+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

carolyou

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,I have a question,i got ready for visa, I am primary applicant with one dependant ,my son ,he is Canadian ,should I send his passport as well or only send my own ? thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,I have a question,i got ready for visa, I am primary applicant with one dependant ,my son ,he is Canadian ,should I send his passport as well or only send my own ? thank you
When you say, he is Canadian, I assume, you mean he is a Canadian citizen.

If that is the case, you do not need to send his passport, only yours. By virtue of he being a Canadian citizen, he should have a Canadian Passport and does not need a visa.

trueblue88

Apr 17, 2015
Hello Legalfalcon,

I have a past employer but the letter they gave me doesnt quite follow all of CIC requisites for job experience, NOC verification, and they are unhelpful people to say the least. If CIC reviews this letter, they might reject my application.

I applied for PR as provincial nominee because past employers are not a requirement, but the process is taking a long time. Does CIC also check past employers for provincial nominees?

I have an EE ITA but my past employer counts for points, so CIC will review this letter. Should I risk it and apply for EE for a faster processing, since CIC might check past employers anyway in PNP? Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,

I have a past employer but the letter they gave me doesnt quite follow all of CIC requisites for job experience, NOC verification, and they are unhelpful people to say the least. If CIC reviews this letter, they might reject my application.

I applied for PR as provincial nominee because past employers are not a requirement, but the process is taking a long time. Does CIC also check past employers for provincial nominees?

I have an EE ITA but my past employer counts for points, so CIC will review this letter. Should I risk it and apply for EE for a faster processing, since CIC might check past employers anyway in PNP? Thanks!

If your past employer is not you can explain this in LoE and add additional documents to verify your experience. Some of the documents you can include are:

1. Salary slips
2. Income tax returns
3. Letters from colleagues, supervisors, clients etc.
4. Joining and leaving letters.
5. Any certificates awarded.

A combination of these with the LoE will be sufficient to get through.

Reactions: trueblue88

trueblue88

Apr 17, 2015
If your past employer is not you can explain this in LoE and add additional documents to verify your experience. Some of the documents you can include are:

1. Salary slips
2. Income tax returns
3. Letters from colleagues, supervisors, clients etc.
4. Joining and leaving letters.
5. Any certificates awarded.

A combination of these with the LoE will be sufficient to get through.
Thanks for your fast response. Do you know if CIC also reviews old employers in PNP application?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your fast response. Do you know if CIC also reviews old employers in PNP application?
If you are claiming points for your work experience, then they may if there are any red flags.

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Falcon

I have 14 years work experience in the same company in Dubai. However I joined at an entry level position and now i am Director and head of the department. There were atleast 5 different designations with 3 different NOC codes, that changed in the last 14 years mainly due to promotion.
For my employment reference letter, do I need letters for all these 5 potions or just 1 for my current position.
Can I present my promotion letters for the previous 4 positions.
TIA

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
No, The day you file your application, it is locked. Moreover, the money you make is irrelevant, and not a factor in express entry. Salary statements are usually submitted to verify the employment. No need to raise a CSE.
Thank u very much. Just one question out of curiosity as i am not a very old member of this forum, u have quick answers to the questions, are u into immigration consultancy? Further, i hope u wud have already got ur PR quit a time ago?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank u very much. Just one question out of curiosity as i am not a very old member of this forum, u have quick answers to the questions, are u into immigration consultancy? Further, i hope u wud have already got ur PR quit a time ago?
No, and yes!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@socrates Answering your question here:

Section 19(1) of Canada’s Immigration Act lists criteria under which certain people applying for landed status would be rejected. The criteria includes barring people who “may have” committed acts of “terrorism,” either directly or by being “members of an organization” that has engaged in terrorist or espionage activities. In IRCC draws upon the definition and description of “threats to the security of Canada,” as provided under Section 2 of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act. The same process applies to citizenship applicants, the authority of which is provided under Section 19 of the Citizenship Act.

The Security checks are conducted by CSIS, and are a complicated process, which involves reviewing databases, doing checks and correspondence with other countries. It can take as little as 2 weeks, to as long as 10 months, or even longer. All depends on the complexity of the application, his place of origin, and other factors. I have written a post on the forum on this, which you can review.

Also this would be worth reading. Its old, but gives a sense as to what happens:

https://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf

Reactions: Faky201

socrates

Mar 13, 2013
@socrates Answering your question here:

Section 19(1) of Canada’s Immigration Act lists criteria under which certain people applying for landed status would be rejected. The criteria includes barring people who “may have” committed acts of “terrorism,” either directly or by being “members of an organization” that has engaged in terrorist or espionage activities. In IRCC draws upon the definition and description of “threats to the security of Canada,” as provided under Section 2 of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act. The same process applies to citizenship applicants, the authority of which is provided under Section 19 of the Citizenship Act.

The Security checks are conducted by CSIS, and are a complicated process, which involves reviewing databases, doing checks and correspondence with other countries. It can take as little as 2 weeks, to as long as 10 months, or even longer. All depends on the complexity of the application, his place of origin, and other factors. I have written a post on the forum on this, which you can review.

Also this would be worth reading. Its old, but gives a sense as to what happens:

https://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf
Thank you legalfalcon. Very informative. Really appreciate your patience to answer everyone's queries.

Reactions: Faky201

Prquestions

Jun 9, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My question is regarding the letter of employment. I have a letter which follows all the requirements (dates, salary, benefits, working hours, duties/responsibilities etc). I even have 2 business cards attached to it. Problem is that even tho letter is signed and stamped, it doesnt show the date its signed.

Do you think this letter would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My question is regarding the letter of employment. I have a letter which follows all the requirements (dates, salary, benefits, working hours, duties/responsibilities etc). I even have 2 business cards attached to it. Problem is that even tho letter is signed and stamped, it doesnt show the date its signed.

Do you think this letter would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!
All employment reference letters have to be dated. This is what ascertains as to when they were issued. Without a date, the reference letter will create unnecessary red flags, which will lead to more probing and delaying the processing of your file.