+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a couple of questions regarding the EE background check. Hope you could help.

1.How does the VO usually conduct the check? Do they call the recommenders through the numbers we provided in the reference letter? Or do they find the company contact number from the internet and call? Do they verify the info from the HR people or just whoever picks up the phone?

2. Is it true that there's a bigger chance for background check for the current company? Some say they don't usually contact the previous employers. (a little worried because I have left the previous company for a long time, people there probably don't know me any more)

3. Is every applicant going to be checked or they just pick some of them?

One more question about fund: It is OK if I used my wife's fund and account info for application, right? (I am the primary applicant.)

Thanks so much for the help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a couple of questions regarding the EE background check. Hope you could help.

1.How does the VO usually conduct the check? Do they call the recommenders through the numbers we provided in the reference letter? Or do they find the company contact number from the internet and call? Do they verify the info from the HR people or just whoever picks up the phone?

The checks you are referring to are employment and eligibility checks to ensure that there is no misrepresentation. These are different from the BGC, where security, criminal connections, human right violations etc are checked.

When it comes to employment verification, this starts with screening the application seeing for red flags. As in age, education, work being done and the education attained. If there are doubts, then the verification starts with a basic internet search, to verify the company details. If its a big company, then an applicants linked profiles, and other internet presence is checked. Most verifications end here. Only in cases where things do not match, that is when phone calls or physical visits are made.

Another triggering point is using consultants who in the past have been involved with applicants who were investigated. So if you have engaged such a consultant, there will be higher scrutiny.

2. Is it true that there's a bigger chance for background check for the current company? Some say they don't usually contact the previous employers. (a little worried because I have left the previous company for a long time, people there probably don't know me any more)

Read above. In most cases previous companies are not contacted, and even if they are, it is just to verify the existence of the company as IRCC is aware that after an employe leaves the company, people may not know him, depending on how much time has lapsed.

3. Is every applicant going to be checked or they just pick some of them?

Not every applicant is checked. Only a handful of them are who show a classic pattern, some of which are described above.

One more question about fund: It is OK if I used my wife's fund and account info for application, right? (I am the primary applicant.)

YEs, as long as your wife is accompanying you and is named on the application.

Thanks so much for the help.

Reactions: Faky201

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi legalfalcon!
I have another question. It is similar to one asked above about name change due to marriage. My education documents are in my maiden name. My passport will expire in a few months. I'm thinking of renewing it using my new surname. What documents do I need to provide to CIC that I am the same person. Should I change my name in my EE profile as well?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon!
I have another question. It is similar to one asked above about name change due to marriage. My education documents are in my maiden name. My passport will expire in a few months. I'm thinking of renewing it using my new surname. What documents do I need to provide to CIC that I am the same person. Should I change my name in my EE profile as well?
All you need is a marriage certificate, the passport with the new name, and a Letter of Explanation explaining this. That is all.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
For change of name after marriage, there is no need for an affidavit. The copies of marriage certificate, and the passport are sufficient. Though, you should mention it in the LoE, just to make sure.
Thanks. I had mentioned this fact in the LoE while submitting the eAPR. So would you recommend attaching the affidavit now by way of CSE or would it raise queries as to why it was not submitted earlier?

One more query, we had also applied for work permits which have now been granted. I had disclosed this fact in the eAPR and also mentiined the application number. Should i now raise a CSE mentioning that work permits have been granted and the respective UCI just to be transparent.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks. I had mentioned this fact in the LoE while submitting the eAPR. So would you recommend attaching the affidavit now by way of CSE or would it raise queries as to why it was not submitted earlier?

Read the answer above, no need for affidavit.

One more query, we had also applied for work permits which have now been granted. I had disclosed this fact in the eAPR and also mentiined the application number. Should i now raise a CSE mentioning that work permits have been granted and the respective UCI just to be transparent.

Not needed, the IRCC is ware of the work permits. The two processes, except BOWP, is separate processes and one does not influence the other.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
@legalfalcon

Hi. My wife and I live in the UAE and I have an employment visa and my wife is on my sponsorship. On my wife's visa it says 'House wife - Not allowed to work'. This is what they put for everyone who is under the husbands sponsorship here.

Thing is, my wife has been working remotely (from home) for the same company she used to work for in India for the past 3 years. She has over 6 years experience with this company.
If she's the primary (or even secondary) applicant, will this be a problem? Would CIC ask for proof of being allowed to work in the country of residence etc.? Are there any ways to get around this?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi. My wife and I live in the UAE and I have an employment visa and my wife is on my sponsorship. On my wife's visa it says 'House wife - Not allowed to work'. This is what they put for everyone who is under the husbands sponsorship here.

Thing is, my wife has been working remotely (from home) for the same company she used to work for in India for the past 3 years. She has over 6 years experience with this company.
If she's the primary (or even secondary) applicant, will this be a problem? Would CIC ask for proof of being allowed to work in the country of residence etc.? Are there any ways to get around this?

Thanks
Off the bat, if she is the primary or secondary applicant, and is not claiming points for her work experience, there is no need to worry as you don't have to furnish reference letters for experience you are not getting points for. However, when it comes to being in a country, where you are not authorized to work, and you work, even remotely, there are many factors that have to be looked into.

Although, it is highly unlikely that IRCC will probe this deep, but they may, especially when your status does not allow you to work and you claim points for work experience for that duration.

The factors are looked into are:

1. Where is the company located.
2. The terms and conditions of work.
3. Where was the salary / compensation being sent
4. How were the number of hours computed.
5. The nature of job - professional, as in a lawyer, doctor etc.
6. The immigration laws of the specific country you are in.

There is no straight jacket formula for this. To answer, I will need more details.

Reactions: Immigreat81

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Off the bat, if she is the primary or secondary applicant, and is not claiming points for her work experience, there is no need to worry as you don't have to furnish reference letters for experience you are not getting points for. However, when it comes to being in a country, where you are not authorized to work, and you work, even remotely, there are many factors that have to be looked into.

Although, it is highly unlikely that IRCC will probe this deep, but they may, especially when your status does not allow you to work and you claim points for work experience for that duration.

The factors are looked into are:

1. Where is the company located.
2. The terms and conditions of work.
3. Where was the salary / compensation being sent
4. How were the number of hours computed.
5. The nature of job - professional, as in a lawyer, doctor etc.
6. The immigration laws of the specific country you are in.

There is no straight jacket formula for this. To answer, I will need more details.
Thanks for the quick response!

Well, we are thinking of making her the primary applicant depending on both our ECA and IELTS results. It will just be simpler as it's one job for her so one experience letter and an easy to identify NOC code.

To answer your questions:

1. Where is the company located - India
2. The terms and conditions of work - Consultant; works 3-5 days a week and is paid based on the number of days she works a month
3. Where was the salary / compensation being sent - Indian bank account (we're Indians)
4. How were the number of hours computed. - 8 hours per day
5. The nature of job - professional, as in a lawyer, doctor etc. - HR / Admin Manager
6. The immigration laws of the specific country you are in. - We're in the UAE. To work here, every non-national needs a sponsor. In my case, it's my company. And then I sponsor my wife as my dependent.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the quick response!

Well, we are thinking of making her the primary applicant depending on both our ECA and IELTS results. It will just be simpler as it's one job for her so one experience letter and an easy to identify NOC code.

To answer your questions:

1. Where is the company located - India
2. The terms and conditions of work - Consultant; works 3-5 days a week and is paid based on the number of days she works a month
3. Where was the salary / compensation being sent - Indian bank account (we're Indians)
4. How were the number of hours computed. - 8 hours per day
5. The nature of job - professional, as in a lawyer, doctor etc. - HR / Admin Manager
6. The immigration laws of the specific country you are in. - We're in the UAE. To work here, every non-national needs a sponsor. In my case, it's my company. And then I sponsor my wife as my dependent.
Based on the information you have provided, you can definitely have your spouse as the primary applicant. You will have to make sure that you draft the reference letters that depict this situation well. IRCC may be suspicious of working remotely. But a well drafted reference letter and given that the employer is a well established company, will take care of these issues.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Based on the information you have provided, you can definitely have your spouse as the primary applicant. You will have to make sure that you draft the reference letters that depict this situation well. IRCC may be suspicious of working remotely. But a well drafted reference letter and given that the employer is a well established company, will take care of these issues.
That's relieving to know. Thanks muchly!
If I may, have you heard of www.docveri.com? I may want to use them to a) find my NOC code, and b) to ask them the same question. Any idea how legit and useful they are?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
That's relieving to know. Thanks muchly!
If I may, have you heard of www.docveri.com? I may want to use them to a) find my NOC code, and b) to ask them the same question. Any idea how legit and useful they are?
Never heard of them and I cannot vouch for them. Moreover, on their website they do not state who is reviewing the documents, consultants / lawyers, and if they are, where are they registered.

Send me a PM and we can discuss this.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Thank u very much. Anither question - i had uploaded my last appraisal letter as proof if annual compensation. Now the salary has been revised. Am i required to raise CSE and attach the new letter?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank u very much. Anither question - i had uploaded my last appraisal letter as proof if annual compensation. Now the salary has been revised. Am i required to raise CSE and attach the new letter?
No, The day you file your application, it is locked. Moreover, the money you make is irrelevant, and not a factor in express entry. Salary statements are usually submitted to verify the employment. No need to raise a CSE.