+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Succesful INLAND Spouse/Residence Application TIMELINE - Case story.

Looki

Sep 16, 2008
Oh wow... this is just amazing. 6months and its all done!

My husband and I married in June and our application was received July 23rd, we're still anxiously awaiting news from the embassy. We sent in his Visa extension the first week of October and still nothing back on that yet.

I hope ours works out as quickly as yours did.

Congratulations!

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Mamee, I am not quite sure what is your concern. Anyone out there, who gets what she is saying? It is a slow day for me. Sorry:)

Mamee

Nov 30, 2008
Hi Anatolia,

I am sorry that I didn't explain it well.

I am applying PRV and extend of staying canada( cause I have visiting visa)
I just used the checklist of extending of staying in canada as a visitor.
Even if I marked an intitial work permit on IMM1249.

I just checked the checklist(extend of staying in canada) of visitor(IMM5558) and worker(IMM5556)and
they are diffirent and I thought I mistook the checklist to send.

Is it still okey for going the process?
I am worried they will refused my application cause of the checklist.

I would like to make sure I sent the wrong checklist...
and if it's so, what should I do?
if you know something that I should do, let me tell, please!
Thank you for your help.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
hi i have a question. i'm being sponsored by my wife. we're living together and everything i'm on a work permit from applying as a refugee. i was wondering if there will be delays on my sponsorship application. i've been reading your topics. i think you guys can be of help. i sent my application and was recieved on november 3 and started in process december 2. i wanna know for some delays so i can plan my going home to my home country and finish my exam so i can be a registered nurse here. i'm from vancouver.

tactical1

Mar 19, 2009
Anatolia:
Not sure if you still check this thread as its old but i have a question for you or anyone else who has an idea on this.

Heres some background for you.

I have been here in Canada with my gf for three years.
Im from the UK originally.

We didn't apply for my perm residency at first because we were told by CIC on the phone that if we did i couldn't leave the country again until it was completed and that leaving would void my application. At the time it could take a couple of years. I didn't want to not be able to return to the UK as i wanted to take my gf back there to meet my family etc and i wanted to be able to travel home to see my family so we waited.

On return from our trip to the UK a year and a half later in September 2007 i got a telling off from the guy in the Customs border office at Calgary airport. He said we should have applied for it by now. I explained what i had been told about not being able to leave. He said that was nonsense. Not to bother calling them as he said you would be better off banging your head against a wall and that it wouldn't void my application.

I got my letter through the other day saying they would be calling me to get me in for an interview.
I came on here initially trying to find out how long after you get that letter that they call you as i didn't know about the work permit either and so have been going out of my tree with not being able to work for three years! I was going to apply for the work permit now but thought i would find out how long it took first to get the call. Not going to pay $150 bucks if they are going to call me in within a month!
Now im worried about the interview as you said they asked your husband if he had left the country since application. They would only ask that if you couldn't do it wouldn't they? Otherwise why ask it?
I just want to tell the truth but i don't want to get rejected and have to wait even longer! Are you meant to stay in the country?
We went back to England for one week in May for my best mates wedding. My application according to their site was actually received May 20th 2008 (We sent it in March but anyways). We got back from England May 29th 2008.
Do you think i will have a problem and if yes should i just explain what i was told by the guy from customs at the airport in 2007. He stamped my passport back then as well. Not sure if the stamps can be traced back to a particular officer but its there with his hand writing stating how long my visitors stay was valid for. Its the last stamp i have in there as when i came back from the UK the second time i gave them my visitors visa and so they didn't stamp my passport. Last date in there is the September stamp.