Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Ppl plz help. Accra ask me to paid rite of RPRF about 6months ago and I did.they sent us a mail to come pick up our passport since 19th of December but we didn't not get the email neither in my Junk mail or inbox.so I email them yesterday asking about our application n I was told they already sent us an email. They want me to explain why we didn't come for our visa. WHAT DO I DO.

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Praise the Lord!!! Received an email including a letter of invitation for an interview for my husband for the 7th of May too!!

It looks like the interviews are coming around fast now! It hasn't even been 2 months since our application was sent to the Accra office. Despite the excitement, it is unfortunately scheduled 3 days before I arrive in Ghana which is too bad because I have some of the original documents that my husband will need for the interview...sigh...so now it's going to be a costly shipping fee....but in the end of course it is more than worth it to have him be able to come home with me at the end of the summer

Our letter sounds very similar to the letter you posted Kwasha - though ours isn't as specific (like yours mentioned sending communication dated back since the 17th of April of 2012). However I don't understand why they would need all of this again. I sent them a 4 inch application with every single one of our emails, and phone bills and letters of recommendations and emails between my husband and friends and 115 pictures - don't really feel like have to spend money to do this all again when they already have it all on hand.

My husband's interview is also set for 8am. Praying that this too means a visa the same day.
Agingonana, I will definitely be watching the forum very closely on the 30th of April to see if this is the case for you. Please let us know as soon as you can of your hopefully amazingly great news!

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hey Obrunicoco,
Sorry it took me a few days to respond. I had a major final exam today and was super consumed by it over the last week. Anyhow, no problem! I am happy to share where it helps as so many have done on this forum. Again I wrote my comments in between your paragraphs. All the best as you continue to put your application together. May my previous note give you great comfort in knowing the process seems to be speeding up!

I saw in a previous post of yours they requested the death certificate of a parent. Was this on your side or his? My husband's father passed away in 2005 and I am not sure if we should include this (or if he could even find it).

I'm trying to remember what I said exactly in that post but I think the circumstances are very different here. You see we had only just sent in our application 4 days previous to my mother-in-law passing away. It states in various places that if there is a death that they need to be updated. In your case, you husband's father passed away in 2005 so you have included the date of death in your application, where as our still showed his mother alive of course. So don't worry about sending anything in here.

I am so torn about the medical and police check!! I am leaving Ghana in 4 days so there is no way to do it before I leave but maybe I should get him to go the week after and mail it to me in Canada. I don't plan on sending the application until early May anyway. To clarify what should he bring with him to the doctor? I heard Appendix C doesn't exist anymore. He will go to that same clinic - Akai clinic (it's nice!). When I called them they said because it is all electronic now, they need some GCMS file number, they look him up and then they send the results to immigration electronically. I see how waiting until they request your medicals could delay the process though - they might move on to other files in the meantime. Can you describe the receipt you should get? I'll sure he asks for it!

I'm sorry I was able to respond fast enough for this part. We too went through the same issue. After I came back I met with a lawyer here just to have him go through my application to ensure I hadn't missed anything, which has also given me free (after the initial first meet cost) email access to him whenever I have any major questions. He advised after speaking to a few colleagues that we get it all done and seeing that we have just been sent an interview date already I think it really is best to get it done ahead. What happened for us was that my husband did it after I already had come home and them fed-ex it to me - cost was about 90 cedi.

"Hi, I spoke with some colleagues, and they all think it's dangerous to submit without the medical, even where it's clear it will expire before processing is complete. Police certificate can wait, but better do the medical. Do you have the forms and everything? Once he's done it, the doctor should give him something to send to you to include in the package.

Here are the instructions provided on the website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/Med-Exam-Instructions-eng.pdf

You'll see they talk about 4 photos – where did you get 6 from? Elsewhere the website asks for 5, which I think is old. They keep changing things so much they can't keep up with themselves - take 6 just in case!

I thought they'd stopped asking for the Appendix C form; it used to be part of the instructions for each visa office, but it's been removed, and many doctors have stopped asking for it. It could be the guy in Accra didn't read the memo yet.

Here's the Appendix C form; it's pretty simple:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/pdf/AppendixC_e.pdf

The 1017 form should come from the doctor – if he told your husband you're supposed to provide it, that's absolutely wrong – they're not available to non-DMP's. There are 2 DMP's in Accra – maybe he should try the other one if the first one doesn't know what he's doing?

Bottom line is at most he needs the App. C, photos, and passport.

Accra is the visa office.

The 1017 Form has multiple copies; the doctor is supposed to give 1 copy with a photo attached to him to send on to you (this is the form I previously mentioned they were to give but didn't call about till a few weeks after our application was already mailed in)"
(what my lawyer emailed me - sorry a lot there but that it would be helpful)

As annoying as the culture of dashing can be in Ghana - it is nice when it works in your favour! I will certainly tell my husband to entice them to speed up the process of the police check. Did he need to bring anything special to the police HQ?? Interesting you say the CIC people aren't helpful, I can't dial a 1800 from here - so I haven't been able to harass them!

Yes he needed to bring passport photos for both the medical and the police check - I know the medical was like 6 pictures (though the website says 4) but I can't remember how many he needed for the police check, sorry.

Thanks for your other tips and reassurance. I really think this forum will be a blessing!!! Where in Canada do you plan to live when you are finished? I am from Nanaimo, BC, so we will likely start there or somewhere else on Vancouver Island.

Too neat. My cousin use to live in Nanaimo and I was there myself a couple of summers ago. Beautiful there. I am out over in Ontario about an hour from Toronto. I'll be looking for work come September once I arrive back from Ghana (well actually I hope to have something lined up before I come back) so where we finally live kind of depends on that, but I hope to stay within this community for the first while as there are sooo many friends, family and my church community expectantly waiting to welcome my husband. I know too how important it is, especially for men, to become involved right away and meet people as to avoid becoming lonely and depressed, so I know it is best for him if we stay here till he gets himself established in this new culture.

Wishing you all the best!! You as well!!!

[/quote]

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
MzTee said:
Hi Agingonana,

Can you please send me a link to the interview questions you found. I tried searching and could not find it. Thanks
thank you very much i got your email and seriously am praying it goes well,cuz if it does am next hahaha

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
Jermiah29_11 said:
Praise the Lord!!! Received an email including a letter of invitation for an interview for my husband for the 7th of May too!!

It looks like the interviews are coming around fast now! It hasn't even been 2 months since our application was sent to the Accra office. Despite the excitement, it is unfortunately scheduled 3 days before I arrive in Ghana which is too bad because I have some of the original documents that my husband will need for the interview...sigh...so now it's going to be a costly shipping fee....but in the end of course it is more than worth it to have him be able to come home with me at the end of the summer

Our letter sounds very similar to the letter you posted Kwasha - though ours isn't as specific (like yours mentioned sending communication dated back since the 17th of April of 2012). However I don't understand why they would need all of this again. I sent them a 4 inch application with every single one of our emails, and phone bills and letters of recommendations and emails between my husband and friends and 115 pictures - don't really feel like have to spend money to do this all again when they already have it all on hand.

My husband's interview is also set for 8am. Praying that this too means a visa the same day.
Agingonana, I will definitely be watching the forum very closely on the 30th of April to see if this is the case for you. Please let us know as soon as you can of your hopefully amazingly great news!
ok sure!! this forum will be the second to receive any good news so yes i will keep it posted

MzTee

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
Jermiah29_11 said:

Accra is on a roll! They are not playing. God will favour all of us in Jesus name. We will not be disappointed. Congrats!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
For those who are still waiting to hear from Accra, u should be careful ooo. After I paid my RPRF on Novermber I was waiting for them and did not bother to inquire about my application.i never knew they already sent me an email to pick up my Visa since Dec 19th, I did not know this for 4 months until I sent them an email few days ago asking about my application . Anyways glory be to go God they sent me an email today asking for a re-medical for ONLY chest X-ray,thank GOd they have not closed my file yet. If I had gotten their email my husband would have been here since January.

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
CONGRATULATIONS ... everything will go well IJN.. just have everything they have asked for .. sending the info again to my husband cost me close to $300.
keep us posted

Agyeson

Dec 22, 2012
Jermiah29_11 said:

it's good to see someone else feels this way. It's crazy they make you do everything all over again. I had to express documents to my hubby (agingonana on this forum) and it cost over 100 dollars just for that plus reprinting all the pics. But its true this will all be worth it if we are united with our spouses. I wish everyone the best results, we will report asap when my hubby's interview is done so you can all know how it goes down and what to expect.

MzTee

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
Agyeson said:
it's good to see someone else feels this way. It's crazy they make you do everything all over again. I had to express documents to my hubby (agingonana on this forum) and it cost over 100 dollars just for that plus reprinting all the pics. But its true this will all be worth it if we are united with our spouses. I wish everyone the best results, we will report asap when my hubby's interview is done so you can all know how it goes down and what to expect.
Same here! DHL prolly made alot from Nigerians this month lol.

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.
14/11/12
File Transfer...
14/11/12
Med's Done....
22/06/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 june 2013
LANDED..........
20 june 2013
Hey members i jst got this email from cic and i want my member to make it clear to me.please members had any one get this letter before n what did u do or send to them pls help me out
Date: April 25, 2013

UCI:............

P.O.Box.............

Ghana

Dear .....................

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
(b) a dependent child of the sponsor;
(c) the sponsor's mother or father;
(d) the mother or father of the sponsor's mother or father;
(f) a person whose parents are deceased, who is under 18 years of age, who is not a spouse or common-law partner and who is
(i) the child of the sponsor's mother or father,
(ii) a child of a child of the sponsor's mother or father, or
(iii) a child of the sponsor's child; or
(h) a relative of the sponsor, regardless of age, if the sponsor does not have a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a child, a mother or father, a relative who is a child of that mother or father, a relative who is a child of a child of that mother or father, a mother or father of that mother or father or a relative who is a child of the mother or father of that mother or father
(i) who is a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident,
(ii) whose application to enter and remain in Canada as a permanent resident the sponsor may otherwise sponsor.
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.
In order to come to a final determination in your case I will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
@ LEEPOPO

I am really sorry the VO thinks your relationship is not genuine . You are given 30 days to send more evidence that your marriage is not for migration purpose. Gather more proves from now on ,more phone bills, photos,emails,travel ticket and many more, send it to them before 30days. Most importantly keep praying,believe me it is only prayer that can change these people's mind once they have the impression that your marriage is not genuine.

By the way what where the things you sent to them before ?

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.
14/11/12
File Transfer...
14/11/12
Med's Done....
22/06/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 june 2013
LANDED..........
20 june 2013
@monalizy
I send old pics like 2004 pics wen we meet n 2008 emails we sent to each other. Our marriage certificate n last year pics when we got married.pictures wit her frds frm canada and our skype andn blackberry conversation. Western union receipt. Even now as am talkin now ma wife is here wit me so what shld we do now

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
LEEPOPO said:
@ monalizy
I send old pics like 2004 pics wen we meet n 2008 emails we sent to each other. Our marriage certificate n last year pics when we got married.pictures wit her frds frm canada and our skype andn blackberry conversation. Western union receipt. Even now as am talkin now ma wife is here wit me so what shld we do now
Send them more pictures ,phone records and many more from the time you sent in your application up to this moment. Since your wife is there with you send them ticket and snap more pictures with both families that will show you n your wife with families.
Charlie ! Just get all prove from the time you sent the application and write a letter to them explaining any reasons why they should not doubt your relationship. My case is even worst than your cos I never really had much evidence to sent to them but they still approve my husband for the visa.

LEEPOPO

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/12
Doc's Request.
25/04/13
AOR Received.