1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Agingonana said:
guys!! i want the telephone line of accra embassy to ask about my flight, am using Egyptair and i don't no if i need a visa pass at Cairo, any help?? :'( :-[
Don't waste your time,Accra embassy does not pick calls.

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
Agingonana said:
guys!! i want the telephone line of accra embassy to ask about my flight, am using Egyptair and i don't no if i need a visa pass at Cairo, any help?? :'( :-[
Here is the number for the Egyptian Embassy. They should answer your question.

38 Senchi Street
Airport Residential Area
Accra
Ghana
PHONE LOCAL: (030) 277.6854
INTERNATIONAL: +233.30.277.6854

EMAIL boustaneaccra@hotmail.com

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
Hi Teni,

I've read your post of 1 April, 2013 regarding the mail you received from the Accra visa office. Could you please update me what has happened to your spouse's application since you received the mail? I am in the same situation as you. My spouse and I respectively received the same kind of mail (exact wordings) from the visa office.

Since the visa office strongly recommend the use of DHL return envelope to send the passports and other required documentations for the visa, we opted for this. My spouse sent all to Accra on 3 April, 2013 and we were able to verify through tracking that the parcel was received there on 5 April. At a point the courier company, DHL, asked that my spouse give them a letter of authority to enable them pick up the return parcel. For clarification purpose, my spouse sent a mail to the visa office to confirm this procedure and they replied as follows: "Hi, you will be notified by email when visas are ready for pick-up so you can advise the courier company by providing them with your file number to pick it up. Thank you"

It has been a month now that the passports and the required documentations were sent but my spouse has not received the return parcel or any information from the visa office.

My question is to know if your spouse followed the DHL path too and if he's received his visa. Also I wish to know how long it took between the time he sent the parcel to Accra and when they issued him the visa and he received his return parcel.

Thank you

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
Curious_1 said:
Hi Teni,

I've read your post of 1 April, 2013 regarding the mail you received from the Accra visa office. Could you please update me what has happened to your spouse's application since you received the mail? I am in the same situation as you. My spouse and I respectively received the same kind of mail (exact wordings) from the visa office.

Since the visa office strongly recommend the use of DHL return envelope to send the passports and other required documentations for the visa, we opted for this. My spouse sent all to Accra on 3 April, 2013 and we were able to verify through tracking that the parcel was received there on 5 April. At a point the courier company, DHL, asked that my spouse give them a letter of authority to enable them pick up the return parcel. For clarification purpose, my spouse sent a mail to the visa office to confirm this procedure and they replied as follows: "Hi, you will be notified by email when visas are ready for pick-up so you can advise the courier company by providing them with your file number to pick it up. Thank you"

It has been a month now that the passports and the required documentations were sent but my spouse has not received the return parcel or any information from the visa office.

My question is to know if your spouse followed the DHL path too and if he's received his visa. Also I wish to know how long it took between the time he sent the parcel to Accra and when they issued him the visa and he received his return parcel.

Thank you
well i don't no what is going on here but at the office they kept mentioning names that it seems no one was around for at least i heard it been repeated more than 3 times before i left so for my advice try and go there if you can,that's what i think but if not then make sure DHL will go and check one more time

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hello everyone! I am a Canadian born citizen who is sponsoring her husband. I have been approved as a sponsor on March 21st. The file was then sent to Accra. How long can we expect to wait until we get approval?

Thanks!

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Guys!

One more question: how do you know when your file is transferred? I see you all posted the date of your file transfered which I am supposing is the date your file was transfered to Accra?

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi Curious_
well i was advised to go to Accra which i did, i traveled on Monday after work slept in an Hotel, went to the Embassy Tuesday, waited awhile, cut long story short got the Visa that Tuesday, came back Tuesday, i didn't use any courier company, but i guess it shld take not less than 20 working days, and remember if they have a public holiday in Canada, Accra of would observe the holiday, Just relax , sure you will get ur return parcel soon

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
Agingonana, Teni, thank you guys for your responses to my inquiry. I will keep my fingers crossed with the hope that Accra get back to us soon.

One last question to Teni, please. From the contents of the letter you received (prior to your trip to Accra for the visa), was the interview waived for you? When finally at Accra, probably out of curiosity, did they use the opportunity to interview or asked you any sort of questions?

Daisyd5, maybe you should call the CIC and ask for the file transfer date. File transfer to visa office abroad is done from within and they should be able to help with your question. What I know is that the moment your file is transferred, only the visa office to which it is transferred can now inform or updates you. If you ask Mississauga (or anywhere internally), they will tell you that they don't have access to your file any longer and advise you to contact the visa office abroad that is treating your application henceforth.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Thank you for your help curious!

What stage are you at in all this? I have to say I am half I entered this forum... It easy to feel as though my husband and I are alone in this, but it is encouraging to see all of you being so courageous in your situation and pulling through. I told my husband last night about all the posts I read ( I spent hours on this yesterday) and he felt reassured as well! God knows it is difficult being away from the one you love but it is nice to know there are other people that get it!

Curious_1

Apr 29, 2011
Daisyd5,

I am not sure what stage to call it but the visa office sent a mail to inform us that my spouse's (quoting the exact words in the mail) "Your Immigrant Visa(s) appear ready to be issued, if there has been no change in your family configuration ...." and requested for the passport and other documentations be sent to them within 30 days, either in person or by DHL courier service with pre-paid return envelope. We opted for the DHL option because my spouse could not be immediately released from work and travel to Accra. The application has been in process since May 2012, so my belief is that this is the last stage because we've already gone through the medicals and police record stages.

Are you using (or will use) the Accra office too? Anyway, I hope I'm able to respond to your question.

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
do i need a transit visa if am going to Casablanca?? am worried i don't need any stress at the airport at all!!! help if you have knowledge 8) 8) 8)

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Agingonana said:
do i need a transit visa if am going to Casablanca?? am worried i don't need any stress at the airport at all!!! help if you have knowledge 8) 8) 8)
No! you don't need. guess you are using Royal AirMarco

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
Agingonana said:
You don't need a visa since you will not be crossing through customes.

Please let me know how the flight and landing process goes on...my husband will be using the same airline and landing in Montreal!

All the best ;D

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Well...my husband had his interview today!!! and was told that there is no doubt in the immigration officer's mind! So we basically have our approval. Our whole application was given back to my husband.

Unfortunately, there has been an issue on their side (not ours) regarding the medical centre in Paris and thus were not able to issue the visa the same day but it will come soon enough I am certain. The immigration officer just needs to do a check over once the medical info comes in and we'll be done! I am thinking that it has to do with the initial mess-up by the doctor in Accra but who knows. They know that the medical was done so that isn't the problem.

On another note, my husband was asked basically the same kind of questions mentioned previously. He had a female officer who was very kind and considerate - I'm so thankful for that. I've been praying for the officer as well this whole time.

God is good all the time! AMEN!