+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
LEEPOPO said:
Ok thank u soo much i will do that
what i want to say is go to your phone call provider request for your phone bills(latest like three months ago) and tell them you're using it for immigration they will sign and confirm by their experience manager and mostly use the latest conversations and pictures, they would like to see that and lelepopo!! more pictures and more picture and make sure you separate them and give details,add letters and cards...... virtually everything that comes to mind between you too.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
LEEPOPO said:
Hey members i jst got this email from cic and i want my member to make it clear to me.please members had any one get this letter before n what did u do or send to them pls help me out
Date: April 25, 2013

UCI:............

P.O.Box.............

Ghana

Dear .....................

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
(b) a dependent child of the sponsor;
(c) the sponsor's mother or father;
(d) the mother or father of the sponsor's mother or father;
(f) a person whose parents are deceased, who is under 18 years of age, who is not a spouse or common-law partner and who is
(i) the child of the sponsor's mother or father,
(ii) a child of a child of the sponsor's mother or father, or
(iii) a child of the sponsor's child; or
(h) a relative of the sponsor, regardless of age, if the sponsor does not have a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a child, a mother or father, a relative who is a child of that mother or father, a relative who is a child of a child of that mother or father, a mother or father of that mother or father or a relative who is a child of the mother or father of that mother or father
(i) who is a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident,
(ii) whose application to enter and remain in Canada as a permanent resident the sponsor may otherwise sponsor.
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.
In order to come to a final determination in your case I will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Sorry about this letter, i suggest you send them everything you have got not just pictures and phone records. Let members of your church, family and friends to write you letter to endorse your marriage. You and your partner should also write a letter explaining every details of your relationship and give more concrete example to convince the officer that your marriage is genuine. Good luck and relax everything shall be well.

MzTee

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
BBCCanada, you are right. I was about to suggest that. I think you should get letters from people who know you guys. Especially people who kinda act like guarantors in specific situations such as a clergy, an accountant, a lawyer, etc; someone with credibility and your family members as well. I wish you all the best, Leepopo and I hope it all works out.

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.
14/11/12
File Transfer...
14/11/12
Med's Done....
22/06/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 june 2013
LANDED..........
20 june 2013
Pls members do i need to notarize my marriage certificate or is too late now and do i need to notarize or do affidavit or statutory declearation to support letters frm family members n frds

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
LEEPOPO said:
Pls members do i need to notarize my marriage certificate or is too late now and do i need to notarize or do affidavit or statutory declearation to support letters frm family members n frds
I advice you not to notarize any marriage certificate and go straight to the point of proofing that your marriage is genuine. Therefore, to prove that there are more to it than sending picturees and phone records. i suggest you send some pictures and phone records but i will put more effort on getting very respected people like lawyers, religous leaders, friends and family to endorse your marriage. Even if possible they can write to the embassy to support you. If you and your patner have property like land together that can also be presented. A land lord can also be helpful to endorse your marriage and don't forget to send financial support reciept from western union to proof your relationship is genuine. If you and you partner text a lot take your phone to a phote shop and develop all the text messages to them it will cost you but will save you time and stress. I know it is hard but don't look down it shall be well in God's name. Send them everything you have got and pls let more people wrote to support your marriage.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
MzTee said:
BBCCanada, you are right. I was about to suggest that. I think you should get letters from people who know you guys. Especially people who kinda act like guarantors in specific situations such as a clergy, an accountant, a lawyer, etc; someone with credibility and your family members as well. I wish you all the best, Leepopo and I hope it all works out.
Yes i agree, this is the best thing to do and let pray that everything works out pretty will.

abauwa

Apr 5, 2013
LEEPOPO said:
Hey members i jst got this email from cic and i want my member to make it clear to me.please members had any one get this letter before n what did u do or send to them pls help me out
Date: April 25, 2013

UCI:............

P.O.Box.............

Ghana

Dear .....................

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
(b) a dependent child of the sponsor;
(c) the sponsor's mother or father;
(d) the mother or father of the sponsor's mother or father;
(f) a person whose parents are deceased, who is under 18 years of age, who is not a spouse or common-law partner and who is
(i) the child of the sponsor's mother or father,
(ii) a child of a child of the sponsor's mother or father, or
(iii) a child of the sponsor's child; or
(h) a relative of the sponsor, regardless of age, if the sponsor does not have a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a child, a mother or father, a relative who is a child of that mother or father, a relative who is a child of a child of that mother or father, a mother or father of that mother or father or a relative who is a child of the mother or father of that mother or father
(i) who is a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident,
(ii) whose application to enter and remain in Canada as a permanent resident the sponsor may otherwise sponsor.
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.
In order to come to a final determination in your case I will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.
they consider these facts in assessing genuineness and these are my points in the letter I wrote

Proof of genuine and ongoing of current relationship
1. We have mutually agreed and are committed to sharing our lives together
 Got married and exchanged vows
 Have a son together;
 Have joint ownership of possessions
• Car registered in both names
• Utility bill- Natural gas (Direct Energy) also in our names
• Auto insurance policy
• have signed lease together
2. We are interdependent on each other (explain how)
 Physically
Emotionally
 Financially-western union
 Socially
3. We present ourselves as couples with family.
 Letters from:
• WHOEVER, also include both of you in group pics not only at home
4. People know and see us as couple
 letters or mails and cards received addressed to both
5. show if you have children together.who is taking care

6. Beneficiary of insurance plans

7. Shared responsibility for children
 We are both responsible for all four children
 mother will be taking care of son while in Ghana
 father will be taking care of other kids in Canada.

hope this helps.

Ghanawife

Sep 11, 2012
So my time has come to an end with my King in Ghana and still no word from the Accra Office.

It's great to see the fast processing time for the new applicants. :)
To those who are waiting for their appealed cased to be finalized, has anyone heard anything?? :mad:

4 weeks ago I heard from my MP that our file is sitting on someone's desk for final review.... this final review has been 4 MONTHS!!

:'( I'm leaving Ghana once again not knowing when I will see my husband again........

ama1978

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! My name is Jennifer and I recently married the love of my life, my soulmate in Ghana. I am a Canadian Citizen by birth and he is Ghanaian. We are about to begin the process of sponsoring him to come to Canada but it may be several months yet before I can get everything put together. He has a child that we need to include in the application (and an ex that likes to make things difficult). :( I pray that things will fall into place and God will find favour upon us and reunite us quickly. It's only been three weeks since I have been away and yet it feels like a lifetime.

I look forward to meeting others that are on the same journey. :D

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.
14/11/12
File Transfer...
14/11/12
Med's Done....
22/06/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 june 2013
LANDED..........
20 june 2013
My good members thank u all so much.pls members am about to send my additional infomation as the visa officer requested,how do i address or wat to write at the back of the envelopes? Pls help. Plss help

Agyeson

Dec 22, 2012
ama1978 said:
Hello! My name is Jennifer and I recently married the love of my life, my soulmate in Ghana. I am a Canadian Citizen by birth and he is Ghanaian. We are about to begin the process of sponsoring him to come to Canada but it may be several months yet before I can get everything put together. He has a child that we need to include in the application (and an ex that likes to make things difficult). :( I pray that things will fall into place and God will find favour upon us and reunite us quickly. It's only been three weeks since I have been away and yet it feels like a lifetime.

I look forward to meeting others that are on the same journey. :D
Welcome!! It is a long journey and lots of paperwork as you will learn but this forum will get you through it and if ever have questions everyone is happy to help. Just be realistic about the situation and don't expect everything to work fast and you will be fine. All the best!

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
what does final review means,and what next after that? how long does it take to hear from accra after final review?

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.
14/11/12
File Transfer...
14/11/12
Med's Done....
22/06/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 june 2013
LANDED..........
20 june 2013
LEEPOPO said:
My good members thank u all so much.pls members am about to send my additional infomation as the visa officer requested,how do i address or wat to write at the back of the envelopes? Pls help. Plss help
help members

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
LEEPOPO said:
help members
Leepopo,

I don't know if this will help you or not but here's a link of info to 'update your application':
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx?view=d,it

Or try this:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/contact-contactez.aspx?view=d,it

Obrunicoco

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-14
Doc's Request.
20-08-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-14
File Transfer...
SA 09-06-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
Big congrats to Jermiah29_11 and Agingonana on the interviews! I can't wait to hear the results. My husband and I have been working away on our application but there might be some scholarships opportunities for him in the UK for school...so we have to wait a month to find out if we still want to file now or later. This forum is addicting, i will certainly be checking around the time of the interviews! Will be send out lots of prayers on those days.

@Jermiah29_11, thanks for another thorough response - with your quick processing time I am convinced doing the meds and police check before are the way to go. How amazing for you and your hubby to potentially go back to Canada together after the summer!

@abauwa Thanks for those interview questions - they will be a huge help!

@ama1978 All the best in your preparations! You will find this forum very helpful