russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I have got evidence that my spouse is on my Dental/drugs plan in Canada. I can also get the claims history. Would you say the history would be good to show, or not necessary?

almostready

Jul 22, 2019
Hello all, I have some questions and I would appreciate any help !:)

1. Do we have to use a black pen to date and sign the forms after printing them?
2. Must all the forms be dated on the same date? (We've filled some forms a few days before others)
3. Must all the forms be dated on the same date that we mail the application?
4. I have been working in the same job for the past 10 years and I am still working there. How can I add the dates of starting/ending when the pdf will not validate unless a date is added. How do I add "Present"?
5. Do we write N/A in all of the boxes that don't apply in any of the forms ?(and what if they have already been greyed out after validating?)
6. Where do the barcode pages go when organizing the application? right after the checklist?
7. The Guide clearly requires a maximum of 20 photos and 10 pages of chat logs/letters/social media conversations...etc.
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they have added way more than the maximum required numbers. Are we supposed to stick to the limit? Or is it better to add more just in case? I'm so confused...o_O
8. Throughout our chat logs, we have used a few scattered words in our native language. I've read that all documents must be translated, but the words we used are slang words in our native language. The conversations are entirely comprehensible in English.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020

1. Do we have to use a black pen to date and sign the forms after printing them?
2. Must all the forms be dated on the same date? (We've filled some forms a few days before others)
3. Must all the forms be dated on the same date that we mail the application?
4. I have been working in the same job for the past 10 years and I am still working there. How can I add the dates of starting/ending when the pdf will not validate unless a date is added. How do I add "Present"?
5. Do we write N/A in all of the boxes that don't apply in any of the forms ?(and what if they have already been greyed out after validating?)
6. The Guide clearly requires 20 photos and 10 pages of chat logs/letters/social media conversations...etc.
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they have added way more than the required numbers. Are we supposed to stick to the limit? Or is it better to add more just in case? I'm so confused...o_O
I don't think we have anywhere near that amount of photos

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020

1. Do we have to use a black pen to date and sign the forms after printing them? I would use a black pen to be safe
2. Must all the forms be dated on the same date? (We've filled some forms a few days before others) Not sure
3. Must all the forms be dated on the same date that we mail the application? Not sure
4. I have been working in the same job for the past 10 years and I am still working there. How can I add the dates of starting/ending when the pdf will not validate unless a date is added. How do I add "Present"? I don't think there is an option to put present, but would be interested to know if we can just write that in.
5. Do we write N/A in all of the boxes that don't apply in any of the forms ?(and what if they have already been greyed out after validating?) I think I seen somewhere about 1 form needing N/A's in the checklist
6. Where do the barcode pages go when organizing the application? right after the checklist? Sure it indicated that on the checklist somewhere
7. The Guide clearly requires a maximum of 20 photos and 10 pages of chat logs/letters/social media conversations...etc. Answered
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they have added way more than the maximum required numbers. Are we supposed to stick to the limit? Or is it better to add more just in case? I'm so confused...o_O

Snoopy75

May 3, 2018
I would ask IRCC about this if you're worried.

I sent a combination of older and newer forms with mine without issue but for all I know they didn't notice. Best to be sure.
I've considered calling IRCC however from what I've heard they don't accept calls outside Canada, and both of us currently live outside Canada.

When you say you sent a combination of older and newer forms, do you mean the forms were updated while you were gathering documents and you didn't catch that they updated until after you had sent the package in? I would hope that if everything else in the application is fine except for a form which hasn't even changed substantially they wouldn't be so picky as to send it back...

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada

Is this still valid. suppose if citizen applies for his spouse who is in visit visa. spouse should not move out once application was sent otherwise application would be cancelled . Any one clear my doubts.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
I've considered calling IRCC however from what I've heard they don't accept calls outside Canada, and both of us currently live outside Canada.

When you say you sent a combination of older and newer forms, do you mean the forms were updated while you were gathering documents and you didn't catch that they updated until after you had sent the package in? I would hope that if everything else in the application is fine except for a form which hasn't even changed substantially they wouldn't be so picky as to send it back...
Originally was going to apply in March 2018...filled it all out. Ended up applying March 2019. Reprinted select pages of forms a year later to change things that needed changing to avoid doing the whole app again. It's a mish mash of forms lol. Like I said, could be a fluke I got away with it. I suspect it's just not a big deal if nothing's different.

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada

Is this still valid. suppose if citizen applies for his spouse who is in visit visa. spouse should not move out once application was sent otherwise application would be cancelled . Any one clear my doubts.
Still valid. Applicant must stay in Canada.

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Guys i forgot to write "spousal application" on the envelope i am sending. Will that be an issue ? Someone will have to open the package and review the pages to figure what the application is for. I am worried that the package might not be kept in the proper pile....

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Awesome. Let us know. I emailed on Friday, now we're through the long weekend, so hoping to hear back like NOW! lol
I emailed 1 mp's office and they replied
You can also get them through your MP in more like 7 days. I'd go that route if I were you :)
Called my mp office. They said its possible to get the notes. Just have to go to their office and fill out forms.

Reactions: lccliff