+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tamari

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,
I sent my application in June, there was mistake and they sent me back, I returned it in 14th of July . I haven't recieved any news from CIC yet. Is it normal or should I worry?
Thank you

Dmcn85

Aug 5, 2017

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi yes we read that but it costs a lot for a certified copy of a document so we thought rather save that and just send his passport. No big deal we aren't in a massive rush.
I suggest you look a bit closer at the checklist. It explicitly states: DO NOT SUBMIT ORIGINALS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED AS DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE RETURNED. They don't ask for an original passport, so if he sends it, they won't be returning it.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
That's exactly my case.
I'm landed and this winter is planning to go and get married then sponsoring my husband.
Now we are engaged.
As far as I know being engaged isn't enough to sponsor since it only applies for spouses and common-law partners. In my case, I was engaged for 7 months (however we did start living together here in canada 3 months before getting married) and we applied just after getting the marriage certificate, a month after.
My recommendation would be to get married, start living together while working on the application and submit it.

Dmcn85

Aug 5, 2017
I suggest you look a bit closer at the checklist. It explicitly states: DO NOT SUBMIT ORIGINALS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED AS DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE RETURNED. They don't ask for an original passport, so if he sends it, they won't be returning it.
Thank you, I did read that and emailed the embassy in London to confirm if they would send the originals back and they said 100% they would and I have that email as confirmation.

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hi everyone..
i mail my application for spouse Pr on 18 august and it was received at cic office on 23 august.. i am pr in canada and sponsoring my wife who is in india..
I have not received AOR since yet . Please help how much time does it take to receive AOR.. thanks

Enggalal

Mar 24, 2013
Hi guys,experts,
I need your help for my starting application. recently I married to a Canadian citizen and we are thinking to hire a lawyer to handle all our process.
I have been go through the forum and seen most of the people here not recommended to hire a lawyer to start their application and motivated everyone whom need to begin their process to do it by themselves.
I need your advice about my spousal sponsorship and which forms need to fill them .if there is any one guide me through the process. I will be more appreciate to them.

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Dear All,
In proof of relationship they mentioned " Provide letters from friends/Family that your relationship is recognized by them. My question is how many letters we have to proved ? and also please guide me what we have to write in these letters?
I will be thankful if someone share sample of the letter.
Thanks.

Sep 3, 2017
Hi everyone..
i mail my application for spouse Pr on 18 august and it was received at cic office on 23 august.. i am pr in canada and sponsoring my wife who is in india..
I have not received AOR since yet . Please help how much time does it take to receive AOR.. thanks
Give it a few more weeks, usually 5-6 weeks, maybe on the longer side since lots of people get married over summer.

vunamese

Sep 7, 2017
Hi everyone..
my PR app was received July 21st and I didn't receive an AOR until Sept 6th. 7 weeks. I expect that you will wait around that long since things are getting more and more backed up with the CIC. the OWP wait was 10-12 weeks in June and is now 16 weeks.

Reactions: SterlingArcher

zavir

Sep 10, 2017
As far as I know being engaged isn't enough to sponsor since it only applies for spouses and common-law partners. In my case, I was engaged for 7 months (however we did start living together here in canada 3 months before getting married) and we applied just after getting the marriage certificate, a month after.
My recommendation would be to get married, start living together while working on the application and submit it.
Hi there. I am a single mother, PR and planning to get married to someone who doesn't live in Canada. You said it would be better to live together while sponsoring. How is that possible? visitor/tourist visa doesn't allow him to stay here more than a month. I wish I could live with him and work to earn money.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Can someone help me please.

I have applied for common law living in canada sponsorship with my boyfriend. I have been in canada for 18months on a work visa. I have been getting my schedule A and UK police check ready and I'm not sure if I need a Canadian police check or not??

If anyone knows or has advice please can you let

vunamese

Sep 7, 2017
I have a question for anyone who has applied for 2 week processing for a work permit. I understand that this applies to workers in both class "0" and "A." I am a US citizen under class "A" workers and will be able to fulfill the requirements for 2 week processing if I pulled everything together.

The reason why I am asking is because I applied for Spousal Sponsorship in July and received my AOR September 6th. I am worried that I will not receive my OWP in a reasonable amount of time as I have a job offer that begins in October. I was unaware of this 2 week processing since the spousal sponsorship PR route encourages applying for the OWP in conjunction with the spousal sponsorship application.

Is it too late to apply for the expedited application, should I even try? thanks in advance