+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
vengat83 said:
HEYYYYYYYY

My wife got a call from ND today.
A lady, with indian accent, spoke on the phone, and clearly explained why she called.

She informed my wife that our PR is approved and they will stamp the visa and send it to us and we should be getting it in a week or 10 days.
She told she made the call only to confirm that if my wife can travel before july 07, our medical expiry.

She even told that, they told my MP yesterday that it is still in process. But today they made the decision.

Our anniversary is on 20-june, even if she cant make it before that, we are happy that atlast we have a good news to celebrate!!!!

Thanks to the God Almighty !!!!!

All the best to those who are waiting !

Congrats !!!! Congrats !!!!

I am very Happy for you.

All the Best !!

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
arpit123 said:
Thanks for the response that really gave me a clear picture..anybody else has the same case as of mine and is an Indian citizen who can advise me on this.
Hi Arpit123,

I m in the same situation as yours. I m an Indian (Principal Applicant) living and working in the UAE. I received PPR (Passport Request) from New Delhi visa office on 17th April '12. Then, I sent and email to them stating the reasons, why I m not able to submit my passport. And requested to issue another PPR at the final stage of the process. (when they are ready to issue visa)

On 5th May '12, I received and email from New Delhi VO, which goes like this,

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

If you are currently outside of India, or have upcoming or frequent travel outside of India, you are not required to submit your passport at this time. However, if you are not submitting your passport with the other items requested, you must submit a letter explaining why you are unable to submit your passport. When the processing of your application has reached the final review stage, we will send you a second request letter. Once you receive this letter, you must submit your passport by the date specified, failing which your application may be refused.

Please note that waiting for a second passport request will delay the completion of processing of your application.

Your visa can only be issued by the visa office where your application is in process and cannot be transferred to Canada or any other visa office for visa issuance. As well, Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier.

Once you submit your passport, you will need to provide a mailing address in India to which your passport can be returned by Registered mail after your visa is issued. If that address is different than the address currently on your file, you will need to submit an original letter, signed by you, requesting a change of address. A trusted friend, relative, or agent may send, through the secure means outlined above, from within India, your passport to our office on your behalf. However, please note that it is your responsibility to send the passports to our office in adherence with international law and within the deadline which we have given you for such submission.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

After this email, I have not heard from them. Hope that they have started my application process (In Process). But my ecas status shows 'Application Received'.

Hope this information helps.

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
vengat83 said:
HEYYYYYYYY

A lady, with indian accent, spoke on the phone, and clearly explained why she called.

She informed my wife that our PR is approved and they will stamp the visa and send it to us and we should be getting it in a week or 10 days.
She told she made the call only to confirm that if my wife can travel before july 07, our medical expiry.

She even told that, they told my MP yesterday that it is still in process. But today they made the decision.

Our anniversary is on 20-june, even if she cant make it before that, we are happy that atlast we have a good news to celebrate!!!!

Wow congrats man....finally u made it, either way ur wife got visa happy to hear.

Hey can u plz ask ur wife number which she received call from ND VO, my wife received a call 2weeks ago but missed it. Just wanted to check whether both the numbers r same.

chinthu3k

Aug 23, 2011
mountain_pirate said:
Mine went in Process on June 5 but I still haven't received my PPR. My application was received on Jan 19 and I was approved as a sponsor and file forwarded to VO on April 5.
Thank you Pirate.

Have you had interaction with other members in similar situation. We seem to be minority here.

arpit123

Jun 11, 2012
Hey fadil thanks for the response. did you apply for the change of address? On second request you will have to send the passport directly to CHC ND and after visa has issued they will send it back to the address you have provided in INDIA right?

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
Congratulations Vengat83 !!!

Advance wishes for your Wedding Anniversary too...
vengat83 said:
HEYYYYYYYY

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
arpit123 said:
Hey fadil thanks for the response. did you apply for the change of address? On second request you will have to send the passport directly to CHC ND and after visa has issued they will send it back to the address you have provided in INDIA right?
Hi arpit123,

I dint apply for the change of address. As they mentioned, the second request would be the final review stage, i m thinking of traveling to India and then send the passport by DHL, Bluedart or Registered post. Because, CHC ND don't accept the passport in hand.

Yes, I will be send a letter along with my passport, stating my home address in India. So that they can send back the passport.

arpit123

Jun 11, 2012
fadil80 said:
Hi arpit123,

I dint apply for the change of address. As they mentioned, the second request would be the final review stage, i m thinking of traveling to India and then send the passport by DHL, Bluedart or Registered post. Because, CHC ND don't accept the passport in hand.

Yes, I will be send a letter along with my passport, stating my home address in India. So that they can send back the passport.

Hey fadil thanks for the reply, yes that information helps me a lot. Keep me posted about your status and will do the same.

arpit123

Jun 11, 2012
Has anybody sent their passport from US or any other country to CHC ND ,India after receiving the PPR through Fedex or UPS or anyother means.??

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
chinthu3k said:
Thank you Pirate.

Have you had interaction with other members in similar situation. We seem to be minority here.
I know one person, in real life, who had similar experience. His went 'In Process' on May 5th and they asked for his passport a couple of weeks later. I think he finally sent it in early June as there were strikes in Kathmandu disrupting courier services. I'll call him today and ask if there's been any news. I knew of another person who had similar timelines but already got the passport back. Both of them were Nepalese nationals.

CIC has regional embassies that process immigration papers. ND, for eg, handles Nepal and Bhutan as well. So, for non-Indians they wait till the final stages before asking for passport. With Indians, I'm finding they usually get their PPRs within two weeks. I'm assuming if you're an India, but your mailing address is outside India, they might wait to ask you for your passport as well.

What I am finding it whether they ask you for your passport within two/three weeks, it takes a while to get into process and the decision made subsequently takes longer. If your application goes into 'In process' before and you get a PPR only couple of months after the transfer, the decision made part is relatively quicker. They scenarios add up to similar totals.

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
vengat83 said:
E-cas still shows in process...

The lady on the phone from ND told my wife that the system usually gets updated only after a week.
Many Congratulations!!!! happy for you.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
vengat83 said:
HEYYYYYYYY

Congrats Vengat83...Finally the long is over huh??? Must be so much relieved.

Enjoy the moment.

Cheers,
Srini

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
vengat83 said:
HEYYYYYYYY

CONGRATS !!! phew.

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
vengat83 said:
HEYYYYYYYY

Congrts Vengat, finally the wait is over. :) happy for u sir

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
vengat83 said:
E-cas still shows in process...

The lady on the phone from ND told my wife that the system usually gets updated only after a week.
One thing i didn't understand why ND VO has to wait until we approach MP and then they take decision. Why can't they take decision before we push them in some other way....