+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi guys,
I know it has been asked lots of time, but can anyone please redirect me to checklist post 2017, someone who applied recently can please provide me with there checklist..with all supportive documents list too.
It will be great help.
Thanks!

nnnah

Jun 21, 2017
Yes, that's exactly what it means. Local offices seem to schedule landing interviews 2-8 weeks out; hopefully someone will have recent experience with that office.

Congratulations!
do you know how long it takes for landing interviews for winnipeg. its being 5 weeks since decision made

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
If you still have the expired ID card, include a copy; it doesn't need to be valid. If you don't actually have the card anymore, just explain that in the letter.

For the family booklet, if Spain actually issues one (most don't), explain in the letter as well.

There is no need to renew the national ID.
Thanks to both for the answers. I do have an expired Spanish ID. Also, I have a valid Spanish drivers license, which should count as a valid ID card, so that should be fine. As for the family booklet, Spain seems to only issue them when you marry or have children in the country. Since I married in Canada, I don´t think I even qualify for it, so unless they want my parents´, that should be covered. I asked CIC about on Twitter though, I´ll update with their answer.

Kantip

Sep 11, 2017
Hi guys my I requested for gcms notes and it says that recommended interview . But I haven't recieved anything from the cic yet . What does the mean that I am about get an interview call . If yes then do I need to worry .

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Inland spouse application
Applied 1feb 2017
AOR 18 feb 2017
Medical june 3
Now its shows medical is passed so anyone shares same timeline.what will be the next step
My shows med passed also. Im a March 2017 applicant inland.

No updates yet. Most ppl say it goes silent for q while after meds passed until SA comes along. Which can take up to 5-7 months later.

I got my notes yesterday and mostly everything says "not started "

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks to both for the answers. I do have an expired Spanish ID. Also, I have a valid Spanish drivers license, which should count as a valid ID card, so that should be fine. As for the family booklet, Spain seems to only issue them when you marry or have children in the country. Since I married in Canada, I don´t think I even qualify for it, so unless they want my parents´, that should be covered. I asked CIC about on Twitter though, I´ll update with their answer.
There is no need to include your Spanish driver's license. It is not a national ID card and is not a requested document. Follow the checklist and don't include extra stuff like that.

You can simply explain in the LOE about the family booklet.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi,
Good morning. Please I need some info. A friend applied for spousal sponsorship in May, 2017 and got UCI/AOR in July. Please how do we confirm where my application is, the status, and how long does spousal application takes to process based on experience.

I look forward to your kind suggestions

Please is there a whatsapp group that we can benefit from?
Did your friend apply inland or outland?

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hello Everyone.

I heard that If you submitt your spousal sponsorship it takes 6 months to be processed, is it true?

Wife is PR in Canada
Husband is back home

Thanks a lot
Depends on visa office. Can take anywhere between 4 to 12 months to process if you are applying outland.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi guys,
I know it has been asked lots of time, but can anyone please redirect me to checklist post 2017, someone who applied recently can please provide me with there checklist..with all supportive documents list too.
It will be great help.
Thanks!
Anyone can please help me on this ? It will be great help. Thanks

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
Hello everybody,
I have some questions about inland sponsorship application. Please help me!
I submitted my application on NOV 28 2016. My husband is a PR, he sponsored me. After I submitted my application, my visa is expired and I didn't restored my status at that time.
1. Am I illegal to stay in Canada? If so I'll leave Canada as soon as possible.
If not, after they processed my application and decided to give me an approved in principal, can I use this status to apply an open work permit? And how long will it takes?

2. Right now Application processing time takes about 26 months. This is a really long time to wait, because I can't do anything here.
If I drop inland application after I back to my country, and re-apply outland application will inland application experience is going to affect my new application(outland) process?

With outland application can I also apply a visitor visa?

Thank you so much for your time!

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I am looking for detail checklist -- what type of documents someone provided to prove relationship (e.g chat, photos, social media..and so on)
can anyone please provide me detail list. Thanks in advance!
The check list will tell you what you need to supply. Its depends on different things. Don't add documents they dont ask for

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

i opened a separate thread with no luck....so would appreciate some comments

I've filled in most of the forms, but had a few things I was not sure about...

General qs:
1. After the changes of last year, is there a difference in processing time or anything else between inland and outland?
2. We are planning to include an open work permit application - does that being granted require a medical report to be sent in? We can't do medical now as my wife is approx 16 weeks pregnant

Form specific:

Checklist

1. The supporting documents for sponsor section of application has section 3, which asks:
"Do you (sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring have (a) child(ren) together who may have a claim to Canadian citizenship?

In our case, we have a son who was born in August 2016. I have a birth certificate and SIN for him, so I am not sure how to answer this.

2. The supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members), requires the following; you (the principal applicant) must provide the following (photocopies only) for yourself and your family members....

a. most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all family members (who will accompany you to Canada)

In our case, I assume that our Canadian son, nor I, need to provide anything here. Can anyone confirm?

b. Birth certificates for yourself and all family members, whether accompanying to Canada or not.

In our case, my wife has parents and a brother and sister. Of course none are immigrating with her. I am fairly certain that means that we would not include anythng for them, but confirmation would be nice.

IMM0008ENU2D

1. Question 3 reads as follows:

How many family members, including you, are in this application?

I assume I do not need to include myself, or my son, as we are already citizens. Can anyone please confirm?

2. The section on dependants, reads as follows:

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

The wording is slightly confusing - in our case, I assume that as above, I do not include my wifes parents or siblings. I also assume that I do not include myself or our son. Can anyone please confirm?

IMM5406

Who exactly needs to fill this in? The chekclist says princpial applicant and any family members 18 years and older. As a Canadian citizen, do I fill this in? I am thinking it is my wife only, but again not quite clear...

Thanks in advance for the help!