+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
The whole process is painfully slow, I'm pretty sure they can be faster than this.
I suggest we all should send in another round of email..surely, we need to make our voices heard one way or the other, we can't continue this way!!
I agree with you and ButrerflyGirl I think we should get another round of emails and calls flying. I'll send my email today.

Reactions: Butterflygirl

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
I sent email to the minister's office, I await his response.
I know it requires process and checks, but what are the checks that AVO does that is different from other VOs.
and are they trying to say that every applicant transferred to AVO all have suspicious applications that would require months to years of processing?
its frustrating to say the least.
AVO needs to be checked. a lot of people from dec 2016 up to jan 2017 have been getting PPR and visa but here, we have pple from june 2016.still waiting
so what makes AVO different , the silence from them is deafening.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Canada has a quota of ppl they can allow in every year. I'm beginning to think they fulfill and process every country fast and efficiently and then Africa (which avo deals with majority of the countries within) is screwed. They choose to neglect Africa on purpose. Saddens my heart. Our baby is 10 months and has never been held by his father. How unfair is that? Will be sending an email tomorrow as well....

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Maybe we should start reaching out to news stations and outlets. Something has to give.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Canada has a quota of ppl they can allow in every year. I'm beginning to think they fulfill and process every country fast and efficiently and then Africa (which avo deals with majority of the countries within) is screwed. They choose to neglect Africa on purpose. Saddens my heart. Our baby is 10 months and has never been held by his father. How unfair is that? Will be sending an email tomorrow as well....

COLMIZ, HI :)
I couldn't help myself and I had to respond back to this post and your absolutely right. The max per year is 300, 000 which is set aside for Spousal PR's worldwide. I questioned the speed of the AVO and from the Ministers office its the overwhelming number of apps per year that they receive. That is what they say is the primary cause of the delay ( I shared my letter from the Minister office couple pages back feel free to browse). On your end all you can do is ensure your application is organized, your story of your relationship makes sense, and that you have loads of proof. I shared my journey with you all. I sent additional proof without them asking and in my opinion, I truly believe it was to my benefit. I received some backlash on this point but all I have is my experience and I can only share what worked for me. Darling, I pray that your latter days will be greater than the former. Wishing you success and soon.

Reactions: colmiz

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Maybe we should start reaching out to news stations and outlets. Something has to give.
Sounds like a good idea. there is strength in numbers. All the best MrsKoj

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017

Butterflygirl

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
17/05/2016
AOR Received.
27/07/2016
File Transfer...
11/08/2016
Med's Request
05/12/2016
Med's Done....
09/12/2016
Interview........
05-2017
I sent an email. Anyone else send one today?
I sent one last week after my husbands denial and today he sent one along with his refusal letter. Hope they hear our cry!!!

Charlie04

Apr 25, 2017
Please I want to know if I will be able to get information about my application on my email (like decision made or redo of medical) after linking my application? I just linked the application to know exactly what is going on.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Hi guys I wanted to ask what determines the visa office that processes a spousal application. Is it nationality or current residence?

Last edited:

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
This is what I found on March thread. Imagine, this is an African VO, me and this applicant submitted same month and they already got PPR

Hi all,

Just want to give you all high hopes as I have followed this forum since the beginning of my application which was filed Mar 2 2017 and on May 17 2017 my wife received her PPR. Our documents were transferred to Dakar VO (Senegal) and as of May 4 2017, we saw the new lines in ECAS "We started processing...." On that same day as well, we got the status update from Application Received to In Process for PA. It took 2.5 weeks to receive PPR for us from the time of PA status change which is unheard of especially for countries in Africa. Also just to give a bit of background as well, the medical was sent upfront and it is due to expire as of 07.22.2017 hence in the email we have received yesterday from Dakar VO advised us to send Passport as soon as possible before our medical expires (As if I will let it expire lol). Also I underwent the same troubles as you all with the schedule A & PCC which I submitted via IRCC at least 4 times but with all the issues & delays I was noticing in the forum and after speaking with CIC rep on the phone, we decided to submit it by mail to CPC Mississauga.

Thank you all again as this forum has been very much so helpful and I wish you all speedy process. Patience is key and stay strong, the end is near

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi guys I wanted to ask what determines the visa office that processes a spousal application. Is it nationality or current residence?
if you are on VISA to the US, then your file will be sent to Accra. its usually to country of birth affiliate VO that file is sent to.
I have seen cases where someone was born in country A but has been living few years in country B, their file was still sent to country A's affiliate VO.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
if you are on VISA to the US, then your file will be sent to Accra. its usually to country of birth affiliate VO that file is sent to.
I have seen cases where someone was born in country A but has been living few years in country B, their file was still sent to country A's affiliate VO.
Thanks for this!

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN

Thank you for this information. That's like my husband case . He was born in Nigeria but now live in USA. But we are wondering what will happen when his visa is ready ? Can he file from the state to Canada ?