+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
ashunandal said:
i have only first name and second name not surname. i mean i have "rahul kumar" as first name and surname field is blank on passport but in canada its very imp. to have surname for all documents otherwise they will put your first name as surname blank and leave the first name field . i mean to say they will put ****** rahul kumar on all docs. thats main problem...but im not going to change it now maybe later in canada.
Ohh I think that is a mistake from the passport office at the first place, they should have made Kumar as your last name, :(
In that case its better to get an advice from an immigration lawyer, to find the best solution

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
hey ashunandal. you got nothing to worry about. this is very common in India apparently, eg people with Kaurs and Singhs. CIC has a policy to address this, its called Single Name policy. what that means is that for your PR you cannot have a blank last name, so CIC will make "Rahul Kumar" as your last name, and first name will be blank. this won't hurt you in any way. only thing is for short while your last name in canada will be "Rahul Kumar" your PR card will have Rahul Kumar, Rahul. depending on what province you are settling in you can get your name sorted out afterwards through legal name change to have Rahul as your first name and Kumar (or whatever name you choose) as your last name. so you got nothing to worry about.

hope this helps

ashunandal said:
i have only first name and second name not surname. i mean i have "rahul kumar" as first name and surname field is blank on passport but in canada its very imp. to have surname for all documents otherwise they will put your first name as surname blank and leave the first name field . i mean to say they will put ****** rahul kumar on all docs. thats main problem...but im not going to change it now maybe later in canada.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Congratulations ND. so you all set? bags packed? tickets bought? where are you settling?

newdelhi2011 said:
:eek: :eek: I got a DM this morning. It shows "toronto, ontario" as current address. no street number or anything....
When I click on DM, it still says...app received....med recived....started processing.....

:D :D :D

kham6490

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-15-2012
Passport Req..
22-05-2012- Received by ND on 23-05-2012-In Process-06-15-2012
nakash said:
Hi kham6490

I am in the same boat as you. Application received by CPC-M on February 1, 2012. And no signs of any acknowledgement from them.
Good to hear we are in the same boat! Let's try to stay in touch and see if we get approved around the same time. Best of Luck!

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
Thanks bablibali.

Thanks Singhson. My wife is an applicant and she will be coming to Toronto. :) We are just waiting for her PP back and then hopefully she can fly sometime this month. How are things with you and your wife? Enjoying spring in west?

cival

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajith111 said:
I am also wondering about the same. I have planned to apply for my GCM notes and want to address the concerns of the IO. What is the effect of doing it? One of my friend has done so and his proofs were received by the ND office today. In what time frame, the ND office will reply? Does anyone have any idea about it.
Hi All

To recap: I had approached my MP more than a month ago, he enquired and was told that my wife would most probably have an interview. I then applied for GCMS notes. After lil more than a month got the notes today.
GCMS notes says: that we are compatible in all aspects (blah blah), however:

When i left india after a visit last year, I had a flight change over in Abu Dhabi and was chatting with my wife from there. using one of the airport kiosks. So the date on that kiosk is apparently wrong as it states a date one day in the past.

So it seems like that is the only reason they want an interview, as that is the only reason mentioned.
Its mentioned "Recommend Interview"
Should I send proof for this to them or ???
if I can send additional proof, where do we send it and how?

Thanks
Cival

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Guesss whaaaat guys!!! I just checked my Ecas after a couple of days, and it changed to "In Process" :) I'm not sure how long that has been there, because I just checked or today after two days, so I'm estimating that I got "In Process" 9 or 10 days after they received my passport.

My visa will be on it's way!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
singhson said:
hey ashunandal. you got nothing to worry about. this is very common in India apparently, eg people with Kaurs and Singhs. CIC has a policy to address this, its called Single Name policy. what that means is that for your PR you cannot have a blank last name, so CIC will make "Rahul Kumar" as your last name, and first name will be blank. this won't hurt you in any way. only thing is for short while your last name in canada will be "Rahul Kumar" your PR card will have Rahul Kumar, Rahul. depending on what province you are settling in you can get your name sorted out afterwards through legal name change to have Rahul as your first name and Kumar (or whatever name you choose) as your last name. so you got nothing to worry about.

hope this helps
thanks singhson for reply! ok good i dont have to worry about last name until i get to canada then :) i am landing in nova scotia (i have family there), and im not sure about name requirements and job market and business opportunities there. we might have to change province later. where are you living in canada?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
comfortably numb said:
GENERAL INFO - FOR NEW MEMBERS HERE !

SINCE WE ARE IN THE FIRST QUADRANT OF THE YEAR NOW (APRIL - JUNE),
IT IS THE SLOWEST OF ALL.
SO PEOPLE MAY BE WAITING A FEW EXTRA DAYS/WEEKS NOW.

OLDER MEMBERS WHO DID NOT HAVE STRAIGHTFORWARD CASES ARE GETTING DM's NOW.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM
Does this "Slow" thing apply to me??

My Ecas changed to "In Process" today, they have had my passport for 10 days

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOT UNDERSTANDING ABT WHTS GOING ON WITH NEW DELHI?????
SO STRESSFUL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ajith111

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Done....
01-06-2012
Interview........
DONT KNOW
Passport Req..
02-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
cival said:
Hi All

To recap: I had approached my MP more than a month ago, he enquired and was told that my wife would most probably have an interview. I then applied for GCMS notes. After lil more than a month got the notes today.

When i left india after a visit last year, I had a flight change over in Abu Dhabi and was chatting with my wife from there. using one of the airport kiosks. So the date on that kiosk is apparently wrong as it states a date one day in the past.

So it seems like that is the only reason they want an interview, as that is the only reason mentioned.

Thanks
Cival

Hi Cival,

Good to hear that you got some updates. I would say that you send the proofs to ND ASAP. Have a copy with you also, in case if you are called for an interview, you might show it then. Send some additional proofs also. Write a covering letter stating that you got the info from GCM notes and that you are sending these proofs for clarification.

I am going to apply for GCM notes today and will be doing the same too.

All the best.

Thanks

ajith111

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Done....
01-06-2012
Interview........
DONT KNOW
Passport Req..
02-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
cival said:
Hi All

Thanks
Cival

Send it to ND office. The address is the same as the one we sent our Passport. Hopefully they should open once it reaches them. If they do, then there is a good chance, they might waive your interview and give you the visa.

I have seen this happening once with one of my friend here but he is from Pakistan.

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
CanadiansWife said:
Does this "Slow" thing apply to me??

My Ecas changed to "In Process" today, they have had my passport for 10 days
I don't think it will since you are pretty much on the last steps of the process. I think that may be more applicable to the newer applicants who applied in that time period. I hope that you get your DM really quickly--I got mine in 8 days after it showed my status changing to "In Process"--it was the same for Macadamia.

What part of Canada will you be settling in?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
ksunny said:
I don't think it will since you are pretty much on the last steps of the process. I think that may be more applicable to the newer applicants who applied in that time period. I hope that you get your DM really quickly--I got mine in 8 days after it showed my status changing to "In Process"--it was the same for Macadamia.

What part of Canada will you be settling in?

Thanks!! Your words are uplifting :) I will get it this April!

I will be settling into Montreal, I don't know a speck of French :p It's time for some studying

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
CanadiansWife said:
Thanks!! Your words are uplifting :) I will get it this April!

I will be settling into Montreal, I don't know a speck of French :p It's time for some studying
Lol its ok I was born in Canada and can barely structure a sentence--I deeply regret this now!! It's a great opportunity to learn the second language, it will open a lot of doors for you!