+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Understand that your son is ALREADY Canadian. He doesn't need to be granted citizenship, he just needs proof of citizenship.

I suggest you submit his Certificate of Citizenship app as soon as you can. You don't have to wait to submit your wife's PR app; include proof of the Certificate app (like the receipt), your birth certificate, the baby's birth certificate and a letter of explanation.
Thanks Canuck_in_UK. Great clarification.

shafeez

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 23, 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 30, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello all,

I'm about to send in my husband's application any day now, and so about the fees, which category must I select when paying them online on CIC's website. Is it "Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class" ? He lives in Pakistan.

Thank you

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
shafeez said:
Hello all,

I'm about to send in my husband's application any day now, and so about the fees, which category must I select when paying them online on CIC's website. Is it "Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class" ? He lives in Pakistan.

Thank you
If he is not in Canada, you should apply outland. so it's the outside of Canada one

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
For the principal applicant when it asks for 'number of years of education in total' is it my whole schooling or my years in total at highest level of education eg University?

sally7

Sep 18, 2015
Hi everyone,
Today my online status has been changed to decision made ;) I hope you all will get your DM very soon bc i know how hard is to wait... does any of you know how long it will take until passport request is send via mail or email? It is spousal sponsorship and my visa office is London

Thank you in advance

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
kiwi01 said:
For the principal applicant when it asks for 'number of years of education in total' is it my whole schooling or my years in total at highest level of education eg University?
All years - elementary, secondary, post secondary ....I believe (and this is what we put)

C.

shafeez

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 23, 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 30, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Is there an option of printing the receipt 1 day after I've paid the sponsorship fees? It's bcuz I don't have a printer.

sally7

Sep 18, 2015
shafeez said:
Is there an option of printing the receipt 1 day after I've paid the sponsorship fees? It's bcuz I don't have a printer.
I also got a copy of payment receipt in my email... good luck

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
chilkootcee said:
All years - elementary, secondary, post secondary ....I believe (and this is what we put)

C.
Thanks!

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
shafeez said:
You receive a copy by email.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
sally7 said:
Hi everyone,
Today my online status has been changed to decision made ;) I hope you all will get your DM very soon bc i know how hard is to wait... does any of you know how long it will take until passport request is send via mail or email? It is spousal sponsorship and my visa office is London

Thank you in advance
You should try the London thread for better information.

griceyboy54

Oct 4, 2015
Hi people,

I am a New Zealander in love with an amazing Canadian girl (20 years old) who lives and studies in Montreal. I went over for a working holiday at the beginning of December 2014 and started a relationship with my partner in January. We lived together for about two months before I came home on June 19th 2015 as I needed to see family, whilst she went back to Montreal to travel to Europe and study afterwards. I wanted to find a full time job back here in New Zealand so I could earn more and save more money for when I traveled back to Canada to be with my partner. We are truly in love and will do anything to be together! We do not meet the requirements of common law and also conjugal partners since I have not been denied entry into Canada as yet. We are both prepared to get married and hopefully she is able to sponsor me. I plan on visiting her in Canada for New Years eve and afterwards potentially get married, if it's the only way to be together. Her father owns his own business and potentially can offer me employment however I hear it's hard to gain LMIA.

- I want to know how likely my partner will be accepted as a sponsor after we get married since she is a full time student, has a part-time job as a hostess at a club but is looking for another job to earn more. She has a great occupation record and has a clean criminal record, plus has school funds and a very supportive family. I read something about spouses not getting denied for not earning enough to support their spouses but that was a post in 2010, I also read something that in Quebec the sponsor has to earn at least $15000 in annual income plus $11000 savings in order to be approved (I'm most likely wrong with those figures but it is something substantially high). Does her income and savings play a part nowadays for sponsors?
- Also is it likely I may get denied in anyway if I visit Canada on a visitor visa then get married in Canada and stay whilst we wait for the sponsorship application to go through? Is it possible to gain a work permit while we wait for the permanent residency to be approved, and if so how long roughly? Would it be better if I visit her, get married, fly back to either NZ or work in the USA on a graduate working visa while we wait for the application?

There's just so much to it and it is very brain numbing!

I myself am 23 years old, have a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Management and Marketing, have a steady work history, currently a sales representative at Lighting Direct. I also have student loan debt from my time at university, would that affect my application in anyway?

Cheers, thank you for your time in reading this!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
griceyboy54 said:
- I want to know how likely my partner will be accepted as a sponsor after we get married since she is a full time student, has a part-time job as a hostess at a club but is looking for another job to earn more. She has a great occupation record and has a clean criminal record, plus has school funds and a very supportive family. I read something about spouses not getting denied for not earning enough to support their spouses but that was a post in 2010, I also read something that in Quebec the sponsor has to earn at least $15000 in annual income plus $11000 savings in order to be approved (I'm most likely wrong with those figures but it is something substantially high). Does her income and savings play a part nowadays for sponsors?
There are no income requirements for spousal sponsorship. She just can't be on welfare or bankrupt.

Your debt doesn't factor into the sponsorship process. So no impact.