+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension 2023

GV-Patiala

Jul 2, 2021
I recently logged in to my account to check on the status of my study permit application from inside of Canada. According to the portal, it says it was approved yesterday (Nov 22)! However, there is no new message/inland canada letter in the message box. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am a bit confused.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I recently logged in to my account to check on the status of my study permit application from outside of Canada. According to the portal, it says it was approved yesterday (Nov 22)! However, there is no new message/inland canada letter in the message box. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am a bit confused.
This thread is about study permit extensions and you cannot extend a study permit outside Canada. Or did you extend and leave the country. Do you have valid TRV?

rositaaa

Nov 2, 2023
I have applied for Extenstion of Study Permit on May 30, 2023, so far I've had no updates...
My study permit extension application was just approved today in GCkey account, after 6.5 months!! I guess I should be waiting to receive the paper version soon.

Last edited:

Bolabeauty

Sep 24, 2023
Hello
Just wanted to share my timeline
SPE+ SOWP
submitted 18th of August 2023
Eligibility- 6th of January 2024
Approval- 8th of January 2024

Rifa<3

May 31, 2021
Dubai, UAE
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
15 May 2021
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
Hi everyone,

We are in a bit of a delay. our SPE and SOWP extension was applied on Sep 05, 2023. My husband recieved a letter on Sep 07,2023 that he is allowed to work till March 04, 2024. Now the issue is he is already gotten a full time job. and there is no update on our extension application. I have already sent a webform but there is no update on the same. Is there anything that I can do right now? I have an LOA from my 2nd course but I wont be able to apply for another extension until I get a result on my current one

ka lel

Dec 31, 2022
I also applied for an extension of the study permit on December 29th, I received the biometric validity certificate on January 22nd .How long does it often take to get the answer after the biometric validation test

ka lel

Dec 31, 2022
My study permit extension application was just approved today in GCkey account, after 6.5 months!! I guess I should be waiting to receive the paper version soon.
Hi I too received my study permit today, January 24th, after a month. How long do you think it takes to get your study permit in hand?

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys any advise,
My brother stupidly didn't renew his study permit before expiry which expired dec 1st 2023 because that was his last semester. Unfortunately he has to retake just one course and now he has no status and needs to apply for restoration. Any advice on how to avoid a refusal and the processing time for restoration?