Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
fkl said:
how abt urine test for kids under 5?
My kids had to go through it but they're above 5 so not sure what's their policy.... But u can ask them at the time of booking the appointment...

zizu

okkashif

Jan 7, 2010
I need an honest advice from you guys, i hope u will help me in this regards,

I need a work permit of canada, can anyone give me the consultant link who can arrange work permit for me?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys, any update at ur end? Its getting really frustrating now.......any idea what time does CIC send out decision emails here in Pakistan?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
hey guys, any update at ur end? Its getting really frustrating now.......any idea what time does CIC send out decision emails here in Pakistan?
We went through medicals today. The time estimates are a few weeks to a month in general after medical. In some exceptional cases it even takes longer so please be patient. Also as of few recent cases of study visa, they have stopped sending approval emails and rather people receive intimation from courier for passports being received.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
We went through medicals today. The time estimates are a few weeks to a month in general after medical. In some exceptional cases it even takes longer so please be patient. Also as of few recent cases of study visa, they have stopped sending approval emails and rather people receive intimation from courier for passports being received.
Thanks for the reply, ur helpful as ever. I think another issue is that they usually send out the passports in batches, thats why there is this delay after the medicals....I have observed that there are a few applicants who had their medical calls around the time that we had ours and they're still waiting for the visa. Even after passport request.

@zizzu any update at your end?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Thanks for the reply, ur helpful as ever. I think another issue is that they usually send out the passports in batches, thats why there is this delay after the medicals....I have observed that there are a few applicants who had their medical calls around the time that we had ours and they're still waiting for the visa. Even after passport request.

@ zizzu any update at your end?
No problem. I am glad to be of any help.

That is true. I am actually feeling that you believe there is no processing left after the medical. That is not the case. The details are not clear to me though, but i have heard of a few refusals / objections post medical EVEN WHEN THEY WERE NOT RELEVANT TO MEDICALS. These are very rare though and may be a few over several years, but that still happens.

My current understanding is that there is some thing like back ground check of profiles which is done after every thing else. For some cases it comes instantaneously, where as for others it takes a lot of time. Still in work permit case, waiting for a month after medicals is reasonable and shouldn't be considered delayed at all.

I was waiting for zizu to disclose it himself, but probably he is not around yet. So just FYI, he did get visas just recently. I know because he asked me something specific since he had some concerns about the details.

I guess he would share the details himself once around.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
No problem. I am glad to be of any help.

That is true. I am actually feeling that you believe there is no processing left after the medical. That is not the case. The details are not clear to me though, but i have heard of a few refusals / objections post medical EVEN WHEN THEY WERE NOT RELEVANT TO MEDICALS. These are very rare though and may be a few over several years, but that still happens.

My current understanding is that there is some thing like back ground check of profiles which is done after every thing else. For some cases it comes instantaneously, where as for others it takes a lot of time. Still in work permit case, waiting for a month after medicals is reasonable and shouldn't be considered delayed at all.

I was waiting for zizu to disclose it himself, but probably he is not around yet. So just FYI, he did get visas just recently. I know because he asked me something specific since he had some concerns about the details.

I guess he would share the details himself once around.
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time in my hand! :-(......I'm not sure how much longer my supervisor would be willing to wait....its not that he might find someone else, its just that he might take the position down altogether if the wait is too long

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
okkashif said:
I need an honest advice from you guys, i hope u will help me in this regards,

I need a work permit of canada, can anyone give me the consultant link who can arrange work permit for me?
The question is pretty weird and was the reason didn't get much attention.

We don't know of any good consultants. Besides they can't do any thing beyond filling forms and submitting applications on your behalf that you can do yourself if you are educated, can read / write and follow instructions.

Work permit requires an LMO which requires a job offer from a Canadian employer. This is a tough task to achieve while sitting in Pakistan and the reasons involve possessing some skills which are hard to find in Canada.

It is true that some consultants have made fake or some what companies in Canada and try to get people from here on supposed LMO's by charging those people a lot of money. Please be informed that

a. Government of Canada has toughen the work visa process and it is more difficult to do so now.
b. There is a very active chance of fraud in this situation - so better think twice before paying some one a lot of money for this.
c. Even if they do get you in Canada, it likely wouldn't be a very practical living job. So you really need to look if that is worth the effort and cost i.e. going to Canada, barely doing a hand to mouth job, bearing extreme weather and language differences. Is it all worth? Can't you make good enough Pakistan?

I am sorry if i sound harsh, but there is no formal standing of consultants. If there was, then CIC would have officially supported so. You should rather sharpen your skills and apply to real jobs posted online in Canada to get through those. If you can't then better way is to save a lot of money and meanwhile apply for permanent immigration.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time in my hand! :-(......I'm not sure how much longer my supervisor would be willing to wait....its not that he might find someone else, its just that he might take the position down altogether if the wait is too long
I understand that, but you are very close now. May i suggest risking some money and get a pre booked ticket. If you have to cancel or reschedule, it would cost money but that is far better than losing the opportunity at all.

I hope and pray that you would hear from them with in 15 days. If i were you, i would pick a most probable time frame (i.e. as far as my supervisor can wait, get a seat booked for then, LET SUPERVISOR KNOW and hope for the best.

One more thing, if your supervisor is on a clear deadline or he can write a letter stating the urgency, it is a very good idea to email those together (With contact info to confirm) to CIC.

I have seen cases where people email the embassy requesting urgency of such situations and often embassy does accelerate their cases. Try that.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I understand that, but you are very close now. May i suggest risking some money and get a pre booked ticket. If you have to cancel or reschedule, it would cost money but that is far better than losing the opportunity at all.

I hope and pray that you would hear from them with in 15 days. If i were you, i would pick a most probable time frame (i.e. as far as my supervisor can wait, get a seat booked for then, LET SUPERVISOR KNOW and hope for the best.

One more thing, if your supervisor is on a clear deadline or he can write a letter stating the urgency, it is a very good idea to email those together (With contact info to confirm) to CIC.

I have seen cases where people email the embassy requesting urgency of such situations and often embassy does accelerate their cases. Try that.
Both your suggestions are very important. I will looking into pre-booking a ticket at a suitable date. As for the email to embassy, I'll discuss it with my supervisor. For background checks, I know they haven't contacted my current employer yet. When do you think they usually make these checks?

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
Auone said:

@ zizzu any update at your end?
Yes I got the visa in about 2 weeks after my medicals... Don't know how much it matters whether you've applied via Gerry's or done it yourself online... Mine was online application... Plus my case was kind of 'solid' enough as my PNP app is already in the system and I used the same UCI for the app....

It's a black hole man... Anything is possible and nothing may matter...

zizu

BlankCheck

Apr 10, 2013
dear fkl or zizu! its a humble request to u people ! what kind of immigration is suitable for me and which documents are required to submit please do not share A link i want to know ur own experience about documents !i have done masters (MBA) Accountant about 4 years experience have ielts too 5.0 my big brother is also in tronto and Canadian passport holder too...but don't know how to initiate recently i got refusal on open work permit with stupid and Almost same refusal that u do not satisfied me you would leave Canada.....pc..bullshitt....please guys do favour ( ikramusman@ymail.com ) i hope u people do ur best for me!thanx

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
BlankCheck said:
dear fkl or zizu! its a humble request to u people ! what kind of immigration is suitable for me and which documents are required to submit please do not share A link i want to know ur own experience about documents !i have done masters (MBA) Accountant about 4 years experience have ielts too 5.0 my big brother is also in tronto and Canadian passport holder too...but don't know how to initiate recently i got refusal on open work permit with stupid and Almost same refusal that u do not satisfied me you would leave Canada.....pc..bull*censored word*t....please guys do favour ( ikramusman @ ymail.com ) i hope u people do ur best for me!thanx
The question is very much open ended and i find it difficult to answer.

a. You mentioned you got a refusal with open work permit. What were the basis for the application? You either have a spouse who is a permanent resident or on temp work permit in a skilled job to be able to apply for open work permit. The other possibility is that you get a Canadian masters degree on student visa and then get a Post graduate work permit for 3 years which is kind of equivalent to open work permit. If you do not fall into any of these, then it definitely would be a refusal irrespective of the wordings of response.

b. You should apply for standard points based immigration. I guess it is called FSW1 or 2. One of these is offered when you have a job offer, but the other does not require that although it takes years to process. I think that is the only way for you in terms of immigration.

c. Perhaps the quickest possible way to go to Canada in my opinion for you would be to apply for a Masters in your domain in Canada. You have an MBA which is like equivalent to a 14 year degree here. So it might be a good idea to pursue that. If you get admission in a good university, and have sufficient funds to back up, the visa process is pretty smooth.

Otherwise, you have to find an employer to offer you a job and go through the pains of LMO in order to get you a work permit.

Hope that helps.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its all gone really quiet at CHC ISB again......wonder what those guys are up to :p

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I guess they are again starting to pick up surge in applications due to January intake. Though it would still not be much.

I can tell you that i emailed them this morning that i took medicals a week ago and confirmed yesterday that the results have been uploaded. So just making sure it is available for CIC to review.

I got response a few hours latter that "the info i provided will be put on my file".