May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
gatogato said:
..so does this mean that if i (canadian) marry my mexican partner in mexico and fly home to canada that we could be refused entry ? or that we would then apply for his status in canada for work, medical and becomming permenant?
what process would that entail.. time and money for applications before he could work?
thanks.
Hola Gato... no necesariamente, me casé (canadiense) con mi marido afuera de Canada el pasado mes de Abril 2011, y entramos juntos en canada sin problemas, le dijimos al agente de Aduanas que la razon de mi viaje fue de casarme con mi marido :)-) y que regresabamos de nuestra luna de miel... a él le pregunto por su visa, se la mostró y le timbró su pasaporte y le dijo : supongo que hara el tramite de obtener su PR, lo que dijimos que si. timbro el pasaporte y nos felicitó. Y ya, ni siquiera fuimos a immigracion. Te aconsejo que pagues desde mexico los fees de la aplicacion y guardes el recibo. No mientan. y pueden entrar al pais y hacer los papeles desde aqui, o sea INLAND...buena suerte,

truedeath1

Aug 18, 2011
CharlieD10 said:
A Permanent Resident is expected to meet a Residency Requirement of 730 days in every rolling 5 year period. It does not expire, per se, but it can be lost if the residency conditions are not adhered to.

If your wife landed 7th January 2008, stayed 45 days and has been living in Bangladesh since, that means the 5 year period in question is up to January 6th, 2013. Between now and that date, she needs to acquire 685 more days of residence in Canada in order to keep her PR. All of 2012 gives her 365 days, and there are 135 days left in 2011. That's a total of 500 days out of the 685, so yes, your wife is in danger of not fulfilling the residency requirement and therefore losing her PR.

Sorry i gave wrong information, she landed on 10th January 2009. and returned on 28th February 2009.
but from another thread i got the information that she needs to stay 1095 days within 5 years. becoming confused. :(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
truedeath1 said:
Sorry i gave wrong information, she landed on 10th January 2009. and returned on 28th February 2009.
but from another thread i got the information that she needs to stay 1095 days within 5 years. becoming confused. :(
1,095 days out of the last 4 years physical presence in Canada is required if she is applying for citizenship. For PR, it is 730 days out of the last 5 years.

If she landed in Jan 2009, then that means she has 47 days so far, and needs to reach 730 (add another 683 days) before January 10, 2014. She has 135 days left in 2011, plus 730 for 2012 and 2013, so she would not be in danger of losing her PR for not complying with the residency requirement at this time.

Please note that as a PR she cannot sponsor you while living outside of Canada.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.
Decided to go back on here and ask some more questions ... well because the lawyer that I have... or hoped to have.... is having major issues for some reason.
Wanting to know... because I heard this before.... if legal aid... was considered a bad thing to have if you wanted to sponsor someone?
I heard that you can't be on legal aid because ... I don't know .... so can anyone tell me if they have ever used legal aid here in Ontario to sponsor their spouse?
Would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Spritzup

ksgill2

Apr 5, 2011
Hi Leon, need to know something, u have any idea abt how long scarbrough office take to process the Inland Spousal Pr.
Its been 14 months and the application is still in process, very frustated right now, any suggestions????

INLAND!
05/28/10: App Received
10/10/10: Started Processing
since then on cic.gc it says file is under process and got transfered to local scarbrough office, they may contact me....

:( :-\ :'(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spritz said:
I heard that you can't be on legal aid because ... I don't know .... so can anyone tell me if they have ever used legal aid here in Ontario to sponsor their spouse?
You can't be on social assistance. I have never heard anything about legal aid.

ksgill2 said:
Hi Leon, need to know something, u have any idea abt how long scarbrough office take to process the Inland Spousal Pr.
Its been 14 months and the application is still in process, very frustated right now, any suggestions????

INLAND!
since then on cic.gc it says file is under process and got transfered to local scarbrough office, they may contact me....

It sounds like your application was sent to Scarborough without first stage approval. This happens if CIC has some doubts about your application. Scarborough is now expected to call you in for an interview and make a decision on your case. You will have to ask the Scarborough office what their timeline is.

You can order your FOSS notes to find out what is going on with your case. You would be able to see why they had doubts and better prepare for the interview.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
ksgill2 said:

INLAND!

Scarborough takes a lot of time. Our file was transfered on November 2009 and we got our interview and AIP on april 12, 2011. You wil need to be very patient.

Good luck!!! ;)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
gigi1612 said:
Scarborough takes a lot of time. Our file was transfered on October 2009 and we got our interview and AIP on april 12, 2011. You wil need to be very patient.

Good luck!!! ;)

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
QUESTION:

HOW MUCH WILL I SPEND ON MY PRE NATAL CHECK UP IF I STILL DONT HAVE MY HEALTH CARD??

THNX

Reactions: Lorlan88

snj

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
Leon said:
As a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor your husband for PR even though you do not currently live in Canada. You do however have to prove plans to move to Canada when he gets his PR. Proof could be job offer, having arranged housing, being accepted to college or at the very least a letter from a relative or a friend stating that they know of your plans and will let you stay with them while you look for housing.
yes i have a brother who lives der wid his family ....

now is der a website to show me HOW to fill up dese forms....

who would be a co-signer?!

WE have no KIDS...so for non-accompanying family members...do i put down da names of my in-laws? does dat also include my sister-in-law who is married???

and places where it says accompanying spouse or accompanying dependent children or adoption...do i leave dem jst blanks??

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spritz said:
Hello everyone.
Decided to go back on here and ask some more questions ... well because the lawyer that I have... or hoped to have.... is having major issues for some reason.
Wanting to know... because I heard this before.... if legal aid... was considered a bad thing to have if you wanted to sponsor someone?
Would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Spritzup
It's not about whether it's good or bad to get legal aid. It's about what legal aid will cover (types of legal problems). No legal aid programs in Canada (that I'm aware of) will provide assistance with spousal sponsorships. They won't cover buying or selling real estate either. Or wills and estates. Generally, the purpose of legal aid is to assist people who have very little money (there is a test to qualify) AND have serious legal issues (another test of whether or not their tariff covers your legal problem).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snj said:
now is der a website to show me HOW to fill up dese forms....
There is only the CIC immigration website and if you can't figure it out from their instructions, there is nobody who will take the time to walk you through every step of filling it out unless you pay them. If you don't feel confident that you can do it yourself, you can get an immigration lawyer or consultant to do it for you.

snj said:
who would be a co-signer?!
If you read your instructions, you will find that a co-signer is not applicable when you are sponsoring a spouse only. A co-signer can only be your spouse and is sometimes needed if you are sponsoring other family than spouse or dependent children, such as parents or grandparents.

snj said:
WE have no KIDS...so for non-accompanying family members...do i put down da names of my in-laws? does dat also include my sister-in-law who is married???
If you read your instructions, you will find that accompanying or non-accompanying family members on your husbands IMM0008 form can only be a spouse and/or dependent children who are not already PR or citizens. He will list his parents and siblings in his additional family information form.

snj said:
and places where it says accompanying spouse or accompanying dependent children or adoption...do i leave dem jst blanks??
You should write "not applicable" or "N/A" instead of leaving things blank because it will ensure that those things are really not applicable to your situation instead of them thinking that you just forgot to fill something out.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KMAEP said:
how much does it cost for a pre natal check - up??
and anyone can suggest whats the best thing for me to do??
Why don't you start a new thread with this question in order to try to get the people who might possible know that instead of hiding it here under spousal sponsorship with about 1 million other posts?

I can not tell you how much it would cost and most people in Canada wouldn't even know unless they were in that situation of having to have pre-natal check ups and not having health care. People in Canada who have health cards never see a bill and don't know what anything costs.

My advice, once you have landed, go to a doctor and ask how much it will cost.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
It's not about whether it's good or bad to get legal aid. It's about what legal aid will cover (types of legal problems). No legal aid programs in Canada (that I'm aware of) will provide assistance with spousal sponsorships. They won't cover buying or selling real estate either. Or wills and estates. Generally, the purpose of legal aid is to assist people who have very little money (there is a test to qualify) AND have serious legal issues (another test of whether or not their tariff covers your legal problem).

Oh really?
I saw they covered immigration.. but I guess that could be with other problems :S
ok.. second plan.. does anyone know of a good lawyer I coudl use thats fairly cheap?
or shoudl I just use David Tilson's office ot ... act as a . sort of fake lawyer?