+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
Congratulations!!!
whizbee said:
Hey guys!

My husband got approved as the sponsor today. Can someone update my info on the spreadsheet? Thaaanksssss. :D :D

Also, according to CIC my application reached on the 19th not 18th so can that be corrected too?

Doctor2011

Mar 27, 2012
Finally ND sent email today,last one was on 12 dec for ppr...thats after 4 months..They scheduled an interview on 15th may 2012..Hope will get visa soon...

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
That was really fast... Congratulations!!!
indian_spouse said:
Hi All!!

just wanted to get added on the spreadsheet.
AOR fm CIC-M- 16th mar, Approval- 16th Mar;PPR fm new delhi- 27th Mar!

here's wishing everyone all the very best!!!!!

it's a big help in staying sane, following this discussion board.
God bless us all!
warm regards!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Doctor2011 said:
Finally ND sent email today,last one was on 12 dec for ppr...thats after 4 months..They scheduled an interview on 15th may 2012..Hope will get visa soon...
Hey doctor..Can you pls share your story

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hey singh first off don’t get overly concerned. The officer won’t drill u like u see in those Bollywood movies. You can do the interview in ur native language if u are not comfortable in English. Secondly, they just want to hear it from you why you guys got married cause this is not a typical marriage esp her being older than you and has a kid, it sets off all the red flags if this is marriage of convenience. Secondly as for the response, speak from the heart don’t try to craft up a “smart” response visa officers are trained to read body language and they can catch if a person is faking it. go with additional proofs of how you guys are staying in touch, as they will ask you how you guys communicate and stay in touch etc etc. you have 9 out of 10 chances of getting a visa so don’t worry about it this is just standard process.

On a side note, when I read ur post below for a moment I thought its marriage of convenience cause why would someone else know what a “good” response is other than yourself. So trust yourself and speak from the heart. I am not trying to offend you just stating a general observation.

Singh1212 said:
Hi guys
my wife went MP and Just reply from MP office that,
intial review has been done.you will contacted for interview.
I sent lot of stuff,email FB chat,,Yahoo conversation and many more proof from 2.5 years when i submitted application.

dont know what they other want to know.

Hi, Guys,
My wife age,she is 4 year elder than me and have one son from previous marriage.

if they put question that why u married with her even she is bigger than u by age,,and have son.then what is the best answer for this?

pls help help,expert advice,,I want here from all members on this forum give me answer for this ,so i can give correct and efficent answer to CHC ND.????

Pls give expert advice and evryone own opinion

waiting for u guys
thanks

Hey srinivas how come u contacted you MP within 3 months? Just be careful with when you contact your MP as they can refuse to contact VO if they feel they are being abused.

srinivas.vadapalli said:
Just got the reply from MP...

It reads like this...

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you for contacting XXXX's office. I am happy to assist you in inquiring about the status of your spouse's file. Please note that this file is still within the published processing time in New Delhi. I will contact you once I have an update on your file.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX
Hey dinmab it is unfortunate they ask for the passport up front, however if you read the letter it says its recommended you send your passport in the beginning to expedite the process. You can choose to send it after but the only thing is any foreign travel that takes place after you’ve applied, they will ask you for more details and that will add 4 to 6 weeks to the process.

If you want you can check CIC’s quarterly report and will see ND actually is probably one of the better visa offices. In fact they issue 100 spousal visas a day! Just imagine how many applications they are processing everyday. It doesn’t take long to process the application its just time it takes to move through the queue cause of the high volumes. India is ranked second with number of immigrants coming to canada every year. As for competition its hard when each county has its own sovereignty unless you want to go to another country. Just kidding  Don’t get too stressed out. You will get your visa. Not sure about your timeline but give it 7 months from start to finish.

dinmab said:
mine replied back with the same thing but cos i told them i have booked her tickets for apr 23, they also mentioned that they will fast track the process and tell me the status asap. i am not worried about waiting for few weeks, but i dont understand why they take passport from us and then "process". when i applied in SW program i had to travel to Japan from my work but CIC had my passport with them for 3 months and that didnt go well with my employer and my clients.

i want to convey this message to ND. other visa offices take passport only when they want to stamp the visa. and why cant they update the ecas with "passport received". this is what happens when there is no competition, they get to give awful service and get away with it, cos where else can we apply :D . i hope the new immigration system comes into place where they give multiple entry visa to spouse immediately and process PR after 2 yrs. horrible work by ND CIC.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
singhson said:
Hey srinivas how come u contacted you MP within 3 months? Just be careful with when you contact your MP as they can refuse to contact VO if they feel they are being abused.
Its over 5 weeks now CHC ND is in possession of our passport. If they are not going to issue visa soon, why keep passport with them for 5 weeks? Even for sometime lets go with your point of view, that they require the passport to carry out the background check. Unfortunately, I cannot buy an idea where the background check can go for over a month together considering how advance the entire security information system integration has been throughout the world.

My wife needs to write IELTS exam for her further career options here in Canada and it requires her to have her passport with her. Now, how do we go about by this? BTW we confirmed the examination slot way earlier than we got out sponsorship approval. So dont ask me why i had to book the exam when I have to send the passport.

And I quite couldn't understand why the MP should feel abused. Aren't they elected for this reason, to help the ppl in their constituency? If I offered to bribe the MP or threatened them to make my case 'happen', then they should feel threatened or abused. I am just requesting them to find out why this delay and especially after the CHC ND has asked for a passport to be submitted.

I don't think my expectation is unreasonable by any standards.

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
yes that is true i agree. but :) they can easily get info on all countries i have travelled with just my passport number. i agree if there is any travel during that time it will delay the process. i am still mad at CIC ND :D . i just want 2 sentences in ecas 1) passport received 2)we r current doing "XXXXX".

i started panicking after i saw few ppl telling abt their experience where cic lost their passport after receiving them. thanks for taking time in responding.

singhson said:
Hey dinmab it is unfortunate they ask for the passport up front, however if you read the letter it says its recommended you send your passport in the beginning to expedite the process. You can choose to send it after but the only thing is any foreign travel that takes place after you've applied, they will ask you for more details and that will add 4 to 6 weeks to the process.

If you want you can check CIC's quarterly report and will see ND actually is probably one of the better visa offices. In fact they issue 100 spousal visas a day! Just imagine how many applications they are processing everyday. It doesn't take long to process the application its just time it takes to move through the queue cause of the high volumes. India is ranked second with number of immigrants coming to canada every year. As for competition its hard when each county has its own sovereignty unless you want to go to another country. Just kidding  Don't get too stressed out. You will get your visa. Not sure about your timeline but give it 7 months from start to finish.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Its over 5 weeks now CHC ND is in possession of our passport. If they are not going to issue visa soon, why keep passport with them for 5 weeks? Even for sometime lets go with your point of view, that they require the passport to carry out the background check. Unfortunately, I cannot buy an idea where the background check can go for over a month together considering how advance the entire security information system integration has been throughout the world.

My wife needs to write IELTS exam for her further career options here in Canada and it requires her to have her passport with her. Now, how do we go about by this? BTW we confirmed the examination slot way earlier than we got out sponsorship approval. So dont ask me why i had to book the exam when I have to send the passport.

And I quite couldn't understand why the MP should feel abused. Aren't they elected for this reason, to help the ppl in their constituency? If I offered to bribe the MP or threatened them to make my case 'happen', then they should feel threatened or abused. I am just requesting them to find out why this delay and especially after the CHC ND has asked for a passport to be submitted.

you go get them srinivas...;D

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
btw my ecas still just shows application received and medicals received...no in progress....i am hoping for a miraculous change directly to DM :p

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
pandapenda said:
btw my ecas still just shows application received and medicals received...no in progress....i am hoping for a miraculous change directly to DM :p
lol dont you think you're expecting too much ;)

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
lol dont you think you're expecting too much ;)
not at all...i've been long enough on this forum to tell u one guys status still showed "application received" and he actually got his passport in the mail forget DM or in progress :p

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
i agree its unacceptable for them to hold on to a passport for more than a month. however you don't need to send the passport until they ask you in a letter they are ready to issue the visa if you know you need the passport during that time. I understand she needs to write her exams but why would you confirm the exam slot that earlier in the process. i know we all do things differently and i am not defending ND but we need to be realistic. if you booked the exam before you got your approval and you know it takes 6 to 8 months to get the visa why not send the passport in after your wife writes the exam? short term pain for long term gain.

the background checks are not done by CIC themselves, its done by the respective country's police or security agency so they have no control over the processing time. In fact if you actually get a background check here for a federal gov't job (not the police clearance) it takes upwards of 3 months. Each country has its own process and agreement of information sharing so its not as simple as its sounds. Its like asking how come a doctor here can’t do 50 cataracts a day instead of only 3 to 4 when each surgery takes less than 10 minutes and in a country like in India they can?

for MP helping out, its a privilege not a right esp during processing time period stated. you have the full right to ask the MP if the processing time has passed to get answers however, no MP can "expedite" the process as its not only illegal its immoral. And they cannot give you a response as to why they have the passport for that long, other than saying its part of the process. Plus more people who ask, the more resources it takes away from the Visa office as they have to respond to an MP within 48 hours.

I would just recommend you to relax and go with timelines CIC has suggested otherwise you are just putting yourself through extra stress for no reason. I am not trying to get you excited but just saying be logical, I know how you feel at times it feels like this whole process is unfair and no one wants to give you answers and there is no place to find any answers but look on the bright side its still a very fast process and has a very high success rate so you got nothing to worry about.

100% agreed ND can do better on acknowledging receipts of various documents but at the moment that system is still a bit far out.

srinivas.vadapalli said:

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
the current system lacks that ability as some is automated and some is manual process. in fact tons of people get their passport back with visa stamped and the online status still reads Application received.
rest assured that if you used a reliable courier and tracking shows they delivered the passport than CIC has your passport. lots of times people on this forum have wrote the physical and the PO box address when sending the passport, so if the it gets delivered to PO box it will take time or possibly be misplaced as thats not the same as the physical address of the ND office. its same thing here PO box is at a post office not physically at someone's home. However if you have doubts you can use the case specific inquiry and state you want to confirm they have your passport, do not ask about the status of the application and they will respond within 15 to 25 days. or if something has gone really sideways get your MP invloved tell them you arent inquiring about the status but rather want confirmation ND has all the docs they need at present. that can put you at ease. Bottom line is if everything you stated and documented is genuine and true you will get the visa. Now relax and enjoy the playoffs tonight :)

dinmab said:
yes that is true i agree. but :) they can easily get info on all countries i have travelled with just my passport number. i agree if there is any travel during that time it will delay the process. i am still mad at CIC ND :D . i just want 2 sentences in ecas 1) passport received 2)we r current doing "XXXXX".

i started panicking after i saw few ppl telling abt their experience where cic lost their passport after receiving them. thanks for taking time in responding.

dinmab

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
yea agree. i dont understand y ECAS and CAIPS is different :) DHL says that it was delivered. another issue for me is i moved from PEI to Alberta :). i hope they didnt contact my prev employer and find out that i was not with them after that :)

singhson said:
the current system lacks that ability as some is automated and some is manual process. in fact tons of people get their passport back with visa stamped and the online status still reads Application received.
rest assured that if you used a reliable courier and tracking shows they delivered the passport than CIC has your passport. lots of times people on this forum have wrote the physical and the PO box address when sending the passport, so if the it gets delivered to PO box it will take time or possibly be misplaced as thats not the same as the physical address of the ND office. its same thing here PO box is at a post office not physically at someone's home. However if you have doubts you can use the case specific inquiry and state you want to confirm they have your passport, do not ask about the status of the application and they will respond within 15 to 25 days. or if something has gone really sideways get your MP invloved tell them you arent inquiring about the status but rather want confirmation ND has all the docs they need at present. that can put you at ease. Bottom line is if everything you stated and documented is genuine and true you will get the visa. Now relax and enjoy the playoffs tonight :)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
singhson said:
i agree its unacceptable for them to hold on to a passport for more than a month. however you don't need to send the passport until they ask you in a letter they are ready to issue the visa if you know you need the passport during that time. I understand she needs to write her exams but why would you confirm the exam slot that earlier in the process. i know we all do things differently and i am not defending ND but we need to be realistic. if you booked the exam before you got your approval and you know it takes 6 to 8 months to get the visa why not send the passport in after your wife writes the exam? short term pain for long term gain.

the background checks are not done by CIC themselves, its done by the respective country's police or security agency so they have no control over the processing time. In fact if you actually get a background check here for a federal gov't job (not the police clearance) it takes upwards of 3 months. Each country has its own process and agreement of information sharing so its not as simple as its sounds. Its like asking how come a doctor here can't do 50 cataracts a day instead of only 3 to 4 when each surgery takes less than 10 minutes and in a country like in India they can?

for MP helping out, its a privilege not a right esp during processing time period stated. you have the full right to ask the MP if the processing time has passed to get answers however, no MP can "expedite" the process as its not only illegal its immoral. And they cannot give you a response as to why they have the passport for that long, other than saying its part of the process. Plus more people who ask, the more resources it takes away from the Visa office as they have to respond to an MP within 48 hours.

I would just recommend you to relax and go with timelines CIC has suggested otherwise you are just putting yourself through extra stress for no reason. I am not trying to get you excited but just saying be logical, I know how you feel at times it feels like this whole process is unfair and no one wants to give you answers and there is no place to find any answers but look on the bright side its still a very fast process and has a very high success rate so you got nothing to worry about.

100% agreed ND can do better on acknowledging receipts of various documents but at the moment that system is still a bit far out.
Firstly, just to let you know I haven't sent the passport voluntarily, she sent the passport to ND only after she got an email asking to submit it.

Second point, I never said its my right to ask the MP I understand its a previlege and moreover I strongly believe in my earlier response I never said I wanted to expedite the process. Infact I told this cant be expedited but atleast we would come to know whats holding our file to cross the finish line.

We applied on Jan 3rd for immigration. We booked the slot in last week of Jan for an examination in Apr 2nd week. Now on what grounds by looking at the the performance of CIC during Nov-Dec-Jan months would anyone think that my application would be approved on Feb 16th and I would get a PPR on Mar 1st? All this so quick and then suddenly like a lame tortoise they hold the passport for so long. I personally prefer they better not ask it atleast until they're done with all verifications and ready to give me the visa.