrax girmi
Girmi said:
My Hubby got his visa AS WELL !!! SOO EXCITED FOR HIM TO COME TO CANADA : ) :)

FINALLY ITS TIME ! ;D ;D ;D

jacksparrow90

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Girmi said:
THANK YOU :)
JUST WANNA UPDATE ITS BEEN 5 WEEKS I M WAITING FOR PPR..... MY APP REACHED N DELHI 5TH JUNE......I NOTICED IN THE TABLE MADE BY GWALYAT.... THAT GUYS WHO FILED AFTER 15TH APRIL ....THEY ALL ARE WAITING FOR PPR EXCEPT ONE ........ ANY COMMENTS .. GUYS...

CMON ND ... MAY GOD BLESS US ALL ......

@ girmi... congrats... GL......

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
thanks for this great info it is much appreciated.
As you said that they start processing the file as soon as they receive the additional documents else they will wait for the due date to re open the file however my documents were delivered no 20th June and deadline was 7th august but still my file is showin in process. Any ideas ?
mapledreams said:
TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THE DELAYS, KINDLY READ THIS THREAD POSTED BY QORAX! IT EXPLAINS SCENARIOS THE BEST.

qorax
VIP Member

Ratings: +1128

What is BF'D ? --EXPLAINED >>>
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:47 am »
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax

greymatter

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
AOR Received.
24-04-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2011
Congrats! Also having applied in March, your timeline gives me hope that I will hear something soon. I seem to be approximately 10 days behind you.

Girmi said:
My Hubby got his visa AS WELL !!! SOO EXCITED FOR HIM TO COME TO CANADA : ) :)

FINALLY ITS TIME ! ;D ;D ;D

vik_56in

Feb 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-03-2011,dlvrd-29-03-2011
AOR Received.
01-02-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Passport Req..
02-05-2011,pp dlvrd--12-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2011
LANDED..........
waiting..........................
Thank You mapledreams,
It was a very useful link.Now Iam left wondering what could be the reason in my case since it is 7th month in my case in ND.Mine is a straightforward and simple case atleast from my view.

S

shraddha.abhi

vik_56in said:
shraddha abhi,
So another unnecessarily prolonged case from CHC,ND.My spouse too had a phone screening on April,14th.On 12th May the pp was delivered.Its now my 7th month at ND.
Yess i think it may take few more days in my case amy be coz still i m in process n now news my medical is getting expired in sept hope fully things will workout before it. ????

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
shraddha.abhi said:
Yess i think it may take few more days in my case amy be coz still i m in process n now news my medical is getting expired in sept hope fully things will workout before it. ????
Sharaddha,
These timelines apply to spousal sponsorships.. All the memebers in this thread are sponsoring their spouses under family class. I believe you applied under FSW??? The process is totally different and takes much longer for FSW.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
shraddha.abhi said:
You do not look like a regular sponsorship process applicant.

which is, Hubby is in Canada and is sponsoring his wife from India. This is the priority CAT within 6 months is the SLA from CHC ND.

Do let us know what CAT you are applying, if both of you are applying at the same time for PR this thread can not be a guide for your timelines.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011

Confused2011

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-05-2019
Doc's Request.
14-11-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
File Transfer...
05-10-2019
Med's Request
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
29-07-2019
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2020
LANDED..........
14-06-2020
fprince said:
WTF is DNT ;D
..it's raining in Inida, the weather is romantic..he's with his wife..u know where he is and what he's up to..lol

divren

May 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011 (ND received on 22-03-2011)
Med's Done....
30-12-2010
Passport Req..
29-03-2011 (ND received on 7-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2011 (DM on eCAS)
Hey nddec,

Good to see that your case is moving and you'll soon receive your visa.

Could you please provide me more info, what is the long story and what explanation did they give on why the medicals were not attached earlier. This could be my case also as I have never seen "Medicals received" line in my ecas status. My husband got in touch with the MP but the person who handles these cases is on vacation and will return next week.

nddec said:
Hi,

According to my MP my medicals have gone into processing today, they were attached to the file today after a 6 long months (its a long story). and today, the address showing on my ecas page disappeared.
Does that mean anything? Are these 2 connected?
What happens next??