London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I guess they are again starting to pick up surge in applications due to January intake. Though it would still not be much.

I can tell you that i emailed them this morning that i took medicals a week ago and confirmed yesterday that the results have been uploaded. So just making sure it is available for CIC to review.

I got response a few hours latter that "the info i provided will be put on my file".
Hmm, I got a similar response when I submitted my police clearance certificates. For me, on the 16th of Sept, they confirmed that they have received my medical results. So i'm counting days after the 16th of Sept. Its been two weeks since then but I have not heard anything back from them yet.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Hmm, I got a similar response when I submitted my police clearance certificates. For me, on the 16th of Sept, they confirmed that they have received my medical results. So i'm counting days after the 16th of Sept. Its been two weeks since then but I have not heard anything back from them yet.
So they are quick to respond to things they can provide immediate feedback on. IMHO, it can take any where between a few weeks to 1 - 1.5 month. I do understand your urgency though, since you were already short on time. Did you try any of those things i.e. emailing your supervisor to request faster processing since you are out of time, as well as asking CIC to possibly speed up?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
So they are quick to respond to things they can provide immediate feedback on. IMHO, it can take any where between a few weeks to 1 - 1.5 month. I do understand your urgency though, since you were already short on time. Did you try any of those things i.e. emailing your supervisor to request faster processing since you are out of time, as well as asking CIC to possibly speed up?
Yes, I have emailed them personally and asked my supervisor aswell. In my own email, I pointed out that postdoc positions are funding based and that these fundings have their timelines. So a delay could ultimately effect, not only the length of the employment but also the progress of the research project. As for supervisor, he is in US right now for some conference. He said he'll try to follow up as soon as possible. Thanks for your suggestions again by the way.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Yes, I have emailed them personally and asked my supervisor aswell. In my own email, I pointed out that postdoc positions are funding based and that these fundings have their timelines. So a delay could ultimately effect, not only the length of the employment but also the progress of the research project. As for supervisor, he is in US right now for some conference. He said he'll try to follow up as soon as possible. Thanks for your suggestions again by the way.
Glad to hear you tried that. Insha Allah you will get through soon and i am happy if my advice was useful.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Glad to hear you tried that. Insha Allah you will get through soon and i am happy if my advice was useful.
Thanks man, for the wishes and your advice. Hope we all get our decisions soon. It kind of leaves your life in the middle of nowhere in the sense that you have to postpone all your major decisions till you get the final decision on your application.

justujoo

Oct 1, 2013
Hello.
I am new to this forum and the immigration process of Canada.
Is there any one who could guide me to some consultant in Karachi, for the TWP.
Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
justujoo said:
Hello.
I am new to this forum and the immigration process of Canada.
Is there any one who could guide me to some consultant in Karachi, for the TWP.
Thanks.
I am quoting answer i posted on the same thread a page or two earlier. May be it improves your perspective.

fkl said:
The question is pretty weird and was the reason didn't get much attention.

We don't know of any good consultants. Besides they can't do any thing beyond filling forms and submitting applications on your behalf that you can do yourself if you are educated, can read / write and follow instructions.

Work permit requires an LMO which requires a job offer from a Canadian employer. This is a tough task to achieve while sitting in Pakistan and the reasons involve possessing some skills which are hard to find in Canada.

It is true that some consultants have made fake or some what companies in Canada and try to get people from here on supposed LMO's by charging those people a lot of money. Please be informed that

a. Government of Canada has toughen the work visa process and it is more difficult to do so now.
b. There is a very active chance of fraud in this situation - so better think twice before paying some one a lot of money for this.
c. Even if they do get you in Canada, it likely wouldn't be a very practical living job. So you really need to look if that is worth the effort and cost i.e. going to Canada, barely doing a hand to mouth job, bearing extreme weather and language differences. Is it all worth? Can't you make good enough money in Pakistan?

I am sorry if i sound harsh, but there is no formal standing of consultants. If there was, then CIC would have officially supported so. You should rather sharpen your skills and apply to real jobs posted online in Canada to get through those. If you can't then better way is to save a lot of money and meanwhile apply for permanent immigration.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Thanks man, for the wishes and your advice. Hope we all get our decisions soon. It kind of leaves your life in the middle of nowhere in the sense that you have to postpone all your major decisions till you get the final decision on your application.
You are most welcome and hoping for the best too. Yeah it really gets you stuck. Imagine it's impact on me. First i had never thought of going to Canada at all. Then suddenly this popped up, the process initiated and i didn't take it very seriously initially. Then all i knew was that twp would take up to 2-3 months (the entire process LMO + visa), so i got into it with the expectation. Underwent several unfortunate events in my file and it took like 6+ months to barely get to medical stage. I had kind of left it off totally. But my employer too has been holding on so far. So let's see. :)

Every thing i learned regarding Canada processing was during the frustration phase when i tried getting my hands on all sort of info, that i thought could help.

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
Hi everyone..How are you??
I want to know one thing that my friend has his relatives in canada and they are running their own motel there. My friends education is BA. Can he apply on work permit as a chef in this motel?? What requirements he will have to fulfill?? How much is his visa chances?? Please explain everything briefly. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saadsdk said:
Hi everyone..How are you??
I want to know one thing that my friend has his relatives in canada and they are running their own motel there. My friends education is BA. Can he apply on work permit as a chef in this motel?? What requirements he will have to fulfill?? How much is his visa chances?? Please explain everything briefly. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks
I answered your question on another thread where you posted the same question, though it is not a very good idea :) You might find multiple similar questions and their answers in the last few pages of this very thread as well

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, major update!

Alhamdolillah, I've just received the approval email from CIC! I would like to especially thank fkl and zizu for their continued support and guidance!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Great news Auone! I hope your urgency of time is addressed now and you could secure the funding your supervisor approved for you.

I hope you already have emailed him immediately telling him you are through. It is very important.

zizu

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2012
Doc's Request.
28-03-2013, 01-04-2014, 01-06-2015,05-08-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
Med's Request
01-09-2013, 01-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2013, 01-06,2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015,15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
Auone said:
Guys, major update!

Alhamdolillah, I've just received the approval email from CIC! I would like to especially thank fkl and zizu for their continued support and guidance!
Great news dost... Let us know your plans... And when/where u'r headed??? TO??

zizu

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zizu said:
Great news dost... Let us know your plans... And when/where u'r headed??? TO??

zizu
Im leaving on 15th..... Heading for toronto but have to ultimately go to London Ontario.....by the way zizu, did u get the protectorate stamp? Just wanted to know the fastest and most efficient way of getting it done in Islamabad

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Im leaving on 15th..... Heading for toronto but have to ultimately go to London Ontario.....by the way zizu, did u get the protectorate stamp? Just wanted to know the fastest and most efficient way of getting it done in Islamabad
Also zizu, i was wondering what are your plans? Have you left already or what? Hope your concerns regarding trvs got resolved