+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Succesful INLAND Spouse/Residence Application TIMELINE - Case story.

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
No, Thank you. I have to keep my spirits up. My husband and I had an arranged marriage. We were both in our mid 40's when we married so no young spring chickens. We both waited until the right person came along. I was 42 a muslim girl still living at home and under pressure to just get married. I had plenty of opportunity to marry anyone, rich, great jobs, etc. And I didn't cause I didn't want to get married to just get married. So when we finally married, nothing else mattered. We have waited patiently never once thinking our marriage intent would come into question. Maybe that was really stupid and naive but really now 3 years later they want some kind of proof like pictures and bills to prove we are marriage is genuine.? How about the fact that he has given me a life of support and understanding and independence all the while knowing he was there as my rock when I neede it most, I can't produce that on a peice of paper. You are right, I have to keep my spirits up. I'll do my best. :)

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Chocolover...you Better write all this stuff down, okay.. The whole story, write a short story ad send it. LISTEN, I cannot stress enough that the people reading your application and subsequent paper work are actually PEOPLE, and are looking for signs that your story it is either fabricated or real....and when i read you, right now, i can feel and see your story. I believe you, because the way you write and the thing you say sound SO real. You dont have pics?...Get a disposable camera and taken them now. If you wrote or told your husband something incredibly beautiful months a go, write it on a lovely card with that date! It happened right? So be a bit of a historian and DOCUMENT your love. Be true to yourself and don't try to make something it is not. Get a friend or family member write about your relationship. You can do it, it is NOT that hard. If you can't do it, pay someone who knows how to write a bit. Surely in your community there is some 25 year old who can write no?

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hi Jeremy:

I have a feeling the comon-law applications might warrant more investigation from IO's part. My husband and I married and my application maybe was very persuasive? I am not sure. I know that even Out timeline (6 months from beginning to end) is unusual for inland application. All I know that we won't be needing the OWP, because my guy is getting landed next week. Too bad we lost the $150.00. Oh well!
But your time is nearing, at least for AIP and that is a BIG THING:)

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Hi Ana,
Thanks so much for your supportive suggestions. I will write my story down as that is what I am best at. Neither my husband or I are very demonstrative people but our emotions run deep and when we speak we both speak from the heart. I had planned on saying all that I wrote in my previous post in our interview, but I will write it down too. And I will get my husband to do the same. thanks again, and if I remember correctly....do you have your interview coming up? If yes, good luck. Also,can you tell me. did you ever request your FOSS file (or whatever it is called!)

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
HI Choco:

To tell the truth, back in the beginning of this year, my boyfriend (now husband) and I asked ourselves some very good questions: does he stay in Peru and we do the OUTLAND application and wait 6-9 months before we can see each other again? Or do we get him here and we do the INLAND and wait 12 to 18 months (at best), but at least we would be together?

We decided that as long we were together, who cared about having enough money:)! As long we were together we could wait 18 months or so.
We did the INLAND and the process has lasted 6 months from beginning to end! I mean we were NOT expecting something SO fast, I am still incredulous.

Mamee

Nov 30, 2008
Hi ana

I am Mamee, and joining this forum from today and I am in same situation like you were before!
I am very happy that you have been through even if you have an appointment!
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!

I am a visitor visa and got married with Canadian. Preparing for applying extention of my staying in canada and
PRV. Both of them.
I have some questions:

I would apply to open work permit with extend my staying visa.
Do I have to pay $150 if I apply an initial work permit? because you sent the document after applying
your hudband's PRV. Is it not $75 like extension of visitor??
Do you refund first $75 that you refused of the extension of visitor?

I hope I can pass the documents firstable!!!
Thank you,

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hello There:

I Sent the OWP (Open Work Permit) by itself, after the big PR application. I was supposed to had to sent $150.00. And because I first sent $75.00 (and was told that it was 150) then an additional $75.00, and NOW we don't need the OPW, (b/c impending Landing papers next week), I am not getting a refund because CIC are no longer giving refunds after they "open" the applications. I can kiss the money goodbye.

However if you need to supplement the fee with another $75 (like in my case), just pay another 75 and ATTACH BOTH receipts together and write a simple letter explaining why you did that. I was told to do this by a CIC Call Centre Rep.

Mamee

Nov 30, 2008
HI Ana,

Thank you very much for your answers!
I am really straggling both documents.

I wanna call CIC but it takes so long to reach them.
I am really appliciated you. I might send some questions again,
I will do my best!

Thank you

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Today husband and I went to the Etobicoke CIC for the Landing interview. They gave him his landing papers. I will write a very detailed account about this process, as I am sure it will be of service to others like me;)

mugler

Dec 4, 2008
inland sponsorship

Hi everybody. can anybody give me his thoughts.
Me and my wife have sent a request for PR in within canada.
We have been married in October the 25th. when i met my wife, she was studying in a College in KIngston(ONTARIO) , and steel studying.
I live in MOntréal(quebec) and work here full time. My wife studies full time.
She has changed her adress at REVENU CANADA and all her BANKS and have become a Quebec Resident.
SHe will moove definitivly in Montréal in JUne 2009 and be able to continue her school here.
We have submitted a RP request in a Spouse Category and explained why we wont live together untill JUne 2009.we travell to see each other and have joined all proovs of that.

''so my friends, do you think it's a problem,the fact that we're not living together now may have a bad effect on our request''
thanks you all.

M

med

personally i dont think so . your file looks great and since you have all the proof and reasons why u cant canot live together for the moment then u have nothing to worry about . cheer up man

dulman

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
HELP!!!!!!!

Hi All,
Is it good or bad news when the canadian embassy returned back pictures and postcards back to me, and enclosed a letter stating that: At this time, these documents are not required for the continued processing of your file.
thanks.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
So for the end of this thread on my husband's inland PR application, I want to describe the LANDING INTERVIEW we had yesterday.

We arrived at the Etobicoke CIC a little bit too early. We hadn't counted on the place being So close off the Kipling Subway station. I mean it is within a block, crossing the parking lot in the back of this building.
I was bit nervous mainly because Canadian Immigration has been less than polite in other cases involving family members and friends so we went prepared to be ill treated.

We arrive to the 104 room about 30 minutes earlier. A lady came to meet us as we were sitting, nicely asked for the letter and told us to come 15 earlier than the time of the interview.
We returned and we sat in this medium room, with about 7 booths, some of them open and most of them closed with blinds.
The energy in the room was very relaxed and since there were only about 10 chairs, there were very few people waiting. We were called to pay the $490. We had brought a money order, but we could have paid by Visa, Mastercard as well. I didn't ask about debit. The lady was quite nice as well.
We sat down again and called my partner to a booth. The officer was beyond nice. It was SURREAL. She Asked:
If he had left Canada since he came, if he committed a crime, if he ever was refused entry to Canada or asked to leave it. DIDN't ask if he had worked while being here. Told me that as a sponsor I had to be made responsible for him for 3 years. I didn't sign anything.

He signed in two places and was told that in a month to month and a half he would be receiving his PR card. But if he had to leave the country before that, to do so, taking with him the NOTIFICATION of landing. It is the paper they gave us right them and there. Which is really the ONLY OFFICIAL paper you leave with. (take an envelope or something to protect it, as it is very easy to rip or damage)

Then with a very warm sincere smile, she said WELCOME to CANADA. I wondered if she had smoked something before this interview. I mean, she was just too happy. But Then again so were, ALL of them.

We were made to sit and we were called to apply for the Social Insurance with a jolly good fellow who was soooo nice and an accommodating.
We left in less than 25 minutes.

I am still in shock at how polite they were. I wish you all the SAME timeline and the same treatment.

Ana

Mamee

Nov 30, 2008
Hi Anatolia,

I have a question about the extend of staying in Canada marked an initial work permit!
I read your case and I think your case helped me so much.

I am thinking that I made a mistake of some document.

I am applying PRV and extend of staying in canada marked OWP( initial work permit)
and I put IMM1249 (extend of staying canada)and IMM5558.( checklist as visitor)

I am applying but I sent the checklist as visitor....
I think I have to send checklist IMM5556?
Did you put which checklist, as visitor or as worker?

Thank you