Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
I don't no what is wrong with this Canada immigration, not only did I have to come on here to find out butterflygirl sad news , I also realized on my hubby gcm note
They have the wrong email on file and also they have an address on file that we had no idea how they got that address coz he never wrote it on the application !!
So I was so I have to send them an email with the new address and email o web form which I did.
I'm so pissed and sad - 8 month now and still nothing has change !!
I'm due soon and I really want him to be here for me to support me !!

If this month go by and still yet nothing then I'm total moving down to the state.

I can't deal with Canada when my other half , my heart is in another county !!

I can't even imagine what butterflygirl is going through right now. 9 years and only for her to hear this news m!! I wish there is a way we can reach awearness over this issue!! This is becoming too much!!
Legally married and yet can't be with ones love because of their stupid opinions!!
I'm so tired and ready to pack my bags to leave Canada
Yes, Accra office works unprofessionally. Whatever principles they are basing their decisions don't work on identifying which marriage is genuine, and which is fake.
I don't know how the marriages applications have priority in Canada when you have to wait one year for application processing and than another one for an appeal, when other applications take less than a year to process. We wrote to the immigration minister about this but I guess no changes to the law are previewed.

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Hello everyone
So I don't feel like I should post, it's negative. But I am deeply upset. My husband was denied based on we are 'friends" and they believe I'm helping him to come back to Canada. I woke 4 AM to read a heartbreaking email.
I have not gone into work, my supervisors all understand my situation of crying the past couple hours. :mad: :( :confused:

I have emailed Accra Visa Office
I have emailed my MP federal and provincial
I have emailed the Minister of Immigration
I have posted on Facebook
I am sending in for my GCMS notes today.
I want to take this to media.
Also thinking maybe a lawyer.....
or I'm just gonna leave Canada, at least that way I can be with my husband!!!!
For those who know my whole story, it's been 9 years, two husband's denied and an exclusion order that was past long ago(1 year exclusion) 2013-2014. I have been fighting immigration for almost a decade and I'm about to lose my cool. What do any of you recommend my next step be??? Cause right now I am refusing this denial and I don't even think of doing appeal. Help please.
Butterfly girl
This broke my heart. I'm so sorry about this situation. I hope you can be reunited with your husband soon. Be strong and fight it as hard as you possibly can. We need to make our voices heard some way somehow. The immigration officers cannot keep shattering people's lives because of an "opinion". That is no fair way to deal with this spousal application. The fact that someone's marriage might not live up to a certain persons standards does not mean it is ingenuine. The other day a guy got denied because he didn't have "intimate pictures" with his spouse. How is that even a basis for deciding on someone's future? Aren't there people who don't even like to take pictures? CIC has to do better.

Reactions: Tweeny2017

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
We wrote to the immigration minister about this but I guess no changes to the law are previewed.
Well not all VO's are this slow. In fact other VO's are moving with lightening speed. I really don't know why AVO is this slow.

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
I am so grateful for the support of this group with a special thanks to Mandie who was with me through out the process. Am happy to announce that I got my passport request. The time line is as follows

CATEGORY........FAM
VISA OFFICE.......AVO
AFF. FILLED........ 5/JULY/2016
FILE TRANSFER.....28/SEP/2016
AOR RECEIVED...... OCTOBER/2016
AVO PROCESSING......17/OCT/2016
MED DONE........ UPFRONT ( JAN 2016)
2nd MEDS REQUEST...... 1/MAY/2017
MEDS DONE ............ 2/MAY/ 2017
PASSPORT REQ...... 2/MAY/2017

congratulations !!!!!!

Last edited:

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Hey everyone! Checking in on everyone. Hope all is well. Hoping for some good news this week....

Reactions: becos

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
AVO is just like lullaby, everyone has gone asleep. It's just sad seeing how far behind we are while other VO's are fast approaching 2017 apps. I wonder how long more we have to wait...I just wonder.

God pls hear us and come to our aid sonner than we think..Amen!

becos

Aug 25, 2016
AVO is just like lullaby, everyone has gone asleep. It's just sad seeing how far behind we are while other VO's are fast approaching 2017 apps. I wonder how long more we have to wait...I just wonder.

God pls hear us and come to our aid sonner than we think..Amen!
Today was truly the first day that I was like, "okay I'm over this, I thought my husband would be here by now. I don't want to wait anymore." People are talking about June, and I'm like whaaooo, hold on, I didn't even think June was a thing, I can't even believe it will be June in 2 weeks. I never imagined June because I always thought he'd be here with my by then and it would be imagined together...

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
This broke my heart. I'm so sorry about this situation. I hope you can be reunited with your husband soon. Be strong and fight it as hard as you possibly can. We need to make our voices heard some way somehow. The immigration officers cannot keep shattering people's lives because of an "opinion". That is no fair way to deal with this spousal application. The fact that someone's marriage might not live up to a certain persons standards does not mean it is ingenuine. The other day a guy got denied because he didn't have "intimate pictures" with his spouse. How is that even a basis for deciding on someone's future? Aren't there people who don't even like to take pictures? CIC has to do better.
Sorry haven't been around. Been busy being sad and emailing everyone I can many politicians. Called two lawyers asking advice, have already submitted an appeal. Still confused what to do, as I had intimate pictures. I also had lots of pictures where I was "smiling" with my spouse and they said why was I so happy looking as I wrote in the letter attached I stayed in "hell" which I felt was the best description of his country. I didn't realize they wanted the photos of my body all bitten up and my face red and glossy from sweat or the half naked photos of me trying to endure the heat. I sent the best photos of us spending time together when we actually got to go out of the house.
Also today I got a reply from an MP....who contacted IRCC and they stated in the notes we didn't have any photos from me being in Nigeria, only those when my spouse was here in Canada with me, now I call them Freaken liars!!! They lied. We submitted 6 photo albums and the immigration officer only interviewed my husband on the one album. I spent 3 months with him in hell and they dismissed the evidence, the truth of us being genuine. Even if I was to go back and visit my husband and resubmit a new application, I can already guess they would deny him again. Immigration has messed up many peoples lives. The lawyer said this isn't new to him, many cases have gone through like this. We are just stuck in a process of injustice. Now I get to fight with an appeal, what will this cost me? My time away from my husband or my children, depending if I decide to leave Canada cause immigration won't let him come back in.
My spouse and I are figuring out a way, we are gonna fight this and not give up. We will come out successful. Amen

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
Also I have noticed it is quiet. make some noise people. Email and call Minister of Immigration, back when everyone had done that a couple months back, next thing you know, visa's were flying out of the water.

Reactions: peg204

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Today I just feel helpless and unhappy. This whole process can completely drain ones happiness and zeal to do anything. It's very unfair to say the least. My husband and I have been praying silently that my visa is ready so we can travel to Canada together after our church wedding ceremony and reception in August but it's just seeming all the more bleak. We had our civil wedding in Las Vegas last year, before I went back to Nigeria, just to beat this whole process but it seems quite impossible.I just needed to vent and I still pray God helps us reunite with our families soon. I'm also sorry about your situation butterfly girl. I wish you and your suppose good luck and reunification soon.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
I am so perplexed by all I've been reading here. AVO has to be one of the slowest.
we haven't even got medical request, only God knows when that will come, not to mention PPR.
Everyone who applied in same month as we did got medical request, only my husband did not.
called CIC here, guy has no idea why we didn't get.
in an ideal situation, it shouldn't be taking several months to years for application process and I am tired of flying back and forth. Was in Nigeria twice 2014, once 2016 and once this year already.
I was hoping my husband will be here this summer but its just seems bleak now and the wait is gut-wrecking

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
I don't want to state the obvious....but has anyone noticed how the Nigerian applicants take longer and also many have to go for interview, jumping through hoops? My husband felt prejudiced from the moment walking into interview, the immigration officer had her mind up to deny him. Like really, over 6 pounds evidence and she focused on photos from when he was in Canada with me. This is starting to get me angry. The more I hear about how other's are being treated....making me furious.

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
The whole process is painfully slow, I'm pretty sure they can be faster than this.
I suggest we all should send in another round of email..surely, we need to make our voices heard one way or the other, we can't continue this way!!