Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, finally i've got the infamous protectorate stamp on my passport........boy its an annoying and frustrating process :-@

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
Auone said:
Guys, finally i've got the infamous protectorate stamp on my passport........boy its an annoying and frustrating process :- @
Share the experience dost... As I have to go thru the same experience as well... Which city you chose to get this stamp from ??? And when r u flying and to which province??? ( too many personnel questions?? PM me if that suits u)...

I am planning tentatively in November....

zizu...

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
zizu said:
Share the experience dost... As I have to go thru the same experience as well... Which city you chose to get this stamp from ??? And when r u flying and to which province??? ( too many personnel questions?? PM me if that suits u)...

I am planning tentatively in November....

zizu...
This is what happens when one gets too excited :)... Read the last post first and then found the answers to my qs on Previous page !:)

Well I'll be getting my stamps in City of lights :)... And my travel agent promises me to get it done with minimum hassle :)let's see... My plan is to leave sometime in November inshallah...

London isn't too far from TO... Let's hookup...

zizu...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Guys, finally i've got the infamous protectorate stamp on my passport........boy its an annoying and frustrating process :- @
Great! Congrats. It would be very helpful to elaborate a bit please.

My situation would be unique since i might have to get it done from ISB, so perhaps i can use your experience.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Great! Congrats. It would be very helpful to elaborate a bit please.

My situation would be unique since i might have to get it done from ISB, so perhaps i can use your experience.
First of all, sorry for the delay in replying, I was really busy last night and the whole of today moving home back from islamabad to khewra (my home town). But, heres a detailed response:

First up, NICOP:
I went to NADRA office in Blue Area, the same day as I got my passport back at VAC. Got the passport at around 2:15pm. Went straight to the NADRA office, and at least in that particular office, they issue token till 3:30pm to begin NICOP application process. Also, I have been told that this office is slightly less busy than the other ones. Its like right opposite to the Polyclinic Hospital.

Now, first, the important thing: You DO NOT need to take any relative along. All you need is to know the ID card of some relative which you may enter on the form as witness. I just gave them my Father's CNIC number in the data collection process. Now the application process for NICOP:
STEP 1: Go to the main reception, show them your CNIC and your passport and they issue you the token after payment.(Regular Fee PKR 5400; Urgent: PKR 9700).

STEP 2: Photo capturing (Self Explanatory)

STEP 3: Data entry.

STEP 4: Data Verification. (This is where they might ask you to provide the CNIC number of a Pakistani Citizen. For me, they didn't even ask for that, I mentioned it myself and his response was like "Whatever, OK give it."

STEP 5: They print the form and ask you to get it attested from a 17th Grade Officer.

STEP 6: Bring the form back after the attestation, take it to the main reception, they will receive it and stamp the token receipt that they provided you at the beginning of the whole process. This token receipt is then used for the actual Protectoral Office Stamp process.

Now, the protectoral office stamp process will be explained in my next message, the one which follows shortly.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now, over to the process of Protectoral Stamp.

First important thing: Location of the office, its in summer plaza in chandani chowk: To get there, here are the directions: Note, I assume you ahve reached Chandani Chowk already; Now, take the road which goes towards the Commercial Market, after a drive of about a minute, minute and half, you will reach a small round-about. Just before reaching the round-about, look towards your left and you will see the board of the Protectoral Office (Ground Floor, and at the very corner of the building)(Green board with white fonts). So you've got to the office. What to do there:

First, the documents that you'll need:

1) Original passport with stamped visa.
2) Photocopy of the first and second page of the passport.
3) Photocopy of the visa.
4) Offer Letter/Contract. If you don't have these, you'll need to sign an affidavit. I had the offer letter, so didn't have to do this so I dont know much about the contents of the affidavit or where to get it from. But since I saw a lot of people carrying very SIMILAR LOOKING affidavits :p, my hunch is that you can get this done through agents sitting outside the office.
5) The Letter of Introduction which is provided along with your visa.
6) Original NICOP receipt. They'll just see this and return it to you and ask you to submit it's photocopy.
7) Photocopy of the NICOP receipt.
8) Photocopy of the ID card of your Insurance Nominee.
9) Copy of CNIC.
10) One passport sized photograph to be attached to the application form.

Now, over to the application process:

1) Take all these documents to the counter. The guy at the counter will ask you where you are going. I think he is not authorized to accept the documents for CANADA work permit applicants without prior approval from the manager in the office. He will direct you to the manager. So you got to the manager, he will see your documents, staple them together and ask you to take them back to the guy on the main counter who will now have a look at the documents and give you the forms and return you the stapled documents as well, since you have to submit these document back to the same COUNTER guy along with filled forms and bank receipts. If the manager feels he needs some additional documents, he will mention this on the stapled documents.

2) Now, the forms that the guy at the counter gives you are as follows:
i) Emigrant/Employee Registration Form.
ii) Insurance form.
iii) National bank chalans for registration fee. Note, the Welfare Fee mentioned on the main application form is to be submitted to Habib Bank and Protectoral office does not normally provide the deposit slips for HBL. You have to obtain them from the bank (More on this later).
iv) Consent/Declaration Form.

Here's how you proceed:

STEP 1: Fill all the forms and also enter your name and passport number and father's name on the chalans of National Bank.

STEP 2: The insurance documents have to be submitted at the Insurance counter within the Protectoral Office. You'll understand all the different counters once you get to the office so don't worry about this. Now, here what you submit at the insurance counter:

i) Filled insurance form.
ii) CNIC photocopy of the person you nominate for your insurance.
iii) Your Original Passport.
iv) Your Original CNIC.
v) Insurance fee of PKR 2000.
The guy at the insurance counter will collect the above mentioned docs and money and ask you to return after 1 Hour.
In the meantime, you do the following:

STEP 3: Go to National Bank in Commercial Market. Submit the fee chalan that you got along with your application package and pay the require amount of PKR 2500. NBP will keep two copies of the chalan and return one to you. Keep it safe since you have to attach this to your main application that you submit at the end.

STEP 4: Go to Habib Bank, also in commercial market. Here, you have to submit the WELFARE fee, which I think goes to Overseas Pakistanis Foundation. Ask them for chalan/deposit slips for protectoral office. They will give it to you. Fill your details on these chalans/deposit slips and again keep your receipts safe for the same reason as mentioned at the end of STEP 3. Note that HBL will return you two copies of the receipt after payment, Green and Pink. Now, the advantage of the Commercial Bank Branch is that it is very close to the protectoral office and NBP, so everything can be done in almost the same place. However, the disadvantage is that its usually very busy, especially since its always full of agents who are carrying hundreds of receipts for their hundreds of clients. I faced another issue at this branch, they told me that they were out of deposit slips :-[. So, the ALTERNATIVE: There are 3 other Habib bank branches where you can submit this fee. I remember two, which are Murree Road Branch and I-8 Markaz Branch. I went to the Murree Road Branch and got everything sorted there.

STEP 5: Get back to the protectoral office, if it has been an hour since you submitted your insurance documents, then go to the insurance counter. Tell them your name and they will return you your passport, CNIC, Original Bima Policy Document/Receipt and its pink copy.

STEP 5: Enter all the 4 fee chalan/receipt numbers (NICOP (Tracking number mentioned on the NICOP receipt), NBP, HBL, Insurance) in the main Emigrant/Employee Registration Form.

STEP 6: Arrange your documents as follows:

i) Emigrant/Employee Registration Form.
ii) The three payment Receipts. (Note: Here, attach the PINK copy of the insurance receipt and GREEN COPY of the HBL Receipt)
iii) All the required documents mentioned at the beginning of this message.
iv) The consent declaration form.
Hold all these documents in one hand. In the other hand, hold these two things:

i) Your original passport.
ii) ORIGINAL Bema policy/Insurance document/receipt.

STEP 7: Go to the counter where you went in STEP 1, i.e., the guy who originally gave you the application package to OFFICIALLY start this HELLISH day for you :p. The guy at the counter will staple everything together as per requirement, and ask you to return at 16:00 Hours/4 pm to collect your passport.

STEP 8: Wait, wait andddddddddd wait.

STEP 9: Go for document collection at 16:00.

Note: Normally, its mentioned on boards inside the office that the applications are accepted only till 12:00 noon. However, at least yesterday, they accepted applications till 13:00. Don't count on it though, it all depends on their mood!!!!!

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zizu said:
This is what happens when one gets too excited :)... Read the last post first and then found the answers to my qs on Previous page !:)

Well I'll be getting my stamps in City of lights :)... And my travel agent promises me to get it done with minimum hassle :)let's see... My plan is to leave sometime in November inshallah...

London isn't too far from TO... Let's hookup...

zizu...
Sure man, I will visit Toronto quite oftenly since I've got some relatives there.......we should definitely hook up there some time

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thanks Auone for a detailed explanation on the protectorate stamp +1. That really helps. The one's i knew of first hand experiences were either from Lahore or Karachi, where they were insistent on seeing the witness in person. :) Pakistan....

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Thanks Auone for a detailed explanation on the protectorate stamp +1. That really helps. The one's i knew of first hand experiences were either from Lahore or Karachi, where they were insistent on seeing the witness in person. :) Pakistan....
Haha.........yeah, anything and everything's possible

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@zizu With respect to your open work permit, the protectoral stamp inside your passport mentions the name of the employer aswell, so again, I don't know how your case will proceed at the protectoral office. My wife will also be applying for owp on spousal visa basis. So please let me know how you proceed.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
@ zizu With respect to your open work permit, the protectoral stamp inside your passport mentions the name of the employer aswell, so again, I don't know how your case will proceed at the protectoral office. My wife will also be applying for owp on spousal visa basis. So please let me know how you proceed.
I don't know what happens in this case, but it DOES get through easily i.e. shouldn't be something to worry about. A former (and expected future) colleague of mine went around Feb 2013. He had also gotten open work permit for his wife who traveled alone a month latter. Just that he had gotten protectorate stamps for both together.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I don't know what happens in this case, but it DOES get through easily i.e. shouldn't be something to worry about. A former (and expected future) colleague of mine went around Feb 2013. He had also gotten open work permit for his wife who traveled alone a month latter. Just that he had gotten protectorate stamps for both together.
Hmm, well that's encouraging to hear. But if its possible for you, please do ask your colleague about what's written inside his wife's passport, i.e., with reference to the protectoral stamp.

AKJECP

Mar 20, 2013
Auone said:
Hmm, well that's encouraging to hear. But if its possible for you, please do ask your colleague about what's written inside his wife's passport, i.e., with reference to the protectoral stamp.

Dear Auone.

Hope you are fine and doing good.

I am a silent reader of this discussion and its really very helpful....I have also got my OWP visa from CHC Islamabad on 11-OCt-2013 and will go for Protector after EID holidays....

Can you pls suggest or you have any information that how much Canadian dollars we can take or required to take on OWP visa.

Thanks
Kind Regards

AKJECP

Mar 20, 2013
Dear Auone.

I am a silent reader of this discussion and its really very helpful....I have also got my OWP visa from CHC Islamabad on 11-OCt-2013 and will go for Protector after EID holidays....

Can you pls suggest or you have any information that how much Canadian dollars we can take or required to take on OWP visa.

Thanks
Kind Regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AKJECP said:
Dear Auone.

Thanks
Kind Regards
There is no money requirement in terms of min cash that you need to take along as per my knowledge.

Rather if you are carrying more than 10k CAD you have to tell them in advance (i.e. before they discover themselves).

You should rather be concerned about other things i.e. where would you stay, having contact info of employer etc. Since your case is an owp you probably need enough docs and should know the details of your sponsoring spouse.

I have read about people who are moving to Canada on immigration and without jobs with no one to support them carrying some where near 10k CAD. I suppose you are fine with even 1-2 k as well unless you need money to support your self there right after landing.

Just by the way, when did you take your medicals? Also were you applying for a single person or along with family?