+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Succesful INLAND Spouse/Residence Application TIMELINE - Case story.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Congrats! Ana I just have a question to ask.It says here your husband arrived on May and get married and submitted the appl within this year. I thought we have to wait for 1 year to be able to apply for sponsorship within Canada.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hi Kessa:

He arrived March 13th, 2008 and we married March 20th, a few days later. And because we had to wait for the blessed Marriage certificate which took many weeks to come, we sent the PR application (and was received on) JUNE 3rd.

As long as you are married, you don't have to wait to apply.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks Ana.. so mine is common law so that's why it is 1 year right. I still don"t know how immigration can see a genuine relationship if ever..I am wondering because I am afraid I might be rejected after 2 years of waiting and would be told our relationship is not real even if it is..

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
The thing is if you are Common Law (living together and all) you can collect more evidence that if you lived apart and then married (like me). You could have pics taken all the time, leases, joint credit cards, bills... etc. My husband and I didnt have any of that. What I would do if I were you is to periodically send evidence. You, every couple of months send a letter from ppl who know you.. or more pics... I was thinking of doing that, of pics of these holidays...etc. Why not do that?

The thing is...getting married is such a HUGE responsibility legally and socially as well, that is a time where there are sooo many fraud couples... maybe the marriage helps a little more?

One thing I know, our application was very very Candid. I didn't write it as a cold, to the point professional thing. I pour my heart out and at times I was funny. Like I am usually am. I was even argumentative in a way as well. I kind of tackled it as a university essay. It paid off, I guess.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks you Ana.. I will surely do that. It did not occur to me that I can still send pics and letters from ppl who know us etc.. if that's the case everybody wants to write and testify that we are indeed a couple!! So, Ana is it still ok to send more evidence even if my files were transferred to the local office?

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
As long as you have the ID number (and even if I didnt, I would still send the stuff) it should be easy. Find out the correct address and do it:) You have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain from it.

Best of luck,

A

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
I have the address in the local office so I will send it there Ana and not in Vegrivelle? Thanks a lot you give me hope..

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Remember that CIC is made up by Human beings and Human beings like to be persuaded most to the time. Do not get intimidated! Push, push, push! Nicely of course:) Hell Send stuff once or twice a month for a few months. Why not? Nothing stops you from doing it.

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
HI, I am new to this forum and I really wish I had stumbled across it 3 years ago. First of all Ana thanks for posting and congratulations!
My husband and I were married in March 2006 (yes almost 3 years ago) It was an arranged marriage. At the time my husband had a job but was here on a work visa which was extended when he applied for refugee status. Once we were married, we submitted the application in April 2006. We got acknowldgement of our applicaiton in September 2006 and nothing else. Around the same time my husband's original refugee applicaiton status was denied. We didnt' worry about it because he was being sponsored by me at the time. however, we were both concerned about his work status since we didn't think he had any real standing. I called the immigration office to find out how long it would take till our application was approved (at that time they said 1 year!), I also asked if he could work during that time and they said NO. So since that time he has been 'sort of working' but not really. In Feb 2007, we got letters stating our application had been forwarded to our local office in Scarborough. Once that happened, I phoned again to find out how long it would take and I was told it could take up to 2 years. In this entire time my husband has not been working (and really hating it) and now that I read your story Ana it sounds like he coudl have applied for a work permit. Is that right??
In any case, about 1 month ago we finally got a letter from the Scarborough office asking for the documention of phone bills, bank accounts etc. We sent that all in and now we got another letter for the interview in mid Dec. I am really upset that he could have been working for the past 2 years but he did not because we were advised by immigration canada that it woudl jeopardize our applicaiton. I am trying to figure out what to say in our interview. should I even raise this an issue? Like I said, he has kind of worked in that he has done some freelance work in exchange for goods. So nothing has been officially claimed anywhere. Should I say he did that 'work'? I don't want to lie but I am confused as to what to say. Please advise. We have been waiting patiently for our application to be approved for almost 3 years now and I dont' want to do anything that will jeopardize it now.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Re: Succesful INLAND Spouse/Residence App TIMELINE 6 Months - Case story.

Sweetie darling. He DID NOT work. Never, ever ever has worked without a work permit. He did a lot around the house. He cooked, cleaned, organized things, cleaned the yard, organized money....He supported you in many ways while YOU were the breadwinner. Thousands upon thousands of women are breadwinner in North America, so do not feel weird at all that he DIDn't work. Sure it created tension in the relationship...it is normal, but you guys TOUGHED out and he decided to do other kind of work around the house

Make it a Non-issue because the main part of all this, is if your relationship with him is real or not. Focus on that... and forget about him NOT working during this time;)

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks very much Ana. I feel better. Sort of...I am still kind of worried about the interview. I know we have nothing to hide and our relationship is genuine. But we are simple people who live a very simple existance. We don't go on trips (actually we haven't really be able to since my husband has no status) we both hate having pictures taken (so we have none) and since my husband didn't work his name is no where on my bank accounts. In Islam, this is not unusual. We have not paid attention into making 'gathering' proof since the proof is our relationship in and of itself. We have just continued on as a married couple without even thinking that at some point someon was going to ask us for proof! And proof that was all in material form like pictures, papers etc. We live to enjoy each other not to prove to others we enjoy each other. The whole thing is just so alien to me.

Jeremy Fogg

Sep 25, 2008
Hi Anatolia
Just read your comments and statements! Common-law and sent an Inland application in June. Vegreville received it on June 3rd and started the process of PR on the 5th of June. We haven't received anything. No AIP letter or the OWP. But when we put the PR and the OWP application in one package. Just to get it right you received theletter for the AIP 24th of Nov and than sent in the application for the OWP right? I am hoping that the mail here in ALberta is slow and that's the reason why we haven't received anything yet. But kind of get me worry that somethign is wrong we applied before you and haven't received anything. Does anyone hasn't received either the AIP or OWP who applied at that time?

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hi Chocolover... May I know where you sent your requested documents? Is it in Scarborough or Vegrivelle? Thanks a lot.

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
The latest documents we sent in were to the Scarborough office. We haven't had anything to do with the Vegreville office since our application went in way back i April 2006. I hope that is helpful to you :)