Spousal sponsorship

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hops1 said:
Hi

My first time on this forum, it is very informative and people on here seem to be very helpfull.

I have a question about the inland application. I will be getting married soon insha'llah.
I am currently on a TRV and will be leaving the country next month before it expires and re-entering to renew my 6 mnths period ( I am from a visa exempt country )
Once i re-enter and my spouse sends the inland application is it possible then to over stay the 6 months. Since you can't travel with an inland application this is where i'm confused. What happens if I don't get lets say a open work permit within that time what should i do then.
Thanks in advance for your help
Read http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg344291#msg344291

You might want to reconsider an inland application.

You do not have to leave the country to extend you stay.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

hops1

Aug 10, 2011
Baloo said:
You might want to reconsider an inland application.

You do not have to leave the country to extend you stay.

the reason i wish to the inland is because eventhough i am from visa exempt country, the nearest embassy to my country ( I'm from Aruba, and would have to got through Venezuela embassy to my understanding ) takes approx 22 months to process the application which is currently longer than inland.
My next question would also be, that for outland does it have to be the office nearest to the one being sponsored or would we be able to go through buffalo?
And in that article i read it didn't really specify about losing status during the process, does it mean that you have a sort of implied status once you apply inland so you'd be a visitor till the process was completed

D

dutchboy54

There was a question yesterday regarding additional information and how to send it.

write a cover letter with the information of both you and your spouse, address's birthdays and names as on the applications. Send in the same manner to the processing centre where you sent your application priority post and keep receipts. they will read the cover letter and attach the additional documents to your application.

Good Luck

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
dutchboy54 said:
There was a question yesterday regarding additional information and how to send it.

write a cover letter with the information of both you and your spouse, address's birthdays and names as on the applications. Send in the same manner to the processing centre where you sent your application priority post and keep receipts. they will read the cover letter and attach the additional documents to your application.

Good Luck
Thanks

miszbaby

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI..ako ko lng po sana kung ilang month ang hihintayin para maaprove ng canadian visa for spouse?

FEBRUARY 3 2011-past the papers and requirment(MISSISSAUGA)
FEBRUARY 7 2011-i receive a letter for medication for my husband
APRIL 8,2011-i receive a letter for the PR(QUEBEC)
APRIL 31,2011-I send the papers for PR(QUEBEC)
JUNE 29,2011- i receive the letter form(QUBEC)for approval or we calling (SELECTION)
AUGUST 7 2011-my husband send the requirements for MANILA VISA OFFICE passport,nbi,marriage contract,cemomar,

now were still wating for the visa.......

???

DocPeru

Jul 18, 2011
Re: Spousal sponsorship - QUESTIONS

Anyeshar, i don't seem to send a message directly to you. :( on the cic page it says...
"complete the forms included with The Immigrant’s Guide (IMM 3998) and provide appropriate documentation in support of their application"
I cannot seem to find IMM 3998 anywhere but I do have IMM 3999 and the others.
Can you help with a location or info about this?
Thanks!

DocPeru said:
Anyeshar...very helpful with your list confirmation (reply #1608)!! are you able to assist with a list for my wife and I?
Here's a couple of the major points...........
I am Canadian, she's Peruvian.
I've been living here in lima peru for a year with her and we got married last september (2010).
I have bank accounts still in Ottawa and still hold a mailing address there as well but hold a permanent resident card
here in peru.
I just want to make sure that we've got all the I's dotted and the T's crossed so any help like a checklist of forms or
anything for that matter would be a huge help!!
Thanks
:D

Aneyshar said:
You got the right list of forms, you can download them and print them from this page:
And yes, you're right the Spouse's Questionnaire is longer for outland applicants, make sure to use the correct one which you can find at the link just above.

Also recommended to download is the pdf version of the Instruction Guide:

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Re: Spousal sponsorship - QUESTIONS

DocPeru said:
Anyeshar, i don't seem to send a message directly to you. :( on the cic page it says...
"complete the forms included with The Immigrant's Guide (IMM 3998) and provide appropriate documentation in support of their application"
I cannot seem to find IMM 3998 anywhere but I do have IMM 3999 and the others.
Can you help with a location or info about this?
Thanks!
DocPeru, IMM 3998 is the Immigrant´s Guide for Sponsored Parents and Grandparents, but I thought you were sponsoring your wife, if that´s the case you don´t need IMM 3998. The Immigrant´s Guide for sponsored Spouses or Common-Law partner is the one you need.

Let me know if you need any more help. You probably cannot send private message because you have not posted sufficient number of posts on this forum, I think you need to have 20 or something to be able to send private messages.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Day one in taking one of the many ... steps to sponsoring my belived hubby :)
Have to say ... definately nervous. Secretly scared and trying to remain confident on the outside as well as inside. :'(
Just recieved the application and the guide to sponsor him. Won't be filling it out until we have everything I think, I'm not sure... we need documents and letters. Didn't know how confuses and unorganized this could be. :eek:

I don't know how you all did it?... but, kudos. It's hard to remain strong. I hope so soon to have him come on a visitors visa or atleast be able to sponsor him.. so that I know he will come :) and so that I can go to his country and see him again. :)

Head is hanging ... but not giving up yet. Got to have hope.

MaRiPoSa18

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Praise the Lord!
LANDED..........
will be celebrating our anniversary together! :)
hi just want to share mine...

march 31 2011 - received by Missasauga
April 2011 -stage 1 approved
May 20 2011 - documents received by CEM
June 15 2011-passport submitted
June 29 2011-received letter..missing police clearance
July 2011-police clearance sent to Canadian Embassy
Aug - no news yet...

whats the next step..and how many more months of waiting..:(

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Hi everyone! Just wanted to get some feedback about wait times, AOR's etc. My husband an I filed 5 months ago and were aprproved on May 18 in Mississauga. Our application was received at Pretoria (our regional office) on June 2, but we have heard no news about whether we are missing documents, whether he needs an interview or what our time line looks like. 3 months, 6 months a year?! It would be great to know so we could start making some plans, and because I'm going back to Canada next week and we really don't want to be separated for ages.

Any thoughts on AORs, what kind of communication we should expect from our regional office? Other people seem to hear about a month after their application is received - maybe we haven't heard because they don't require anything extra?
Help!

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEAR leon ,and all senior members,
i am on student visa , in UK, i am Pakistani national i have applied for Canada as(pr)visa in family class,
i am Pakistani national, i applied in 2009 at the end , they are doing my back ground checks, at the
moments, but my UK visa is running out on mid of October 2011,i have got about 30 days, from now,
and Canada high commission can send me ,passport request any time now, is that possible that if
come back to Pakistan , after couple of months my application gets approved, from London visa office,

(1) Is this possible that,on the behalf of intimation letter from The canada highcommission london,would . i able to get visa from The Canada highcommission in Islamabad .OR

(2) Send passport by hand to The canada highcommission london from pakistan,or if someone submits my passport to The . Canada high commission London and collects as well, with the athrorization letter provided from me to him/her.

(3) And if i keep my London mailing address with The Canada high commission London to send the the passport on that . address,

i emailed them and they replied me,
We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Thank you for your correspondence.

Please be advised that, per our previous email, your application is currently undergoing background checks. We appreciate your continued patience.

You will be contacted when we are in a position to proceed, or should we require any further/updated information/documentation.

Please note that as your application is being processed in London, your visa can only be issued by the London visa office.

Yours sincerely,

High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration (SXB)
38 Grosvenor Street
London/Londres W1K 4AA
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni

they didn't give me a clear answer , is that OK that they don't have any problem about that, i am going to Pakistan , and they are OK with other two options which i have asked from them , about passport send by hand,from Pakistan to London.
plz note ( i have applied in family class) plz urgent advise me as i have 30 days left to take decision
PLEASE ADVISE ME

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your file will continue to be processed in London and you can deal with everything through mail from Pakistan. It should not be a problem.

Orchid

Aug 13, 2011
thanks for the post....so we do have to live in Canada, ok, is it 3 years to apply for citizen ship? thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Orchid said:
thanks for the post....so we do have to live in Canada, ok, is it 3 years to apply for citizen ship? thank you
Yes, after you get your PR, you may apply for citizenship after spending 1095 days (3 years) in Canada. Vacations taken outside Canada during this time do not count toward the 1095 days.

If you were living in Canada before getting your PR, you may count each of those days as a half day towards the citizenship requirements. They will however only count time from the last 4 years before you apply.

mygirl

Jul 29, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2011 (CIC-M received April 26,2011)
Doc's Request.
23-06-2011 (letter dated June 22)
AOR Received.
06-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-06-2011
Med's Done....
March 4, 2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
22-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 25, 2011
LANDED..........
September 09,2011
AY GRABEEEEE NA TO.....DM NA PO AKO......MAINIT INIT PANG BALITA..NGYON KLNG NAKITA...WAS FROM THE CHURCH EARLY THIS MORNING AND I JUST GOT HOME NOW..5:30PM

We received your application for permanent residence on June 10, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 11, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

WOW GANITO PALA ANG FEELING...FOR THOSE WHO PATIENTLY WAIT..JUST LEAVE IT HIM..TNX SO MUCH ST.JUDE..ST. ANDREW THE APOSTLES, BLESSED JOHN PAUL 11 AND MAMA MARY..AND FOR ALL THE SAINTS TNX SO MUCH..TNX PAPA GOD..LOVE YOU MUCH..TNX FOR THE PRAYER NANAY AND TATAY.LOVE YOU MORE PO..