+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

akrk

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2010
File Transfer...
7th Sep 2010
Passport Req..
24th Sep 2010
ariell said:
If your parents are supporting your wife financially, then you are better off getting a notarized letter from your parents attesting to this rather than writing a letter yourself.

The number of questions that the visa office is asking is not typical. Unfortunately, the fact that they are asking you so many questions at this point leads me to believe that they are questioning the genuineness of your relationship so I would do everything that you can to convince them otherwise. The fact that you have, it seems, no proof of contact with your wife and no photos after your marriage is not a good sign and will naturally lead the IO to be suspicious. If I were you, I would:

* Send whatever proof of contact that you have. As suggested, try to see if you can get a record of your phone calls to each other. If you are unable to get this and have no proof of contact then I would write a letter explaining this.
* photocopy all pages of your passport. My guess is that they want to see when you visited your wife and confirm that you are currently in Canada.
* send a notarized letter from your parents that they are supporting your wife financially
* send any photos of the 2 of you together after your marriage even if you didn't go on a honeymoon.

Good luck
Thanks a lto ariell for your valuable feedback.
I will ask my father to write a letter stating that they are supporting my spouse as of now.

Question for you pls - What is a notarized letter ? Is it a letter that a notary stamps or is it something notary writes and the person signs it. I am kinda confused with affidavit and notarized letter..

adihanda

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011 (FBI again requested)
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
File Transfer...
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-02-2011 (Expected)
any updates guys????

What has happened to ND embassy??

applied03

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Passport Req..
08-12-2010 rec on 11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011 rec on 12-02-2011
ND seems to be silent like if they have decided not to work for the people like us who are anxiously waiting to be with their loved ones..................come on delhi show some updates..............

sim85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i kno its going really sloww...n m soo worried abt my case now..i jus noticed today that my police clearance certificate is expiring on 10 dec..i hope its done before that..:(

bhartha

Oct 6, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010
File Transfer...
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I am very sad today, its been 42 days and still no sign of PP coming back. I feel so let down by ND, they do not even reply to my emails.

Bharath

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
sim85 said:
i kno its going really sloww...n m soo worried abt my case now..i jus noticed today that my police clearance certificate is expiring on 10 dec..i hope its done before that..:(
IT shouldn't matter at all, since the PCC should not be expired at the time you have submitted the application. Any document minus the medical is considered expired if it has been issued 3 months prior to the date of submitting the application.

They cannot request you the PCC again since it was fine when you submitted the application. I am seeing some great news for you either this tuesday or next Sim, cause if you see the pattern, people who have had international travel took about 3 months to be processed after PPR. Your three months are due by this month end. So you are awaiting good news VERY soon indeed!

All the best:)

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
bhartha said:
Hello Guys,

I am very sad today, its been 42 days and still no sign of PP coming back. I feel so let down by ND, they do not even reply to my emails.

Bharath
Hello, my and your time lines are pretty much similar. I havent heard back anything from them either. When i sent in an inquiry they said my file is pending initial review. I wanted for them to confirm the receipt of my pp, they din say anything about that. Did you hear back from them at all? Also, I have travelled internationally, has your spouse travelled internationally as well? I am not sure if that will delay the process.

Anyway, we will keep faith and hope for everything to go on smoothly for us and see our PPs very soon back too.

bhartha

Oct 6, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010
File Transfer...
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
@Guptash,

3 Months for people who have taken international travel after ppr? This is not good news at all, having a very bad day indeed.

Bharath

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Hellooo everyone esp. new members! Great to see activity on this thread! First of, please bear with me and speak out loud when you read this >>>> PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!

Guys, Per my timeline, it took me almost 3 months to receive my PP back with visa. After submitting PP on July 21st (delivered to CHC - ND next day), I got a phone call on Aug 21st asking for US FBI Police Clearance which I submitted on Sept. 1st ( delivered to them next day). Finally got the Visa on Oct. 16th. (Issued on Oct. 11th). They did not respond to my only email sent to them on the last week of Sept. notifying my wife's change of address and requesting them for an update. And by the way, as most of you know already, this was my 2nd application since our first app. got rejected in January (applied in June last yr.)! You guys are so much better off than most of others!! Think of it this way, you will be leaving soon so make the most of your time there, spend quality time with friends/family cz this time won't come back too. You will agree with me more on this when you land :)

My apology for not logging in earlier. My TO DO list keeps getting longer by every passing minute! But its been exciting and fun so far! Settling in nicely and comfortably. We are in a fun area - Mississauga, Square One. Its been exactly one month today since I landed. Been a roller coaster ride since then. The Public Transport System is excellent here! Landed on Friday, hopped on to a bus on Monday to get my SIN from the nearest Service Canada office! Got my US Driving License exchanged for an Ontario License last week. Right now, the focus is Job Search. Getting in touch with Recruiters, agencies and attending workshops! Will keep you all posted but PM me if you have any questions and I will gladly reply at the earliest as I receive an email notification.

Oh yaa, don't worry about PCC getting expired. It should be valid (should've been issued within 3 months) when you submit it!

And even I had significant Int. travel history, but don't bother unless you've been to a war-torn or highly unstable country. Ex: some of the african or Middle-eastern nations. Good Luck all! Hope this helps!

bhartha

Oct 6, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010
File Transfer...
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
@Guptash,

Yeah, My wife has traveled to a few places in Europe. I strongly believe that traveling aboard has nothing to do with the delay. But, as days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months..everybody is entitled to their own speculation for the delay..and I am no different.

Cheers,
Bharath

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akrk said:
Thanks a lto ariell for your valuable feedback.
I will ask my father to write a letter stating that they are supporting my spouse as of now.

Question for you pls - What is a notarized letter ? Is it a letter that a notary stamps or is it something notary writes and the person signs it. I am kinda confused with affidavit and notarized letter..
Hi akrk
A notarized letter is a letter which after written is taken to a legal official (typically a notary public) who would witness its singing and then affix their seal to the letter. The notary confirms that the signature is actually that of the person who signs the letter which means that your parents will need to bring in the unsigned letter and then sign in front of the notary. You can see more details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notarized I'm not sure what city your parents are in but I think they should be able to ask at the city courthouse.

akrk

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Aug 2010
File Transfer...
7th Sep 2010
Passport Req..
24th Sep 2010
Welcome back to this thread Xyrus... Hope you are enjoying the Toronto's relatively warmer weather.. before it gets colder and snow starts as in other provinces.

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
applied03 said:
ND seems to be silent like if they have decided not to work for the people like us who are anxiously waiting to be with their loved ones..................come on delhi show some updates..............
Yes, am also feeling bad. But I heard for some1 similar to our timeline, ND called the person and asked for some more docs 10days back, it means that the file is opened. But eCas still hasnt updated the status to In Process. Hope ours also are in a similar position. We just ve to wait.. wait :(

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
bhartha said:
@ Guptash,

Yeah, My wife has traveled to a few places in Europe. I strongly believe that traveling aboard has nothing to do with the delay. But, as days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months..everybody is entitled to their own speculation for the delay..and I am no different.

Cheers,
Bharath
If that is true my friend, no one is happier than I am! I am pumped! I just hope your words are for real!!!

We will be more than fine very soon!! Chin up!!!

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
xyrus said:
Hellooo everyone esp. new members! Great to see activity on this thread! First of, please bear with me and speak out loud when you read this >>>> PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!

Guys, Per my timeline, it took me almost 3 months to receive my PP back with visa. After submitting PP on July 21st (delivered to CHC - ND next day), I got a phone call on Aug 21st asking for US FBI Police Clearance which I submitted on Sept. 1st ( delivered to them next day). Finally got the Visa on Oct. 16th. (Issued on Oct. 11th). They did not respond to my only email sent to them on the last week of Sept. notifying my wife's change of address and requesting them for an update. And by the way, as most of you know already, this was my 2nd application since our first app. got rejected in January (applied in June last yr.)! You guys are so much better off than most of others!! Think of it this way, you will be leaving soon so make the most of your time there, spend quality time with friends/family cz this time won't come back too. You will agree with me more on this when you land :)

My apology for not logging in earlier. My TO DO list keeps getting longer by every passing minute! But its been exciting and fun so far! Settling in nicely and comfortably. We are in a fun area - Mississauga, Square One. Its been exactly one month today since I landed. Been a roller coaster ride since then. The Public Transport System is excellent here! Landed on Friday, hopped on to a bus on Monday to get my SIN from the nearest Service Canada office! Got my US Driving License exchanged for an Ontario License last week. Right now, the focus is Job Search. Getting in touch with Recruiters, agencies and attending workshops! Will keep you all posted but PM me if you have any questions and I will gladly reply at the earliest as I receive an email notification.

Oh yaa, don't worry about PCC getting expired. It should be valid (should've been issued within 3 months) when you submit it!

And even I had significant Int. travel history, but don't bother unless you've been to a war-torn or highly unstable country. Ex: some of the african or Middle-eastern nations. Good Luck all! Hope this helps!
Thanks much Xyrus! PATIENCE IS VIRTUE!!! *sits in meditation* :D