+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you FKL. I will email and send them police certificate by email too. Yes, VO is CHC, Islamabad.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AOA all, By the grace of Allah our visas have been approved Alhamdulillah. Thanks a lot for support from all.

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the best way to contact CHC Islamabad? Usually they reply in how many days?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Email is the best (only) way. Their reply depends upon the situation.

Some times when the response does not require much effort on their part (my guess), it is pretty quick, specially if you send email early morning (just my experience due to many many emails that i have exchanged with them over the last ~10 months).

If it requires significant processing on their end, then it might take any where between 2-3 to 10-12 days.

Remember, answers are generally pre formatted i.e. may be they have 10 or more formatted answers for different situations and you get the same pretty much unless some thing radically changes.

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
which email did you use because I can't find any email on their website as such.

It says to contact through webform or fax or mail.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

This is email id of immigration section

Ali99065

Nov 20, 2013
I need help . Any one here can reply me about my case. I applied for work permit on basis of my employer in canada. I got LMO and every thing required. I applied through VAC in karachi with Bar coded form. I provided them with all my original documents and passport also.

My application was lodged on 1st august 2013. Still i didnt got any reply of CHC Islamabad. Neither the VAC has asked or called me about my passport or documents they had send to CHC Islamabad.

Its almost 16 weeks gone and 4 months around and i got no reply from embassy. What should i do now???? Its really painful that i have no info regarding where is my case ? would the provide me visa or not ??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You should email them at the above posted email address with your details i.e. Full name, DOB, passport #, address and date of submission and ask for status. At least they would give you a file # with some thing like "in process and under review".

In my opinion you should have done this max a month after submitting application. I know they say that you should not worry until average processing time is through, but at times your file is just lying dormant for some weird reasons.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I also underwent NICOP and protectorate office process recently. So thought of adding the info i gained to the really helpful details mentioned by Aoune.

First, regarding NICOP, NADRA would be okay to make NICOP from any where in Pakistan, but they would enter the same address as that on your NIC.

In my case the issue was, i had address of karachi on NIC and i just moved to Islamabad to settle my family there and leave for Canada alone initally - all in just 15 days. So i had no evidence of current address in Islamabad. NADRA asked me to submit affidevit / proof / rental agreement / house ownership etc. if i want to show an address of islamabad. I didn't have any of those, so they made my NICOP with address of Karachi though i applied and received it with in Islamabad. Normally they say the smart NICOP will be issued in 7-10 days and you will get an sms when it is done. The sms is not reliable (i never got one), but i went to NADRA on just the 6th day after application for SMART NICOP for Canada (fee PKR 9700), and it was already ready, so i collected it.

For the protectorate office, the main additional problem was, PROTECTORATE says they are only authorized to stamp it for people living in Islamabad with proof. They cannot even do this for people from punjab, let alone those from Karachi. So i must have to get it done from karachi (though i can fly from any where i choose).

This was a problem so i asked them for a solution to avoid having to go to Karachi. They again said i need a house contract or something similar. I didn't have that since we moved with my in laws in Islamabad and house was not in my name.

However, my former employer (who i just quit for going to Canada) and has head office in islamabad (but i used to work in their karachi office) was helpful here. I showed Protectorate my employee id with picture, former designation and islamabad address on card. He suggested i should get a letter on employer's letter head stating my current address and then may i can get through.

So i went to my head office, got a letter from them and went back to Protectorate office. I had to show it to one more person (the Director general since earlier i was dealing with assistant director - who signed on the letter and i was issued all the forms required.

New info

a) The forms and receipts for all 3 payments (National bank, HBL and Insurance) were provided by protectorate office in the same stapled bundle of forms. So you don't have to worry about one slip that Aoune mentioned one has to get on his own.

b) Both the bank payments are accepted upto 1:30 pm. After this they will generally be reluctant. Since i already wasted at least 3 hours going to blue area, getting letter and coming back, i was way past this time. Still i requested at each of the banks and after waiting very very patiently for cashier shb :) and explaining my situation - i was granted and got all payments done. Submitted my application around 3 with much difficulty because they normally don't accept applications at this time. So i had to request the same Assistant director who sent me to get the letter to help and he asked the guy to accept form.

Just in the normal Pakistani way - he did tell me AFTER i brought the letter (after having asked for it first) that "it is a favour to me - otherwise we won't accept private companies letter heads :)". So i thanked him for the favour and got it done.

Alhamdulillah i received it back around 4 pm - after much hectic day in which at one point i was quite sure i would have to go to karachi again to get it done on a day's notice or so.

One small tip is that instead of waiting outside in queues. Go to some authorized looking person, wait till he is free from other commitments and explain your situation. I wouldn't have gotten my stamp and forms submitted the same day had i not done this.

Auone said:
Now, over to the process of Protectoral Stamp.

First important thing: Location of the office, its in summer plaza in chandani chowk: To get there, here are the directions: Note, I assume you ahve reached Chandani Chowk already; Now, take the road which goes towards the Commercial Market, after a drive of about a minute, minute and half, you will reach a small round-about. Just before reaching the round-about, look towards your left and you will see the board of the Protectoral Office (Ground Floor, and at the very corner of the building)(Green board with white fonts). So you've got to the office. What to do there:

First, the documents that you'll need:

1) Original passport with stamped visa.
2) Photocopy of the first and second page of the passport.
3) Photocopy of the visa.
4) Offer Letter/Contract. If you don't have these, you'll need to sign an affidavit. I had the offer letter, so didn't have to do this so I dont know much about the contents of the affidavit or where to get it from. But since I saw a lot of people carrying very SIMILAR LOOKING affidavits :p, my hunch is that you can get this done through agents sitting outside the office.
5) The Letter of Introduction which is provided along with your visa.
6) Original NICOP receipt. They'll just see this and return it to you and ask you to submit it's photocopy.
7) Photocopy of the NICOP receipt.
8) Photocopy of the ID card of your Insurance Nominee.
9) Copy of CNIC.
10) One passport sized photograph to be attached to the application form.

Now, over to the application process:

1) Take all these documents to the counter. The guy at the counter will ask you where you are going. I think he is not authorized to accept the documents for CANADA work permit applicants without prior approval from the manager in the office. He will direct you to the manager. So you got to the manager, he will see your documents, staple them together and ask you to take them back to the guy on the main counter who will now have a look at the documents and give you the forms and return you the stapled documents as well, since you have to submit these document back to the same COUNTER guy along with filled forms and bank receipts. If the manager feels he needs some additional documents, he will mention this on the stapled documents.

2) Now, the forms that the guy at the counter gives you are as follows:
i) Emigrant/Employee Registration Form.
ii) Insurance form.
iii) National bank chalans for registration fee. Note, the Welfare Fee mentioned on the main application form is to be submitted to Habib Bank and Protectoral office does not normally provide the deposit slips for HBL. You have to obtain them from the bank (More on this later).
iv) Consent/Declaration Form.

Here's how you proceed:

STEP 1: Fill all the forms and also enter your name and passport number and father's name on the chalans of National Bank.

STEP 2: The insurance documents have to be submitted at the Insurance counter within the Protectoral Office. You'll understand all the different counters once you get to the office so don't worry about this. Now, here what you submit at the insurance counter:

i) Filled insurance form.
ii) CNIC photocopy of the person you nominate for your insurance.
iii) Your Original Passport.
iv) Your Original CNIC.
v) Insurance fee of PKR 2000.
The guy at the insurance counter will collect the above mentioned docs and money and ask you to return after 1 Hour.
In the meantime, you do the following:

STEP 3: Go to National Bank in Commercial Market. Submit the fee chalan that you got along with your application package and pay the require amount of PKR 2500. NBP will keep two copies of the chalan and return one to you. Keep it safe since you have to attach this to your main application that you submit at the end.

STEP 4: Go to Habib Bank, also in commercial market. Here, you have to submit the WELFARE fee, which I think goes to Overseas Pakistanis Foundation. Ask them for chalan/deposit slips for protectoral office. They will give it to you. Fill your details on these chalans/deposit slips and again keep your receipts safe for the same reason as mentioned at the end of STEP 3. Note that HBL will return you two copies of the receipt after payment, Green and Pink. Now, the advantage of the Commercial Bank Branch is that it is very close to the protectoral office and NBP, so everything can be done in almost the same place. However, the disadvantage is that its usually very busy, especially since its always full of agents who are carrying hundreds of receipts for their hundreds of clients. I faced another issue at this branch, they told me that they were out of deposit slips :-[. So, the ALTERNATIVE: There are 3 other Habib bank branches where you can submit this fee. I remember two, which are Murree Road Branch and I-8 Markaz Branch. I went to the Murree Road Branch and got everything sorted there.

STEP 5: Get back to the protectoral office, if it has been an hour since you submitted your insurance documents, then go to the insurance counter. Tell them your name and they will return you your passport, CNIC, Original Bima Policy Document/Receipt and its pink copy.

STEP 5: Enter all the 4 fee chalan/receipt numbers (NICOP (Tracking number mentioned on the NICOP receipt), NBP, HBL, Insurance) in the main Emigrant/Employee Registration Form.

STEP 6: Arrange your documents as follows:

i) Emigrant/Employee Registration Form.
ii) The three payment Receipts. (Note: Here, attach the PINK copy of the insurance receipt and GREEN COPY of the HBL Receipt)
iii) All the required documents mentioned at the beginning of this message.
iv) The consent declaration form.
Hold all these documents in one hand. In the other hand, hold these two things:

i) Your original passport.
ii) ORIGINAL Bema policy/Insurance document/receipt.

STEP 7: Go to the counter where you went in STEP 1, i.e., the guy who originally gave you the application package to OFFICIALLY start this HELLISH day for you :p. The guy at the counter will staple everything together as per requirement, and ask you to return at 16:00 Hours/4 pm to collect your passport.

STEP 8: Wait, wait andddddddddd wait.

STEP 9: Go for document collection at 16:00.

Note: Normally, its mentioned on boards inside the office that the applications are accepted only till 12:00 noon. However, at least yesterday, they accepted applications till 13:00. Don't count on it though, it all depends on their mood!!!!!

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
@fkl

Nice to see your experience
+1 for you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thank you newmanitoban. If this helps others going through the same process, it is worth writing every word here. :) All the best

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hi all, I like to apply temp work permit from pakistan my consultant told me within 32 working days you will get approval and CIC islamabad i do,t know how much time they will take to issue the visa. Is it right what my consultant said? please inform me how much time CIC islamabad will take assistance will be appreciated THANKS

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
sttk said:
Hi all, I like to apply temp work permit from pakistan my consultant told me within 32 working days you will get approval and CIC islamabad i do,t know how much time they will take to issue the visa. Is it right what my consultant said? please inform me how much time CIC islamabad will take assistance will be appreciated THANKS
hi
please dont count on your consultant. Chc islamabad taking maximum of nine months. According to my knowledge they will probably handle with in three to four months. Again i would remind you not to beleive hundredperent on days. Please do some research and inquire from our seniors like fkl.zizu. Atif. Etc

lets seniors elaborate this also.
Regards

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hi fkl.zizu. Atif. Etc please reply me regarding my previous post and how long it will take to get approval for temp work visa reply will be very helpful for me THANKS