Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Re: Spousal sponsorship - QUESTIONS

pad980 said:
Hello,
I was wondering what forms we have to fill out in order to sponsor my husband who lives with me in Canada. We got married here in Canada as well and we have a 3 month old baby. Some of the form are really confusing. So here is what I think I have to fill out.
These forms are for permanent resident.
Forms: IMM 5443 - checklist
IMM0008 - generic application
IMM 5669 - schedule A background
IMM 1344 - application to sponsor
IMM 5481 - sponsorship evaluation
IMM 5285 - spouse questioner
IMM 1017 -medical report
IMM 5476 - use of a representative
5401 - receipt

Do I need to fill out form for sponsorship as well? Those forms are only for sponsorship from outside of Canada... I mean the only ones that I can find.
Can you please help to point me in the right direction.
I just don't know which ones to fill out now. On this page the document checklist is different and there is much more extensive spouse questioner.
You got the right list of forms, you can download them and print them from this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

And yes, you're right the Spouse's Questionnaire is longer for outland applicants, make sure to use the correct one which you can find at the link just above.

Also recommended to download is the pdf version of the Instruction Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5289E.PDF

pad980

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-10-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2012 AIP
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
LANDED..........
21-06-2013
Anayshar
thank you for helping me out....
one more qyestion.... does he need police clerance from Poland or should we wait for the CIC to let us know if they need it.
P

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pad980 said:
Anayshar
thank you for helping me out....
one more qyestion.... does he need police clerance from Poland or should we wait for the CIC to let us know if they need it.
P
If your husband has lived in Poland for at least six months since the age of 18 - he will need a police clearance from Poland. If at all possible, the police certificate should be included with your application. Definitely do not wait for CIC to request it. Get it now.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi everybody. i just called the call centre and they told me again that they made a mistake with my file they are sending the aplication back and forth between local offices....ridicoulous....i have been approved at the end of april and i'm still waiting for a landing interview which could happen(if i'm lucky) at the start of september.my question is: how long after the landing interview does it take to have the permanent residence card? I have a confirmed flight to Italy on the 9 th of december and im going to go anyway. i had enough of this bureaucracy. is there a way i can get my first permanent resident card, in case is needed, in an urgent way?maybe i will be able to get it on time or maybe i'll try to give the keys of my postal box to some people i know so that they can send it to me to italy....any advice on waiting times for first permanent resident card after landing interview?Thanks a lot!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
There is no way to speed up the delivery of the first PR card.

Others will comment on current "real" PR card delivery times, there is little point in discussing the official timings.
You can travel without the PR card (travel document). How long are you going to be in Italy?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
at the end i went to check in the cic website and it says 41 business days for delivery of first card but i heard some people waiting for 8 weeks or more. thats why i sort of trust more what people in this forum have to say about it...
i will be in Italy from the 10 th of december 2011 until the 29 th of january 2012, thats a bit less than 2 months
thanks for the info, if you have more advices don't hesitate to share

harry_canada

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
Mississauga and New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march.24.2011
File Transfer...
april.27.2011
Med's Done....
jan.20.2011
Interview........
july.05.2011
Passport Req..
may.27.2011
VISA ISSUED...
13.oct.2011
LANDED..........
hi guys ,
this is my first post and i dont know if m doin it right.
i,ve lived in canada for last 6 years and when me n my wife got married we applied for pr from India as its faster.
it was approved from canada and thn sent to india. after some weeks the delhi embassy requested for my passport , so i came to india and submitted it.
after some weeks i got a interview call that was on july5th.2011. interview went fine she approved the file.
its bein a month now and the status says in process.
so the question is how long it takes after interview to get passport and does the status changes first and then i get my passport or i might get it and the status can change later.

plz guys need some answers

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
I need to send the CPC Mississauga more documentation to add to my application I sent last week.

Has anyone done this?

Any recommendations about what to write in the envelope?

DocPeru

Jul 18, 2011

Anyeshar...very helpful with your list confirmation (reply #1608)!! are you able to assist with a list for my wife and I?
Here's a couple of the major points...........
I am Canadian, she's Peruvian.
I've been living here in lima peru for a year with her and we got married last september (2010).
I have bank accounts still in Ottawa and still hold a mailing address there as well but hold a permanent resident card
here in peru.
I just want to make sure that we've got all the I's dotted and the T's crossed so any help like a checklist of forms or
anything for that matter would be a huge help!!
Thanks
:D

Aneyshar said:
You got the right list of forms, you can download them and print them from this page:
And yes, you're right the Spouse's Questionnaire is longer for outland applicants, make sure to use the correct one which you can find at the link just above.

Also recommended to download is the pdf version of the Instruction Guide:

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
T7 said:
Can someone please advice me on background check? What is the appprox. time period for that to be completed? What are the steps after background check?
Hi T7,

plz check this info,

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Naz

pat0109

Aug 10, 2011
So, I am sponsoring my husband and we started the process over a year ago. when we check our application status on the website is states "Decision made" but this has been the status for about 4 months. He also has dependants back home but we are not sure why it's taking so long. we have bee approved for stage 1 already. What can we do to find out more about our application status? How much longer will it be before we receive the approval for the PR?

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is subsidizing ok in Ontario... to sponsor my husband =( too many mized answers =(?

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011

DocPeru said:
Anyeshar...very helpful with your list confirmation (reply #1608)!! are you able to assist with a list for my wife and I?
Here's a couple of the major points...........
I am Canadian, she's Peruvian.
I've been living here in lima peru for a year with her and we got married last september (2010).
I have bank accounts still in Ottawa and still hold a mailing address there as well but hold a permanent resident card
here in peru.
I just want to make sure that we've got all the I's dotted and the T's crossed so any help like a checklist of forms or
anything for that matter would be a huge help!!
Thanks
:D
DocPeru, you can send private message if you want. Feel free to ask any question, I'll try to help as much as I can ;)
Your situation is similar to ours, so probably I could help make sense of some of the questions.

hops1

Aug 10, 2011
Hi

My first time on this forum, it is very informative and people on here seem to be very helpfull.

I have a question about the inland application. I will be getting married soon insha'llah.
I am currently on a TRV and will be leaving the country next month before it expires and re-entering to renew my 6 mnths period ( I am from a visa exempt country )
Once i re-enter and my spouse sends the inland application is it possible then to over stay the 6 months. Since you can't travel with an inland application this is where i'm confused. What happens if I don't get lets say a open work permit within that time what should i do then.
Thanks in advance for your help

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
pat0109 said:
So, I am sponsoring my husband and we started the process over a year ago. when we check our application status on the website is states "Decision made" but this has been the status for about 4 months. He also has dependants back home but we are not sure why it's taking so long. we have bee approved for stage 1 already. What can we do to find out more about our application status? How much longer will it be before we receive the approval for the PR?
call them